Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What's going on with Pikamee? Did she call in the rest of VOMS as backup because she can't do a triple jump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

she need HELP

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Patware posted:

she need HELP

she’s doing fine

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

I'm assuming this isn't photoshopped given how insane Taiwan news is. They've had segments about Twitch drama several times before.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

Piece of known shits hololive moments is shutting down because they are *surprise, surprise* part of the bilibili chuds

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgyP0qFnqskOD0OdoS54AaABCQ

Lol, who gives a poo poo? Whatever.

CJ posted:

I'm assuming this isn't photoshopped given how insane Taiwan news is. They've had segments about Twitch drama several times before.

Once you discover haachama it would be immoral not to use her in your news program at every chance you get.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Sep 28, 2020

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
omfg pikamee did it and was about to get the star and then loving fell off the ledge holy moly

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

wow that goodbye message is a real essay

towards the end, “Appendix 1,” I never knew Choco got banned for a week because of a superchat mentioning Tibet this June

or that such a thing as “illegal messages” existed in China

really, everything in the last few paragraphs is hard to parse.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
internet meltdowns generally are hard to parse

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo! that hololive moments manifesto is freaking long! It may as well be stimpire.txt but like gently caress I am going to read more than the opening paragraph to find out.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Man, Kiara sounded really sad because of technical problems on her stream. :(

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Negostrike posted:

Man, Kiara sounded really sad because of technical problems on her stream. :(

what happened? amelia couldn't get her limbo stream to launch either

i think only gura has been spared technical nightmares

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Tae posted:

Piece of known shits hololive moments is shutting down because they are *surprise, surprise* part of the bilibili chuds

My "favorite" part about that announcement is that despite having a length of small essay, and constantly saying that what Coco did was heinous, that it hurt many people and that it will have consequences for Hololive as whole, they never once mention what Coco actually did, why it is supposed to be heinous, how and by what are all those people supposed to be hurt and the reason for possible consequences for Hololive. If I had no idea about what this particular shitstorm is about, I would assume she ate a baby on stream or something.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Sep 28, 2020

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
I have a bad feeling that Hololive will buckle to the pressure and remove their youtube and foreign presence entirely. I know that's where they make like two thirds of their income, but I feel like japanese businesses try to avoid controversy even if it means sacrificing growth.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

If that were true they wouldn't have done anything in China in the first place.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

I have a bad feeling that Hololive will buckle to the pressure and remove their youtube and foreign presence entirely. I know that's where they make like two thirds of their income, but I feel like japanese businesses try to avoid controversy even if it means sacrificing growth.

That's absolutely not going to happen come om

The sheer logistical nightmare alone makes this completely absurd

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

My "favorite" part about that announcement is that despite having a length of small essay, and constantly saying that what Coco did was heinous, that it hurt many people and that it will have consequences for Hololive as whole, they never once mention what Coco actually did, why it is supposed to be heinous, how and by what are all those people supposed to be hurt and the reason for possible consequences for Hololive. If I had not idea what this particular shitstorm is about, I would assume she ate a baby on stream or something.

if i gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed there would be some sort of intention, it would probably be hoping to catch unrelated people in the dragnet through sheer osmosis of outrage even if they had no idea what was going on just to try and get one last sick own on coco

but it's probably just general outrage incoherence

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

given that the entirety of their japanese business is done on youtube I'm not really sure why you would think this :psyduck:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

If Cover was interested in severing an enormous percentage of their revenue stream, what on earth makes you think they'd make the decision to sever the part that serves their home country? Youtube is the Japanese-facing side of the business.

This is like saying "The NBA is going to stop playing domestic games in the US to avoid controversy with China".

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

yeah no

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

trucutru posted:

Holy poo poo! that hololive moments manifesto is freaking long! It may as well be stimpire.txt but like gently caress I am going to read more than the opening paragraph to find out.

more like simp-ire dot txt

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I guess it would be more plausible if it was like 2007 or whenever it was when nicovideo reigned supreme

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I think only Sora uses niconico as a primary platform, all the other holos are based around youtube.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Patware posted:

what happened? amelia couldn't get her limbo stream to launch either

i think only gura has been spared technical nightmares

Kiara apparently had problems with video capturing from her Switch when streaming Fire Emblem. She tried again a few times but no dice. Probably a bad cable.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

can we pump the brakes on the super apocalyptic takes that make no sense

cover is more likely to drop bilibili than youtube and they're not very likely to do that either

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
I'm sorry I'm just frightened. Hololives are the first thing to make feel genuinely happy in a long time and I'm terrified of losing them. I'm literally building improbable scenarios in my head of how they will abandon me somehow because I have abandonment trauma.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I wont lie that I haven't been expanding my horizons of content lately out of general concern/disgust towards the state of how things are run in cover but this probably won't be the deathblow for hololive

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/BNRHHtooth/status/1310132053032144896

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
This is the first time i've seen the sub change in the red.

https://holo.poi.cat/youtube-channel

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

I'm sorry I'm just frightened. Hololives are the first thing to make feel genuinely happy in a long time and I'm terrified of losing them. I'm literally building improbable scenarios in my head of how they will abandon me somehow because I have abandonment trauma.

Even if the worst case scenario you're imagining happesn your favs likely won't vanish. Vtubers have existed in many forms and will exist again. In the worst case scenario where like Coco & Haachama get axed, you might see some other hololivers follow them (Like Kanata who Coco has been a great help to and they live together), but as long as Cover still operates there are plenty of vtubers in their roster who just go about their own business and would stick around. In the apocalypse scnerio where Cover like... folds or something, the entire roster will either fall back to previous lives or be reborn as new characters.

Honestly I think its like 60% chance the suspensions end and life goes on, 30% Coco gets axed (which would be stupid from Cover but whatever), and 10% both haachama and coco get axed. If either of the 40% options happen you could see a shift in the landscape.

Also if you like holoEN they don't simulstream to Billibilli like the HoloJPers so they will stick around.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
https://youtu.be/VUPIwHS3FoI

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

I get it but you should probably diversify a little bit because putting your faith in Cover is just asking for trouble. Find some people in other agencies you like, or indies, imo check out Noor and the rest of the Nijisanji EN crew

e: not that hololive is going anywhere

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 28, 2020

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

just watch vtubers. watch them all. let the serotonin drown you

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
i think coco being fired is like a 1% possibility at most. not that its really possible to play odds in this kind of situation but i really do not think it is even a somewhat likely possibility. shes one of their top talent, all their other talent clearly thinks shes reliable, shes only in this situation because she went out of her way to cover for someone else, and if they were going to fire her they would have been better off doing that to start with. im not saying its impossible but i have no idea why people think its got a decent chance of happening.

edit: and i realize '3 weeks' doesnt sound that long but to give you an idea, ruth bader ginsburg died only a week ago. Chadwick Boseman died exactly a month ago. I'm sure people will be stewing but I don't think this will immediately leap back up with the same intensity in October.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Sep 28, 2020

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Learn Japanese and join our legions of the damned in the gaping maw from which no hope escapes.

We have things like Monoe continuing her Obra Dinn playthrough right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXsXQSd_wjo

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Also someone mentioned the non-binary Melissa Kinrenka earlier, they're doing a no-archive singing stream in a few moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvUM_WVLpkY

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Sep 28, 2020

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
it feels extremely strange to see someone discover meinkraft in tyool 2020

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, señor!

Kanfy posted:

Also someone mentioned the non-binary Melissa Kinrenka earlier, they're doing a no-archive singing stream in a few moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvUM_WVLpkY

Melissa is nice.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/ninomaeinanis/status/1310371512310931457?s=20

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Tae posted:

I like how they dump a laundry list of infractions that Hololive has made on bilibili as justification that Coco needs to be punished more. Like what? Coco has to take the fall for all of Hololive's gently caress ups? That's not a good argument chief. Try to dress up your witch hunt all you want, but no one buys it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1310518927559065601?s=19