Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

carpet is disgusting enough to begin with, traipsing poo poo in from inside just takes it to a whole new level of gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

pentyne posted:

the shoes in the house always brings out the weirdest people who just can't understand the idea of not perpetuating yet another iteration of the same tedious loving derail from last week.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
There’s some shoes in this house

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Took in my little brother. It’s become a nightmare.

quote:

Long story short- I’m in my late 20’s and have been independent and successful enough to support myself since I’ve been 16.

At the beginning of the summer, I was placed in a difficult situation to which I made the choice to intervene. My half brother (19) was thrown out of the house by my Mother because he did nothing but play video games all day, never cleaned up, was blatantly disrespectful to my mother and did basically nothing but sleep all day and game all night.

My brother dropped out of high school at the beginning of the year- didn’t pursue a GED. He has no ID, DL, or plans to obtain these things.

When my mother threw my brother out- he called me and I bought him a train ticket to the city I live in so he could live with me. I was able to get him a job, and a nice place to stay. I’ve asked very little of him minus keeping my apartment clean and take care of my dog when I’m at work. (I work 24 hour shifts, sometimes 48 hour shifts).

Needless to say- he hasn’t done a very good job of it. My dog has had numerous accidents in my apartment (which never used to happen). I come home to dishes stacked in the sink, counters are filthy, pee on my toilet seat. And all he does is sit around and play video games when he’s not at work.

It’s become extremely frustrating. My apartment used to be my sanctuary- I always enjoyed getting off a crazy shift and being able to decompress at my place. I hardly stay the night there anymore and try to either stay at work or stay with someone I’ve been dating.

Because he doesn’t have any formal ID- he hasn’t been able to cash any checks. So I’ve been buying groceries and paying for everything for him.

Anytime I try to have a discussion about this with him- I try to keep an open mind and be cordial about it. I know I’m not his parent- it’s not my job.

However. Anytime I bring up something needs to change- he pulls the victim card and immediately threatens to just leave. He says he’s rather just be homeless and it truthfully hurts to hear him say that I want him to be successful and happy and go on to live a good life.

This year has been difficult for everyone. And this is adding to my stress. I’m not sure how to approach this situation and would really appreciate any sort of insight.

Thanks everyone. Seriously!

what to do what to do...

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

loving accursed forum won’t let me add an apostrophe in TYOOL 2020

But nonetheless, you done did it

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

well why not posted:

im reminded of the reddit post where the guy rattled off like thirty things his wife thought was gross (less than 2 showers per day, eating anything that wasn't super fresh) but would make out with him after he ate her rear end.

Probably why the food and showers stuff eh? The rear end eating that is. Like hey easy on the chili dogs and rye toast. :crossarms:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Miss posted:

If the kid can hold a job maybe he does just need to live in a micro apartment with 3 roommates.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

Miss posted:

so the job he has didn't require an ID but pays him with a check?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Dude if ppl are shoes off ppl that carpet better be plush and wall to wall and it better feel better than my socks and I best be able to put my raw feet on a velvet couch and there better be radiant floor heating in the bathroom just sayin.

The Russians wore socks

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Piell posted:

AITA for giving my kids unequal wedding gifts and honestly one gift sucked?

She made a quick update! She still hates the DIL, but realized her son shouldn't be punished for his wife, so she bought her son a super nice car

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Miserable Maid posted:

She made a quick update! She still hates the DIL, but realized her son shouldn't be punished for his wife, so she bought her son a super nice car

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Lol just slip on the family sandals. :v:

...is this weird? It's not like any of us had some horrible fungus, if you need to grab something from the garage workshop you just slip on whichever pair's around that fits. We're talking cheap flip-flops here, not big deal hiking sandals like Tevas or something.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for screaming at my husband it fu&% off

quote:

(throwaway because I have friends on my main account )

Alright I know I may sound like an rear end in a top hat but pleas hear Me out

My daughter has had a hard time at school one day she came home really sad and wasn't talking my husband decided to sing her "My sunshine" it's a song hr used to sing her as a baby and it always claimed her down and it did this time

Now one off the lines is "my only sunshine " and I felt bad he didn't include me I didn't mind when she was a baby because she was little but now that she's older I feel like he should include me in it

So I went away from the room and my husband got confused and when he approached Me I screamed at him to gently caress off I spoke to some friends and they said I'm a selfish rear end in a top hat I don't think I am

So reddit Aita?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

teen witch posted:

this

now this is art

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teen witch posted:

Everyone is the rear end in a top hat because no one in this story knows what this song is about

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

pleas hear Me out

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Barudak posted:

Everyone is the rear end in a top hat because no one in this story knows what this song is about

Is it like afternoon delight?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

mobby_6kl posted:

this is the refrain followed by one of the verses from the song:

Jimmie Davis and/or Charles Mitchel posted:

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

I'll always love you and make you happy
If you will only say the same
But if you leave me and love another
You'll regret it all some day
it's a song about a pining lover. that said, most people who sing it nowadays are unaware of anything other than the refrain, so it's a common song for children. obviously the father falls into that category and isn't thinking of his daughter as an object of romantic pursuit. the mother, for her part, just hates that the father would sing a song expressing a love that implicitly excludes her because she is deranged.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Thats more of a song for Woody Allen to sing his kids

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

teen witch posted:

:therapy:

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

teen witch posted:

loving accursed forum won’t let me add an apostrophe in TYOOL 2020

But nonetheless, you done did it

an actual apostrophe (') instead of the "smart" quotes might work

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for using an oppai mouse pad that was given to me?

In case anyone was curious

There's more than a page worth of the one character

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I wasn't, but thanks anyway.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
The only person I know in real life who has one of those boob mouse mats is a straight women.

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
When did 'tiddy' become a thing? I thought it was 'titties' or just 'tits' for that single syllable "oomph".

E: I guess for context I should clarify: one of those mouse pads has "Tiddy Mouse Pad" as its description.

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Bruceski posted:

...is this weird? It's not like any of us had some horrible fungus, if you need to grab something from the garage workshop you just slip on whichever pair's around that fits. We're talking cheap flip-flops here, not big deal hiking sandals like Tevas or something.

Lol just slip on the family gurglespurts pants. :shrek:

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

NecroBob posted:

When did 'tiddy' become a thing? I thought it was 'titties' or just 'tits' for that single syllable "oomph".

E: I guess for context I should clarify: one of those mouse pads has "Tiddy Mouse Pad" as its description.

Cuz of 'Big Tiddy Goth Girl', probably.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [20F] boyfriend [21M] of half a year revealed something about his past sex life and I can't get over it.

quote:

It's been going on for half a year ish and it's mostly been really good! But during pres a week ago, he revealed he used to eat his ex-girlfriend's [20-ishF] rear end all the time and I can't get over it. Maybe I'm too much of a germaphobe but I could never do that and I'm weirded out by kissing him now. He's always been respectful when I've said we'd never do any anal stuff and I like him for that but whenever we kiss I just think "that tongue was in someone's rear end".

It sounds weird but I just can't get over it! I don't want to tell him because I'm scared he'll laugh it off and tell his friends about this. Should I just break up with him? Because when we had sex after I learnt this it was crap compared to the past because I'm so weirded out by this.

tl;dr:My boyfriend used to eat rear end and I'm grossed out by it. I can't kiss him anymore without thinking of it and don't enjoy sex anymore. What should I do?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [20F] boyfriend [21M] of half a year revealed something about his past sex life and I can't get over it.

Imagine not being cool with a booty buffet in 2020

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
aw it's a lady Kevin Smith in 2020

it's like seeing a photograph from the past, all sepia-toned and poo poo

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Haha you guys are gross seriously that’s where poo comes out.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

All the skin cells from his mouth have been replaced since the last time he ate rear end

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for refusing to take in my biological child and sending him to foster care?

Apart from anything else....what poo poo hole do you live in where the only two pizzas are pepperoni and plain cheese? Get a chicken supreme or something god drat. Kind of wonder if this guy was specifically picking a fight not just bored of cheese.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Once a week classes loving sucked and I wonder if that professor used to have a different schedule or something.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I had never in my life met someone who kept their shoes on indoors, until I moved to America, specifically Florida. Every american I met wanted me to keep my filthy shoes on in their house, and most of them had wall to wall carpeting. Unbelievably gross.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

AITA for trying to talk my friends parents out of staging an intervention?

quote:

Ok, so, my (m23) friends (m24, f25) got married a couple years ago, and are now expecting twins. Obviously, this is great. Now, as a bit of background for my friends, they are both HUGE marvel fans- they can both quote all the movies off by heart, own a poo poo tone of toys and comics, and are both banks of Marvel trivia. Recently, they mentioned they were going to name their kids after Marvel characters- things like Steve, Tony, Natasha, Gwen etc. They're also thinking of buying some marvel themed baby clothes/chew toys. I personally think this is, at worst, slightly cringe, and don't have a problem with it.

My male friend's parents, however, aren't happy with this and are trying to talk him out of it. They say it's unfair to project their interests onto the child, and use it as part of their nerd identity. They say it's setting the kids up to be bullied, and that their son and his wife need to "grow up." I sort of see where they're coming from, but I think they're overhyping slightly. Obviously it would be different if they were thinking of calling their kids some of the more outlandish names like Gamora/Thanos/ Rocket, but all of the ones they suggested were names that you wouldn't assume were based on a Marvel comic unless you knew. They're just regular names that happen to have a special resonance for the parents. And like, maybe the clothes and chew toys are a little bit extra but it's not really anyones business but the parents as long as the child is safe and happy. Anyway, this has caused a bit of a rift with my friends parents- when they texted to say that they were thinking of "intervening", I told them I thought it was unnecessary for the reasons I mentioned above. They both blew up at me, said that I had no right to tell them how to raise their child (I thought this was a bit ironic), and that I wasn't a real friend for getting in their way. AITA? I will fully admit to being clueless wrt family relationships and childrearing so am wondering if my behaviour was out of line.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If its ok for the most popular name in America for a generation of women to come from an astoundingly terrible movie Gwen is good enough for these kids

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

NecroBob posted:

Maybe it escapes word filters that titty would be censored/delisted by?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Barudak posted:

If its ok for the most popular name in America for a generation of women to come from an astoundingly terrible movie Gwen is good enough for these kids

What name/movie? I’m sure I’m gonna be annoyed with myself when it turns out to be something incredibly obvious.