Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Elderbean posted:

Watched Double Jeopardy yesterday and it really is a lifetime movie with a budget.

It really is, and I mean that in the best way possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Definitely with Andrew here, I laugh every time Steve says "Jamemaster's Clue"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I actually saw Ricochet in the theater. A group of us were going to see Barton Fink but it was sold out so we settled on this turd. We were laughing our asses off at most of it. Anyway that's my Ricochet story

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
John Amos IS great.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4xVCmsl9CA Steve was right this trailer is bonkers

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

"Two of Hollywood's hottest video rental stars." God drat, talk about damning with faint praise.

Also, I can't believe they used clips from The Dennis Miller Show in a trailer. Yikes.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

thrawn527 posted:

"Two of Hollywood's hottest video rental stars." God drat, talk about damning with faint praise.

Also, I can't believe they used clips from The Dennis Miller Show in a trailer. Yikes.

The funniest part is, JUST CUT THE TRAILER DOWN! You're at 2 minutes, you don't need multiple irl interviews with the stars just get the narrator to say something.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Really enjoying watching the mail bag live on my 65" 4k tv. It feels like Back to the Future 2.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Muldoon's Discord (found here https://discord.gg/MaHv2x) Watch along announcement!

quote:

Hi, everyone!

The winner is… FIRESTORM!

Thanks to everybody who voted!

Based on the results, we’ll be aiming for an 8:30PM Eastern/7:30PM Central start on Saturday the 26th.

If I can find the right stuff on YouTube, I may do a little Drafthouse/Nitehawk style pre-show reel of goofy, thematically-related clips in the half-hour before we actually start the movie.

Please pretend we’re all on the couch together watching this. Be considerate to everyone in the open voice channel. The occasional joke is welcome, but please don’t treat this like an MST3K audition. Basic rules of Internet Meeting etiquette apply, please make sure to mute your mic if your environment is noisy, that sort of thing.

This should be a lot of fun, I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

One of my all time favourite gags is the Gerrad, Snowden and Segal living in an apartment together
https://youtu.be/S4Wlkr6rUgA
Listen to me you French fat gently caress!

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
For those who skip the mailbags...don't. Eric and his delivery of "tell someone in power" in the latest is BEAUTIFUL.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain Hotbutt posted:

For those who skip the mailbags...don't. Eric and his delivery of "tell someone in power" in the latest is BEAUTIFUL.

yea you really shouldn't skip the mailbags in general but this one is a good rear end one

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

the setup they have on the mailbag rules now, I love it

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Soup du Jour posted:

the setup they have on the mailbag rules now, I love it

The way they highlight questions is legitimately really cool.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Wait, did they move the mailbags out of the podcast feeds? I don’t see anything in either the main feed or the patreon feed, and haven’t seen a mailbag there for a while. I just assumed they stopped doing them. My god, what have I done?!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, did they move the mailbags out of the podcast feeds? I don’t see anything in either the main feed or the patreon feed, and haven’t seen a mailbag there for a while. I just assumed they stopped doing them. My god, what have I done?!

They said the June one got away from them, and I don't think they did them in July or August. But, they did say that starting with the September one, they are coming back on the feed.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Hockles posted:

They said the June one got away from them, and I don't think they did them in July or August. But, they did say that starting with the September one, they are coming back on the feed.

Okay, so what Mailbag are people referring to now? I don’t see anything in the feed.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

thrawn527 posted:

Okay, so what Mailbag are people referring to now? I don’t see anything in the feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMBgfW0OJMA

They have been putting a lot of effort into their YouTube page lately. Which includes a few live-streams of their mailbags, Listener Request Month drawings, etc.

Like & Subscribe.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Hockles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMBgfW0OJMA

They have been putting a lot of effort into their YouTube page lately. Which includes a few live-streams of their mailbags, Listener Request Month drawings, etc.

Like & Subscribe.

Oh on YouTube. Okay. Thanks!

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
I tried watching " Cool world " in preparation for the coming episode and that is a miserable watch, just a confusing flurry of incoherent noise and confusing plot points , serve with a side dish of Bakshi homeyness .
Cant wait for the episode !

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

admataY posted:

I tried watching " Cool world " in preparation for the coming episode and that is a miserable watch, just a confusing flurry of incoherent noise and confusing plot points , serve with a side dish of Bakshi homeyness .
Cant wait for the episode !

I've never seen it, as I've been warned off of it by friends for years. I take it you're saying it's not even worth it from a "So bad it's good" watch?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
For a movie with so much going on, it becomes impressively dull.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Cool World is four different movies trying to be one coherent movie with a killer soundtrack it doesn’t deserve. Somehow I fell asleep in the last half hour, and I love a nice Bakshi.

Kind of hoping for an extended animation damnation of Fritz the Cat, but let’s wait for the Spooktacular for the most horrifying documentary known as Crumb, or “Giant Woman: The Motion Picture”.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Cool World is not good but I think it should be experienced at least once.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Yeah, it's worth at least one watch. Also it has Maurice LaMarche doing voice work which is a nice treat.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

I've never seen it, as I've been warned off of it by friends for years. I take it you're saying it's not even worth it from a "So bad it's good" watch?

If you can get it for free its probably worth a single watch just to experience the madness, but honestly the movie is more annoying then engaging .

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm half an hour into Cool World for the first time and this is embarrassingly bad. I wouldn't recommend watching this. I'm sure the WHM episode will be way more entertaining.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
When the tall glasses of water hit just right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnEAbCYV8pk

E: Fantastic Planet is good adult animation! but to be fair yeah the majority of explicitly adult animation films that aren’t bonerfied, not much?

teen witch fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 29, 2020

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Sometimes you just need to experience the pure shittyness of a movie so you can reminisce with other lovely movie veterans.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Cool World got me kicked out of a boarding school and if the gang doesn't read my letter on a mailbag I'll post that story here if anyone's interested.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Sounds from HELL!

https://youtu.be/Ph3DHRIXct8

Or this lovely page has the article and sounds in MP3 or real audio format

http://www.av1611.org/hell.html

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 29, 2020

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

teen witch posted:

Fantastic Planet is good adult animation! but to be fair yeah the majority of explicitly adult animation films that aren’t bonerfied, not much?

yeah you've basically got Fantastic Planet, Bakshi's stuff, and a bunch of anime

and even then the vast majority of anime is not good adult animation, i think the only things i can recommend to a non-anime-fan without big caveats (and/or big required content warnings) would be Akira, Princess Mononoke and Redline.

i do want the gang to eventually watch Ninja Scroll, but only because they've made a running gag out of how hosed up it is, their memories have way telephone-gamed that aspect of it, and i want to hear their reactions when it's not nearly as horrifying as they remembered and instead is basically what happens when an 80s Cannon movie gets in a teleporter accident with Mortal Kombat. it's not really a good movie, but it's decent dumb fun and live-action stuff along similar lines tends to be a WLM, so it'd be hilarious to see them give that movie a full-on shot and completely 180 on it.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

TTBF posted:

Cool World got me kicked out of a boarding school and if the gang doesn't read my letter on a mailbag I'll post that story here if anyone's interested.

I am interested, but I agree, wait to see if they pick it.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Oh man they’re gonna do Species II in October. It’s the worst one in that franchise, and you DO NOT want to be the worst one in the Species franchise.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

Oh man they’re gonna do Species II in October. It’s the worst one in that franchise, and you DO NOT want to be the worst one in the Species franchise.

AAAAA WITH ANGELICA YESSSS!!!!!

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

teen witch posted:

AAAAA WITH ANGELICA YESSSS!!!!!

Psyched for a an episode that'll be the opposite of :chast2b:

Full list for all:
Episode 508 — Final Destination 2
Episode 509 — Species II with Angelica Jade Bastién
Episode 510 — Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies
Episode 506 — Saw II

Patreon Episodes:
Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2
Animation Damnation — It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
The Nexus: TOS: "The Trouble With Tribbles" (s2, e15) TNG: "Manhunt" (s2, e19)
Gleep Glossary: The Death Watch Mandalorians (to tie in to the grand return of The Mandalorian Half-Hour coming next month!)
Patreon Commentary: Evil Dead 2

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I have fond memories of working in a theater when Species 2 was playing. I'll have to see if I can dig up my lenticular bling flair.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

BigglesSWE posted:

It's somehow the only movie in the series I've seen, because it was showing at a party I was at back in high school (so, okay, "seen" might be overstating it, but I've watched some of it), so between that fact, and the fact that Angelica Jade Bastién is back, I am super loving psyched for that episode. She was great for the first Species episode, and since then I've been following her on Twitter and reading her columns on Vulture. She's legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BigglesSWE posted:

It’s the worst one in that franchise, and you DO NOT want to be the worst one in the Species franchise.

What? Hell no, it's not

Species 2 isn't a good movie, but it's a pretty watchable bad one with a couple of really nifty gore/effects sequences (that loving head explosion holy poo poo), and the direct-to-SyFy sequels are orders of magnitude worse