Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Is there a thread up for the yearly Taco Bell Xbox Raffle Goonstravaganza?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Usually someone makes one in Coupons.

E; https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941755

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Thanks, my dumbass was checking games

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Crafty posted:

drat imagine how good that 11 year old game remake could have looked on a more powerful console like the series x

lmao

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Forza Horizon 3 will be delisted from the Microsoft Store in approximately 10 hours from the time of this post. It's a very good game and is on sale.

Every digital copy is a Play Anywhere title, meaning you can play it on the Xbox One family of consoles, the Xbox Series family of consoles, and Windows 10.

Standard edition: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/p/forza-horizon-3-standard-edition/9nblggh4x6t9?ocid=AID2000142_aff_7593_1243925&activetab=pivot:overviewtab
Ultimate Edition (does not include the expansion pass, but includes the car pass and VIP): https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/p/forza-horizon-3-ultimate-edition/9nblggh4rq1k?ocid=AID2000142_aff_7593_1243925&activetab=pivot:overviewtab
Expansion pass: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon-3-expansion-pass/9nblggh4t5ft?ocid=AID2000142_aff_7593_1243925&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zerot posted:

Forza Horizon 3 will be delisted from the Microsoft Store in approximately 10 hours from the time of this post. It's a very good game and is on sale.

Every digital copy is a Play Anywhere title, meaning you can play it on the Xbox One family of consoles, the Xbox Series family of consoles, and Windows 10.

Standard edition: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/p/forza-horizon-3-standard-edition/9nblggh4x6t9?ocid=AID2000142_aff_7593_1243925&activetab=pivot:overviewtab
Ultimate Edition (does not include the expansion pass, but includes the car pass and VIP): https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/p/forza-horizon-3-ultimate-edition/9nblggh4rq1k?ocid=AID2000142_aff_7593_1243925&activetab=pivot:overviewtab
Expansion pass: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon-3-expansion-pass/9nblggh4t5ft?ocid=AID2000142_aff_7593_1243925&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

What makes 3 better over 4?

Besides price Obv.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

MarcusSA posted:

Besides price Obv.

Hot wheels dlc

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Hot Wheels DLC is cooler than the Lego DLC.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

MarcusSA posted:

Besides price Obv.

3 is pretty drat close to 4 as far as content/gameplay goes. It also has the Hot Wheels DLC, which is awesome!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i bought forza horizon 3 ultimate edition on xbox in 2016. why does it say I don't own the game for pc?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

Hot wheels dlc

Stan Taylor posted:

Hot wheels dlc

American McGay posted:

The Hot Wheels DLC is cooler than the Lego DLC.

Haha ok fair enough.

$30 isn't too much of an ask for what seems like a lot of content.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Besides price Obv.

Both are incredibly good. I would probably rank 3 above 4 personally but not really for any other reason than I think the main map is marginally better.

ethanol posted:

i bought forza horizon 3 ultimate edition on xbox in 2016. why does it say I don't own the game for pc?

Did you buy it digitally? They sold a disc copy of the Ultimate Edition, I think.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Zerot posted:

Did you buy it digitally? They sold a disc copy of the Ultimate Edition, I think.

digital, i even went back to my order from 2016 to verify. i also own dlc (somehow they sold the dlc extra on top of $100 ultimate)

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

ethanol posted:

digital, i even went back to my order from 2016 to verify. i also own dlc (somehow they sold the dlc extra on top of $100 ultimate)

I also bought the Ultimate Edition, and if I go to that version on the Xbox app it says I don't own it. But if I go to the standard edition it lets me download it. Does that work for you?

It also shows up as purchased for me in the Microsoft Store application, so that's another place to check.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Zerot posted:

I also bought the Ultimate Edition, and if I go to that version on the Xbox app it says I don't own it. But if I go to the standard edition it lets me download it. Does that work for you?

It also shows up as purchased for me in the Microsoft Store application, so that's another place to check.

they were messing with me

search attempt 1

search attempt 2

:shrug:

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Weird, but glad it came up!

Make sure to download the free DLC cars before they get delisted too. I don't remember how many there are or if they are remarkable, but free cars!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

After getting the Dolby for Headphones and playing a lot of COD last night I really do think it is worth it if you use headphones a lot.

Things really do sound crisper and easier to ID.

I also got the Elite 2 and I'm not 100% sold on that yet but I have 45 days to decide if I like it or not. I think I need to build up some muscle memory to use the paddles.

It does feel nice in the hands though.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

After getting the Dolby for Headphones and playing a lot of COD last night I really do think it is worth it if you use headphones a lot.

Things really do sound crisper and easier to ID.

I also got the Elite 2 and I'm not 100% sold on that yet but I have 45 days to decide if I like it or not. I think I need to build up some muscle memory to use the paddles.

It does feel nice in the hands though.

If you aren't used to paddles I would start with just using 2. Personally I do jump on the left paddle and crouch on the right.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

boz posted:

If you aren't used to paddles I would start with just using 2. Personally I do jump on the left paddle and crouch on the right.

Yeah I took two of them off because it felt a little weird. I have crouch on one and good call on jump on the other! I was still trying to figure out what to do with the other.

Thanks!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Horizon 3 has a better setting, Hot Wheels DLC is better than Lego DLC, and the whole "seasons" thing in 4 was lame. Forza Horizon 3 for life.

2 was also very good and sadly will always be trapped on the console

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

Horizon 3 has a better setting, Hot Wheels DLC is better than Lego DLC, and the whole "seasons" thing in 4 was lame. Forza Horizon 3 for life.

2 was also very good and sadly will always be trapped on the console

I am mad at 2 because I'm missing one road for the drive on all roads achievement and I cannot find it.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The intro to 3 absolutely owns in 4K, a whole section of the map was engineered just for that opening race to have some incredible vistas. It's in the demo, so download that ASAP in case it also gets delisted.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah FH3 is better than FH4. The map is more interesting as are the challenges. I just found it a far better experience than 4, and that’s even before looking at the Hot Wheels DLC (which is excellent).

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Ruffian Price posted:

The intro to 3 absolutely owns in 4K, a whole section of the map was engineered just for that opening race to have some incredible vistas. It's in the demo, so download that ASAP in case it also gets delisted.

That demo sold me on the game, really enjoyed it.

I also have an elite v1. I don't use the paddles too much, but they do come in handy for some games.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Oh, so the expansion pass isn't included in the ultimate edition of Horizon 3. Should've read the fine print. I honestly don't care that much about these car passes, but whatever.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
You should get both 3 and 4. 3 is fun, 4 is prettier and I like the setting better (I have an absolute obsession with the english countryside) but 3s is awesome too.

They're both really fun. The DLC for both is awesome too. They work really well in tandem.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

ErrEff posted:

Oh, so the expansion pass isn't included in the ultimate edition of Horizon 3. Should've read the fine print. I honestly don't care that much about these car passes, but whatever.

I was just looking at that too. I think thats just including the VIP car passes. The Hot Wheels DLC is 3x the price of the standard game at £17.99 :(

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Crafty posted:

I was just looking at that too. I think thats just including the VIP car passes. The Hot Wheels DLC is 3x the price of the standard game at £17.99 :(
The pass which includes both expansion DLCs (including Hot Wheels) is about £8 until it disappears soon. The site doesn't make that clear if you just look at the Hot Wheels DLC.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I wish 'Play Anywhere' was an industry standard.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Cool, "Ready to start!" prompt at 30% downloaded!

Get the intro cinematics, choose brightness and subtitles...

"INSTALLING... PLEASE WAIT" - 13%

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

ErrEff posted:

"INSTALLING... PLEASE WAIT" - 13%

Sounds like you got played

I bought the DLC now, so well done Zerot you made at least 2/3 sales here

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Crafty posted:

Sounds like you got played

I bought the DLC now, so well done Zerot you made at least 2/3 sales here

Glad to make a difference. More people should own the best game of the generation.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

more people should own anodyne 2? agreed

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I got confused between Forza Horizons 2 and 3, I've just realised I never actually played 3. Bought the base game too, looking forward to giving it a go

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

more people should own anodyne 2? agreed

Let me the know a few hours before its about to be taken off steam forever and I will probably buy it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its not a car game so its probably on there for good sorry

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
FH3 was my first Horizon game. I only tried it because there aren't that many games set meaningfully in Australia and they did a fantastic job with that part, it was awesome driving on streets and roads that looked like places I could go in real life and the game was pretty fun on top of that. I didn't actually think the Hot Wheels DLC was that amazing but I was probably burned out by the time I played it, and I never even touched the snowy mountain one. I haven't got FH4, maybe the gameplay is incredible but the England map surely couldn't be anywhere near as varied or interesting.

In hindsight it's lucky it came out when it did, we had decades of local car manufacturing and Holden/Ford rivalries and original designs but Holden was basically dead and there weren't any factories going within a year of the game's release.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

uvar posted:

FH3 was my first Horizon game. I only tried it because there aren't that many games set meaningfully in Australia and they did a fantastic job with that part, it was awesome driving on streets and roads that looked like places I could go in real life and the game was pretty fun on top of that. I didn't actually think the Hot Wheels DLC was that amazing but I was probably burned out by the time I played it, and I never even touched the snowy mountain one. I haven't got FH4, maybe the gameplay is incredible but the England map surely couldn't be anywhere near as varied or interesting.

Agreed. FH3 & FH4 are both solid games but I definitely preferred 3 for the varied :australia: locations and the overall more fun kind of vibe it has.

FH3 also has a Tesla so you can get the clutch + manual difficulty bonuses in a car that uses neither. :v:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

If anyone doesn’t have it Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition is $10.50 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Middle-Earth-Shadow-War-Definitive-Xbox-One/dp/B07G3X9ZJF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

So when is Forza Horizons: Middle Earth? I wanna race some Eagles.