Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ESPN_BillC/status/1309999285094608896

https://twitter.com/ChrisTavarez/status/1309980906153742337

We want HBU!

https://twitter.com/swmckewonOWH/status/1310020165933957122

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

-The Exorcist, 1973

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Feleipe Franks is still bad.
Arkansas' return coverage team is worse.
D'wan Mathis isn't ready to be a college quarterback.
Richard LeCounte is very good at playing defense.

e:

https://twitter.com/CregStephenson/status/1310051031544365058

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 27, 2020

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Cross posting from GDT:

I still can’t fathom what SC was thinking when they hired Muschamp.
Pros:
Known entity
Knows your division
He’s from Florida and the last Florida coach brought the program to the heights of mediocrity

Cons:
He just got fired from Florida for being poo poo in the exact division you’re in, a school with a much better recruiting platform and started from a much better position.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

maxallen posted:

It worked the last time they hired a Florida coach.

I'm guessing they figured he'd matured a bit and would do better with a new OC.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

FSU might be worse off today than Florida was at any point within the last Lost Decade of Gator football. That's a mess that will take time to clean up, and worse still, that's time FSU boosters don't seem willing to give.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I refuse to call this a season until i see some MACtion.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

The big 12 is terrible. It's a good thing this entire season is going to have a giant asterisk next to it.

Texas might be able to sneak into the playoffs If they remain undefeated which is doubtful with this defense. The offense at least looks much better.

Oklahoma has a very young and extremely talented quarterback that will make some terrible decisions when pressured. The defense looked good for the first half before reverting back to form in the second.

The rest of the conference has already embarrassed themselves in one way or another.

The big 12s P5 spot should be vacated and replaced with the Sunbelt.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's weird to say because we put up 63 points, but the O-line looked pretty loving bad.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Shot: UF rolled up over 600 yds of offense and over 50 points :toot:

Chaser: UF defense gave up over 600 yards of offense to Ole Miss. :emo:

Conclusion: This is way more entertaining and competent football than Mus or Mac or muster so :fuckoff:

maxallen posted:

Cross posting from GDT:

Pros:
Known entity
Knows your division
He’s from Florida and the last Florida coach brought the program to the heights of mediocrity

Cons:
He just got fired from Florida for being poo poo in the exact division you’re in, a school with a much better recruiting platform and started from a much better position.

Crossposting my reply to you

LeeMajors posted:

He was fired from UF less than 24hrs after losing to them. I attended the game in Gainesville. With a Gamecocks fan.

I made fun of him by text like an hour ago.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
One game in and can confidently say all Tennessee games will be a crapshoot.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

I still can't believe we're doing this poo poo.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

The big 12 is terrible. It's a good thing this entire season is going to have a giant asterisk next to it.

Texas might be able to sneak into the playoffs If they remain undefeated which is doubtful with this defense. The offense at least looks much better.

Oklahoma has a very young and extremely talented quarterback that will make some terrible decisions when pressured. The defense looked good for the first half before reverting back to form in the second.

The rest of the conference has already embarrassed themselves in one way or another.

The big 12s P5 spot should be vacated and replaced with the Sunbelt.

Baylor looked good.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Bazelak had some good plays and the defense shined at times. Receivers still need to learn to CATCH THE DANG BALL though. Maybe we'll win an SEC game or two. That would be nice. Mostly I just miss late night couging

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Tennessee won on my dad’s birthday and that’s all I give a poo poo about.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Yeah, Pac 12 after dark was pretty much the only football i could watch live and now it's gone

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

whos that broooown posted:

Yeah, Pac 12 after dark was pretty much the only football i could watch live and now it's gone

Still an entire half of BYU football left!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

maxallen posted:

One of the things that baffles me is how sometimes a medium level program will hire "failed coach from a big school" when every such program should be taking shots at up and comers from mid majors

I get risk aversion and the fact that the people doing the hiring are generally old and not willing to roll the dice a bunch but even Florida did it with Urban Meyer and how'd that work out? Don't chase retreads.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Still an entire half of BYU football left!

I don't think they would approve of me watching football past midnight.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Lol lsu

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Edward Mass posted:

Baylor looked good.

“Embarrassed themselves in one way or another” can do as much work as you want it to I suppose.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
gently caress OU go K-State.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Miss State looked pretty good, and I kinda regret not having him at Tennessee. Especially when our quarterback throws every third down 5 yards above the receivers head. The Vols defense looked pretty bad, but Henry To looks like the real deal. Chaney and Pruitt made some weird decisions, like not going for it on 4th down from the 30 and then missing the field goal. Also NOT RUNNING THE DANG BALL.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Kansas ain't winning a game this year, folks.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Two weeks ago: Big 12 is a laughing stock as Iowa State loses to ULL, Kansas State loses to Arkansas State, and Texas Tech almost loses to HBU.

This week: Iowa State beats TCU, Kansas State beats Oklahoma, and Texas Tech almost beats Texas.

What I'm saying is, whatever you thought of the Big 12 two weeks ago, it's way worse

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How did Texas Tech blow their game. Woof

This is making the rounds and all, but Brock Purdy did something similar earlier in the day and it was just as bad

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

News: UGA finally got out of its way enough in the 2nd half and remembered that we have pretty good football players and if anything should be able to simply out talent Arkansas.

Views: I think D'Wan Mathis can be a good football player at the CFB level. He has a really big arm and can run enough that any defense would have to at least account for him taking off, even if we want him to be more of a pocket passer than a runner. I also think that he looks like a guy who hasn't really played meaningful football in a year thanks to the cyst on his brain, the surgery to remove it, and the ensuing recovery.

I think Stetson Bennett (what a UGA football player name) obviously did a pretty good job getting the offense moving. We called (or at least executed) 7 QB runs, which is a seismic shift for a Kirby Smart football team. I think he wants to loosen it up and thats what guys like Newman, Mathis, and even Fields when he was here, were supposed to do. I am getting big Hutson Mason vibes from Stetson: A short QB who waited their turn, who isn't going to light the world on fire but handled himself well enough.

I think Todd Monken is sort of going to flip the script when it comes to the UGA philosophy. We will still end up being a run heavy team, but it really felt like we were (in the 2nd half when things were moving, anyway) passing to set up the run, which is totally backwards from any point since Kirby got here. I know the game is a sample size of one and that we didn't really pull out all the stops, but I think that having a more pass happy UGA with the actual good receivers we have can stop everyone from just stacking boxes and making us as one-dimensional as we can be.

I don't know if we have a full blown QB controversy, but I wonder whats up with JT Daniels. The assumption is that it was either him or Mathis to start, but Daniels might still not be cleared from his injury.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

In addition to getting powerfucked by Alabama, A&M is going get embarrassed by Mike Leach, while I have a feeling that LSU-A&M is going to be an unwatchable slog

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

This is making the rounds and all, but Brock Purdy did something similar earlier in the day and it was just as bad

I need video because I didn’t watch the game.

Glad OU lost but now ISU has to face them and we’re probably getting crushed.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Ah yes

https://twitter.com/SomeonesAnIdiot/status/1309938651128889345

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

I need video because I didn’t watch the game.

Imagine two Big 12 teams refusing to play defense. Then here's the missing piece

https://twitter.com/CFBONFOX/status/1309998682499158019

Just noticed how unexcited Malcolm Epps is about recovering that kick.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Jesus Christ.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

maxallen posted:

Cross posting from GDT:

I recall Muschamp was a safety pick after Tom Herman publicly snubbed them just before he went to Texas

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

dirty shrimp money posted:

I recall Muschamp was a safety pick after Tom Herman publicly snubbed them just before he went to Texas

Also Kirby got snatched up by UGA when the rumors were that he was willing to go to Carolina. Richt got fired and Mcgarity made Smart his first and literally only call.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

It doesn't get more South Carolina than losing a game because a punt bounced off one of your player's legs, so. Consistent with the brand. I expected us to win 1-3 games this season and that projection looks about right, especially if we keep doing things like kicking field goals late in one-possession games.

KKKLIP ART posted:

Also Kirby got snatched up by UGA when the rumors were that he was willing to go to Carolina. Richt got fired and Mcgarity made Smart his first and literally only call.

It's this. I don't think the Herman discussions ever got that far along, but we were definitely zeroing in on Kirby when UGA literally dropped everything to cockblock us from getting him.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 27, 2020

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It was payback for you people hiring Spurrier.

I feel bad for Dwan but he seemed to take it in stride and like kkklip said stetson can at least come in and hold the foxhole together. He knows the playbook and he's waited his turn as a walk-on, this season's basically house money, let's see what he can do.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
All this Muscuamp chat had better not presage a South Carolina upset next week.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LLCoolJD posted:

All this Muscuamp chat had better not presage a South Carolina upset next week.

lol bro come on :D

we’re gonna be real good this year

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Ehud posted:

lol bro come on :D

we’re gonna be real good this year

I know im talking from the foyer of my glass house but they say this about UF every single year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I know im talking from the foyer of my glass house but they say this about UF every single year

Wut

UF is crawling out of a decade of offensive darkness and has been super good for both of Mullen’s seasons. He’s really cleaned up most of the inconsistencies and he’s doing it with a 3* QB who didn’t even start in high school.

Unless I’m misunderstanding you. We spent awhile in the woods.