Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

JOHN CENA posted:

When it comes to some of our brightest patriotic Americans, few seem to shine brighter than Dead Cow! Our sources suspect though...that Shalashaska Hawke and Retro Futurist might be.....Canadian. We'll be more than happy to conduct an interview with them tomorrow!

absolute slander

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

JOHN CENA posted:

When it comes to some of our brightest patriotic Americans, few seem to shine brighter than Dead Cow! Our sources suspect though...that Shalashaska Hawke and Retro Futurist might be.....Canadian. We'll be more than happy to conduct an interview with them tomorrow!

I appreciate some reads finally

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Things seem to be moving very slowly rn, but I'm happy where Im at. Cheese is playing fairly loosely, and I think hes a solid choice.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Retro Futurist posted:

Not me but I agree on sandwolf [being scum]

Retro Futurist posted:

Gumball is probably still scum and you [Sandwolf] likely are too

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok Sandwolf is probably town

Retro Futurist posted:

I tried to target you with an unrelated power and failed, wasn’t sure if it was on you or on me but it sounds to me like you were jailed.

I don’t understand this change in opinion, and I don’t understand the basis for it. Am I being dumb, or are you clearing SW on the basis that you think he was blocked?

Because that sound like a bad reason to think he’s town, especially in light of there being no kill last night

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I would also still vote Dead Cow

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Those are my scum picks for today, I may have had a bit too much champagne and woken up grumpy, I will try to get my brain in gear in the next few hours

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Scientastic posted:

Because that sound like a bad reason to think he’s town, especially in light of there being no kill last night

oh yeah good point

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I find it unlikely that cheese sandwich is caught scum giving up on the game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I find it unlikely that cheese sandwich is caught scum giving up on the game.

Yeah maybe were cheese the only scum left but obviously that isn’t the case

Cheese has seemed fine to me when they are posting

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh? Elaborate please!

I feel like if someone visited Sandwolf, and he was scum, they'd probably say something.
If someone protected him, that would also explain why there was no NK (and I dont think scum would target one of their own).

I might be over simplifying this, of course, but this isn't a role madness game so I can't imagine anything too far different

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
The case on cheese has been around for a while with no refutation, and it also hasn’t had a big push.

I feel like if he were town, there would be some more activity to get him lunches. Instead it’s been stagnant, even with a few people articulating what issues they have seen.

I’m still all about it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Cloner of the Elks posted:

I feel like if someone visited Sandwolf, and he was scum, they'd probably say something.
If someone protected him, that would also explain why there was no NK (and I dont think scum would target one of their own).

I might be over simplifying this, of course, but this isn't a role madness game so I can't imagine anything too far different

Well this early you may not want to claim you visited him directly, just try to direct suspicion his way to protect your own role

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Trying to second guess the night actions is really bad, let's look at posting

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Dead Cow posted:

I don’t like these Amni callouts with no votes, seems like a hedge

Dead Cow posted:

I like this amni stuff even less, we have 4 candidates with 3 or more votes and you’re going to switch to a fifth one that now has 2? With 2 hours to deadline?

Dead Cow posted:

Bminus hasn’t put a vote down all day wtf

I’m not happy about voting Amni and I’d rather cheese

This is only for the greater good
The greater good

To prevent a no lunch

##vote Amnistar

I think Dead Cow knew Amni was town

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I am still not sold on SW or RF, but my reread has me more confident on Dead Cow, definitely

##Vote Dead Cow

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well this early you may not want to claim you visited him directly, just try to direct suspicion his way to protect your own role

Very true, yet there has been no real push on Sandwolf (other than me writing my own case notes, admittedly).
Surely if a cop or someone who can identify alignment visited him, they'd be pushing harder than this?

Doesn't stack up, I'm more inclined to think that in this scenario they probably found he was town or something.

Anyway, this is my reason for unvoting him

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Very true, yet there has been no real push on Sandwolf (other than me writing my own case notes, admittedly).
Surely if a cop or someone who can identify alignment visited him, they'd be pushing harder than this?

Doesn't stack up, I'm more inclined to think that in this scenario they probably found he was town or something.

Why are you assuming a cop visited Sandwolf?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Your reason for unvoting SW doesn't make sense

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Man this post is pinging me hard

I say we drop the night action chat it clearly isn’t going to get us anywhere especially this early in the game

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Retro Futurist posted:

Sandwolf, let’s say I was going to target you with an action last night and i got an unexpected result. Would that make sense to you? Hypothetically

Sandwolf posted:

Hm, maybe? I was visited last night, could that account for it? ‘Unexpected result’ is kind of vague though.

Sandwolf posted:

Umm, hm. Alright. I’m pretty sure whoever visited me is town, because they informed me of their visit. The flavor was me and this person (I don’t know who it is) debated all night. There’s more to it but I think this is the right amount of information to reveal.

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok Sandwolf is probably town

Sandwolf posted:

I’m a little confused by what RF just did, I don’t think he’s the one who debated me..

Retro Futurist posted:

I tried to target you with an unrelated power and failed, wasn’t sure if it was on you or on me but it sounds to me like you were jailed.

So firstly, nothing about SW or RF's claims sound like the person who visited SW was a cop, unless they were a cop RB/jailer combination role, where are you getting an alignment call from?

Secondly, I don't understand why RF claiming that SW was protected from RF's role clear SW as town. If we believe that there is some jailing mechanic that RF has received flavour for, why would we assume that this therefore makes SW town?

Read the conversation between RF and SW, it doesn't clear anyone...

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

b-minus1 posted:

I say we drop the night action chat it clearly isn’t going to get us anywhere especially this early in the game

I completely agree, but more than that, the night action chat doesn't make sense on its own terms, it's completely ridiculous

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Scientastic posted:

I completely agree, but more than that, the night action chat doesn't make sense on its own terms, it's completely ridiculous

Yeah that’s my thinking. I also assume Cloner isn’t really following the whole claim thing very well and not getting that we were saying SW was probably jailed but I doubt anything is coming of any of this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Scientastic posted:

I am still not sold on SW or RF, but my reread has me more confident on Dead Cow, definitely

##Vote Dead Cow

Yeah some weird posts by cow, like the part where she talks about a handful of us disagreeing with her and sort of waving it away with “well these people are better at mafia so whatever” which is strange for all sorts of reasons (like thinking I’m good at mafia)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sandnavyguy posted:

Things seem to be moving very slowly rn, but I'm happy where Im at. Cheese is playing fairly loosely, and I think hes a solid choice.

Can you elaborate somewhat here? I generally think of playing loosely as a town thing since you aren’t all concerned with appearances like you would be as scum. But maybe you mean it in some other sense like playing loosely with the facts and making stuff up which is scummier but I’d like to see that pointed out in their posting

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

This is a bad post, but it is a little outside of what I consider SNG’s ‘scum’ meta to be.

But he’s stating he is happy for things to slow role, he’s gonna keep his vote plopped in place without pushing for a lunch, and he’s not gonna post much more.

This feels like a scum check-in post.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I still think GG is a fine candidate for the lunch tho maybe at this point for lurking and less so for anything actually scummy but hey it’s been multiple irl days

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’d also vote cheese, steak, or DGK who seem to have totally absconded from the game

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I just got word, we are able to confirm that we will be conducting our interview with SHALASHASKA HAWKE tomorrow! Oh goody! The only question is, will it be softball or hardball? You'll have to tune in to find out!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Something about DC’s posting has been bothering me but I can’t quite pin down what it is.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

I just got word, we are able to confirm that we will be conducting our interview with SHALASHASKA HAWKE tomorrow! Oh goody! The only question is, will it be softball or hardball? You'll have to tune in to find out!

Ya but what about today Cena!!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Ya but what about today Cena!!

Our interview with Scientastic went delightfully. He was very good looking and enunciated well, and it looks like the questions we threw out at him were nice light fun softball ones. Clearly he's on the right side of history here.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I thought Sandwolf responded in a towny way to my asking, and I figure if it was a straight jail someone would have spoken up about it by now. But it's also out there now so we can keep it in mind for later.

Anyways let's get rid of cena

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Retro Futurist posted:

Anyways let's get rid of cena

Let's not

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Why?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I don’t want to

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Pretty sure the cop wouldn't say anything about who they visited unless it was to say they're scum, this early. Regardless, speculating is dumb.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Dead Cow posted:

The case on cheese has been around for a while with no refutation, and it also hasn’t had a big push.

I feel like if he were town, there would be some more activity to get him lunches. Instead it’s been stagnant, even with a few people articulating what issues they have seen.

I’m still all about it

Yup, I still feel pretty good about the case on him.

##vote Cheese

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Scientastic posted:

Trying to second guess the night actions is really bad, let's look at posting

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Scientastic posted:

##Vote Dead Cow

Are we reading the same game here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I’d also vote cheese, steak, or DGK who seem to have totally absconded from the game

Pardon me for enjoying my loving weekend