Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
a dude goes crazy with a icepick lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

im kind of all over the place these days but here's the latest stack

note that media from that island nation off the coast of china is not included here

needs more star wars

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

fart simpson posted:

needs more star wars

and at least another no country for old men, maybe two for good measure

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol the first aeon flux i downloaded was the 3d version so it's left and right frames. anyways

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
btw lmaooo the prequels suck so loving bad yall. i mean you knew this but. oh my god

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

lol the first aeon flux i downloaded was the 3d version so it's left and right frames. anyways

does it work if you cross your eyes?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

whos your favorite character from the prequels jonny

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i cannot think of one character in the 90s movies that i actually have any affection for but i guess i might grumble and say obi wan? like he's an enormous anal retentive nerd that quotes jedi glossaries all day but yeah i guess he's one of the least bad roles

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jonny 290 posted:

i cannot think of one character in the 90s

you know what's weird? only the first one is from the 90s

the other two are pure early 2000s

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that's actually kind of hosed up now that you mention. god they feel so 99

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm a fan of Elan Sleazebaggano™, a male Balosar slythmonger who was present on Coruscant, the capital of the Galactic Republic, during the Separatist Crisis. He tended to tour Coruscant's nightclubs to sell his addictive death sticks.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
general grievous - an entirely cgi robot character - is the only person in the entire prequel trilogy who seemed to be having any fun at all

e: boss nass gets points just because he was voiced by brian blessed

FMguru fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Sep 28, 2020

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

like he's an enormous anal retentive nerd that quotes jedi glossaries all day but yeah i guess he's one of the least bad roles

one time some christian guy asked me what a tramp stamp was, and that's what obi wan is like

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

that's actually kind of hosed up now that you mention. god they feel so 99

they do, although by the second and third one they were leaning pretty hard into post-9/11

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

one time some christian guy asked me what a tramp stamp was, and that's what obi wan is like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uMEE7eaaUA

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

FMguru posted:

general grievous - an entirely cgi robot character - is the only person in the entire prequel trilogy who seemed to be having any fun at all

e: boss nass gets points just because he was voiced by brian blessed

proops's character was having fun

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

at least i gotta give props to the world building the prequels had. the sequels, in return, were literally the most empty calorie poo poo.

e: still dont understand why folks ever liked star wars. literally a huge Nerd collective around a single good movie out of eleven

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jonny 290 posted:

btw lmaooo the prequels suck so loving bad yall. i mean you knew this but. oh my god

they suck and acting/dialog is dogshit, but at least lucas had a vision and passion for poo poo. these days i generally like more endearing-passion even if the final product is garbage because at least you can see some humanity behind it. that's more than i can say about the jjabraquels

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Beamed posted:

e: still dont understand why folks ever liked star wars. literally a huge Nerd collective around a single good movie out of eleven

i bet you don't even own a television either

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

how else would i have played the greatest game ever released for the PS4, Bloodborne?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Xaris posted:

they suck and acting/dialog is dogshit, but at least lucas had a vision and passion for poo poo. these days i generally like more endearing-passion even if the final product is garbage because at least you can see some humanity behind it. that's more than i can say about the jjabraquels
yeah the one thing i will say about the prequels is that lucas at least tried to do something different, something that wasn't just more x-wings and stormtroopers and the millenium falcon

the problem was that he was the exact wrong person to write and direct a space opera version of i, claudius

and then disney bought the franchise and cranked out an endless stream of dull movies with more x-wings and stormtroopers and the millenium falcon and etc etc

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

yeah the new ones don't take any chances and are generally just kinda bland

like yeah the prequels are mostly not great but i'll take racist aliens and child murder over just dropped character arcs all over the place

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
yo I don't give a gently caress about riker's relationship with his father

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

FMguru posted:

yeah the one thing i will say about the prequels is that lucas at least tried to do something different, something that wasn't just more x-wings and stormtroopers and the millenium falcon

the problem was that he was the exact wrong person to write and direct a space opera version of i, claudius

and then disney bought the franchise and cranked out an endless stream of dull movies with more x-wings and stormtroopers and the millenium falcon and etc etc
yeah pretty much. i'll vast prefer some authentic/sincerity in a passion-project over yet another big budget design-by-algo/committee digital entertainment equivalent of soylent. just give me some loving humanity and something new somewhere in there

that's also why a lot of recent A24 Films (esp Ari Aster work) and other low-budget stuff has been the best things ive seen in like a decade because there's like, passion and sincerity in there, and it's not refined down to a dull knob everytime there's something that's ridiculous they just roll with it because gently caress yeah

that probably didn't make sense but oh well

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SmokaDustbowl posted:

yo I don't give a gently caress about riker's relationship with his father
*stav voice* star trek is about being gay with your dad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Xaris posted:

refined down to a dull knob

:hmmyes:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
ds9: you have gay sex in the airport bathrooms now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

star trek is about riker boning everything remotely boneable in a 10,000 light year radius.

guaranteed he's done it with every alien on the ship, including data

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
man it don't even matter when it's arcturian

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Data is a really crappy name for an android, it's like naming your cat fluffy or some poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

TOOT BOOT posted:

Data is a really crappy name for an android, it's like naming your cat fluffy or some poo poo

I would hang out, because I could just smoke weed and talk to data all day

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

TOOT BOOT posted:

the other one was named "lore"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

TOOT BOOT posted:

did data name himself that or did soong decide?

also you know that all of the soong androids were built as sex-bots. the fact that there's no lady bot just tells us that soong was gay

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

also you know that all of the soong androids were built as sex-bots. the fact that there's no lady bot just tells us that soong was gay
the one time they tried to build a lady android they called her "lol"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

did data name himself that or did soong decide?

huh? no he made a robo wife too

i mean, he may have been gay as christmas morning, but he also made a wife

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ah okay. soong is also bi

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FMguru posted:

and he's treated way better in the animated series too

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
i enjoy the auralnauts parody star wars prequels

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jabor posted:

i enjoy the auralnauts parody star wars prequels

this is the only positive legacy of the sequels, but it makes up for a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsaKaRGjnxE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

is fantasy garbage allowed here or is it only for space nerds

i am re-reading the raven tower right now and it is very good