Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
why are they not playing his music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lmao the lei

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
this is so bad

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

acting

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I think if you cut this down a bit I would have been fine with it. Just dragged out way to long

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gonna be cool as heck when BIG E beats Roman Reigns for the title

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
Is he dead?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

okay roman got some pretty flowers to add to his costume so if he wears those 100% of the time when not wrestling, I'm okay with everyone else wearing plain loving black pants

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I loved that, it was heartbreaking

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lmao every part of his went way too long wtf

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

that sucked absolute rear end, what the gently caress

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Well, cool heel Roman lasted until about 10 minutes ago when he decided to physically abuse a family member until their partner had to intervene and literally submit. loving gross.

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
Good job ruining the ppv, Retribution

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

I think if you cut this down a bit I would have been fine with it. Just dragged out way to long

I get the feeling they added time to this and to McIntyre/Orton because of the two women's matches being scrapped.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Very rarely does WWE do matches that tell stories but I really liked this one and the future storyline potential.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Horrible. Second best wwe ppv this year. lol.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
that thing was shorter than a raw

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
How long was that match?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I trust you all. Everywhere else is telling me this is match of the year.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
If Roman pinned him after the ballshot/spear I'd have really liked it. Instead it went on for 45 minutes.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

so should i watch the intercontinental match? i read it was good

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Codependent Poster posted:

I think the idea of this and parts were good, but it coulda been cut down. Maybe they had to go longer because of all the changes to the card.

I think it's much more likely that WWE house style demands a plodding match for HEEL HEAT and also a complete absence of anything approaching subtlety

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
that went from ok to "please god end this now" really quickly

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Big Queefy posted:

Yeah, it was a little messy but everyone worked their butts off and Sami proved how smart he is

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

Very rarely does WWE do matches that tell stories but I really liked this one and the future storyline potential.

That wasn't "telling a story". That was HERE'S OUR STORY WE'RE GOING TO BEAT YOU OVER THE HEAD WITH IT

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I get the feeling they added time to this and to McIntyre/Orton because of the two women's matches being scrapped.

They don't have to add time to anything though.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Big Queefy posted:

it was the only good match imo, and surprisingly Zelina's, the rest were raw quality or randy orton triple h epics

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

the filet mignon of storytelling

subtle, mature, for a sophisticated viewer

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

That wasn't "telling a story". That was HERE'S OUR STORY WE'RE GOING TO BEAT YOU OVER THE HEAD WITH IT

Well I like the story at least. Much better than whatever is going on on Raw.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey everybody, make sure to call me The Tribal Chief (tm), available on t-shirts, hats and hoodies now!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah it wasn't executed perfectly, but the story they're doing with Reigns is pretty good.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Yeah it wasn't executed perfectly, but the story they're doing with Reigns is pretty good.

This is 100% how I feel about that match.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

WWE executes their stories and the general product the way they do because they see their audience as gibbering morons so it's not like I've ever expected subtle storytelling from them.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I thought Roman/Jey was at worst perfectly fine. I enjoyed it. The only thing is I don't expect any kind of payoff so I don't think it's going anywhere. Jey isn't going to win the title so it's kind of wasted

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Intruder posted:

I thought Roman/Jey was at worst perfectly fine. I enjoyed it. The only thing is I don't expect any kind of payoff so I don't think it's going anywhere. Jey isn't going to win the title so it's kind of wasted

Yeah there's an entire storyline there where Jey becomes the underdog face who refuses to acknowledge Roman as the head of the family while Jimmy aligns with Roman. I don't know if they'll follow through but it would be cool.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

does anybody have a gif of the part of the ic match where i think jeff on the big ladder gets hit by a tiny 3’ ladder?

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I really am enjoying the character direction for Roman, just would like it a bit less.....drawn out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I enjoyed that quite a bit.

Most of the match execution was good enough to good (including the pre show) and the stories were absurd in the way I like.

I wouldn’t want every match to be Roman chatting with his fam but it was good tonight.