Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

If you aren't already listening to this; it isn't meant for you. This poo poo is for men who like beer, men who like to study history, and men who play Dungeons and Dragons. Oh yeah, and hot chicks. On this show they combine them..for reasons. This podcast has been my wet dream fuel for the dumpster fire year that is 2020.

If you really don't know about this podcast, I feel sorry for you. It's a group of Chads who create character sheets based off historical figures, ie Gengis Khan the beserker or John Wilkes Boothe the Rogue and they play out a historically accurate D&D3e campaign, results may vary! It's fun to speculate what MIGHT have actually played out in history had the dice rolled a little different.

Season one wrapped up not too long ago which was the revolutionary war. Highly recommended you just start there; they mostly drink Miller High Life in that season. They're currently mid campaign in season 2 on The Crusades rolling paladins and clerics doing PVP with some of the mods from Roll20 trying to defeat them as islamic wild mages.

Sound off below.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Been super excited for this show for a while, ever since i started regularly tuning into to Craig DeSnifto on twitch (check him out, he streams under the name HatSmasher). Aside from Craig, my other favorite host has got to be Scotty "Skid" Jensen. I love how even though he's an unabashed lover of busty sorcesses and tall steins of ale, he occasionally defies expectations and busts out a really smart reference (such as the Brundo Ascension story arc where he played the king of Brundo and said his name was King Jean Billeé, a reference to tennis player and feminist icon Billie Jean King.

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

little munchkin posted:

Been super excited for this show for a while, ever since i started regularly tuning into to Craig DeSnifto on twitch (check him out, he streams under the name HatSmasher). Aside from Craig, my other favorite host has got to be Scotty "Skid" Jensen. I love how even though he's an unabashed lover of busty sorcesses and tall steins of ale, he occasionally defies expectations and busts out a really smart reference (such as the Brundo Ascension story arc where he played the king of Brundo and said his name was King Jean Billeé, a reference to tennis player and feminist icon Billie Jean King.

Hattie HYPE!!!!!!!!! Lol, hell yeah. Brundo boys gets a shout out from me as well. You're on the DD&W discord yeah? Been saying someone should buy the Slut Stein emote here on SA lol. Did you see the character sheet the boys leaked for Winston Churchill lol? -4 roll for INT lmfao

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Last weeks Sproingcast was absolutely killer, I never wouldve guessed that Napoleon was an IPA guy haha. The Brundo stuff was godlike and I'm wondering if anyone knows about the plans to do some crossover with Chopslop Friendpod, bc I've seen them make some tiktoks which could be interpreted as overtures to saidsame.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
really funny podcast. i liked the campaign they did that was lewis and clark traveling west and they kept rolling to avoid getting owned by nature and getting critical failures. i dont know if lewis and clark really fell into the grand canyon but it was very lol when the engineer edited in the audio of homer falling into springfield gorge

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

saint anime posted:

Did you see the character sheet the boys leaked for Winston Churchill lol? -4 roll for INT lmfao

I legit spat hot coffee into my lap listing to Skid (as Winston), keep insisting that "pickles" was singular and the plural was actually "pickli".

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

scary ghost dog posted:

really funny podcast. i liked the campaign they did that was lewis and clark traveling west and they kept rolling to avoid getting owned by nature and getting critical failures. i dont know if lewis and clark really fell into the grand canyon but it was very lol when the engineer edited in the audio of homer falling into springfield gorge

lol that was so good. i actually have audio of Thom saying Accelsior! (sp?) in his Sacagawea voice as my text notification, poo poo is baller

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ol yeller posted:

lol that was so good. i actually have audio of Thom saying Accelsior! (sp?) in his Sacagawea voice as my text notification, poo poo is baller

Lol. Thinking about putting this screenshot from the After Hours Hangout as my desktop wallpaper.

The boys reaction, especially Slater's WHAT THE DEUCE, to the detect enchantment popping a chest with Anne Frank's diary grimoire in it was just..*italian kisses*

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

saint anime posted:

Lol. Thinking about putting this screenshot from the After Hours Hangout as my desktop wallpaper.

The boys reaction, especially Slater's WHAT THE DEUCE, to the detect enchantment popping a chest with Anne Frank's diary grimoire in it was just..*italian kisses*

i spit my coffee all over my keyboard lmfao. had to get all in there with the duster. good thing i take it black or the boys mightve ended up with another strongly worded beggars writ

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

oh gently caress yes... a dd&w thread finally :cheerdoge: campaign 1 was great but if you are on the fence you have got to hear campaign 2. i had to pause the podcast this weeks episode because i was laughing too hard at duncan saying "is this excalibur?" to every sword in the market and then jensen says "alright duncan... from now on every time you say is this excalibur you have to take a drink" and duncan takes out a 6 pack of miller right then and there

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Is there any way to downloda the patreon episodes for free? I'd sign up but things are a little tight at the moment haha :D

E: def will when i get next month's paycheck

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Cool,. someone else that knows about this. lolled when they had a drinking rule to yell "what's in the box??!?" Brad pitt style everytime you opened a chest or you have to take a shot.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I started listening to this recently but had to halfway through the campaign because Chadwick’s half orc, half Jewish character was way too on the nose. I’m sure the rest of the boys compensate though.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
gently caress, shouldn't have rushed in this thread out of excitement at seeing fellow DDaW goons before finishing the first season. Quite a few moments are ruined for me now. Guys, the spoiler tags are here for a reason :(

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I liked early episodes, but later on it became very apparent that a lot of the banter is scripted, and I suspect they are not even drunk for the most of it. You can literally google Hans's real name, and see that he had to attend AA meetings after a DUI, so if he still drinks, or the boys drink around him, it'd be kind of weird. Props to them for powering through tough times, of course. There are still some funny bits, but it kind of ruined it for me. The magic is just not there anymore.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Episode 6 is missing on their player, I think Thorn deleted it in a drunken rage because of that joke about his mom and the illithid

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

CountryMatters posted:

Episode 6 is missing on their player, I think Thorn deleted it in a drunken rage because of that joke about his mom and the illithid

check your pms, its there

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Paladinus posted:

I liked early episodes, but later on it became very apparent that a lot of the banter is scripted, and I suspect they are not even drunk for the most of it. You can literally google Hans's real name, and see that he had to attend AA meetings after a DUI, so if he still drinks, or the boys drink around him, it'd be kind of weird. Props to them for powering through tough times, of course. There are still some funny bits, but it kind of ruined it for me. The magic is just not there anymore.

this is tucking bullshit dude. the wagon lads dont script anything, and yeah hans drinks dealcoholized beers but hes the exception. nothing is scripted. thom is just that good at improv and napoleons theatre degree speaks for itself. they debunked this so many times on the patreon too.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

pog boyfriend posted:

this is tucking bullshit dude. the wagon lads dont script anything, and yeah hans drinks dealcoholized beers but hes the exception. nothing is scripted. thom is just that good at improv and napoleons theatre degree speaks for itself. they debunked this so many times on the patreon too.

its embarrassing that hes even talking about it, probably just trying to troll.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Paladinus posted:

you dont know what the gently caress youre talking about rear end in a top hat. watch the video episodes.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Look, it's still fine to enjoy it. There are much worse D&D podcasts, like, I'm not even going to touch 4.20 Edition and whatever the hell is happening on their twitter account. Hell, I still check out new DDaW fanart once in a while, it's cool. But if they were transparent, they wouldn't have removed the original video where they address the issue. It's as simple as that. Also, no amount of education can prepare you to 'improv' a three paragraph-long word for word quote from The Halfling's Gem with some names changed. It was funny as hell in context, but it was 100% scripted.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Feeling so proud of this community right now.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
i think it's telling (in a good way) whenever DeSnifto slips up and uses a slur, there's almost always an apology on twitter within hours

they don't even try to pull the whole "it's historically accurate, Abe Lincoln would have called them that in real life" non-excuse. shows respect for their audience.

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

Stay off the loving DD&W reddit, dipshit. It's rotted your loving peanut brain.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Look, it's still fine to enjoy it. There are much worse D&D podcasts, like, I'm not even going to touch 4.20 Edition and whatever the hell is happening on their twitter account. Hell, I still check out new DDaW fanart once in a while, it's cool. But if they were transparent, they wouldn't have removed the original video where they address the issue. It's as simple as that. Also, no amount of education can prepare you to 'improv' a three paragraph-long word for word quote from The Halfling's Gem with some names changed. It was funny as hell in context, but it was 100% scripted.

you and the rest of your bullshit reddit clique can gently caress off with these bad faith arguments. wade got kicked off the pod for a reason no matter how much you want him back and pretend his metoo never happened. stop spreading this garbage here too. the show is better without him, and maybe if you just listened to the behind the scenes episodes on patreon you would appreciate how much work jensen and desnifto put into every episode and just be normal for fucks sakes.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The whole drunken d'warv'e Robespierre poo poo had me in stitches and might be the single time an n word was justified on a podcast, cause it kept the class warfare element in perspective.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i'm getting really excited just thinking about this podcast after reading this thread. i'm gonna binge the whole thing tomorrow at work

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

barnold posted:

i'm getting really excited just thinking about this podcast after reading this thread. i'm gonna binge the whole thing tomorrow at work

I might need to add this to the OP, but it is indeed NSFW

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ArfJason posted:

The whole drunken d'warv'e Robespierre poo poo had me in stitches and might be the single time an n word was justified on a podcast, cause it kept the class warfare element in perspective.

wait single time? I guess you're not fully caught up yet lol, that's all I'll say

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

The one shot they did delving into the HH Holmes dungeon was one of funniest yet most twisted things I've ever listened to. Quint's Hugh Hefner Holmes riff was so messed up but hilarious! How do they come up with this stuff?!

saint anime
Jul 28, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Flying Zamboni posted:

The one shot they did delving into the HH Holmes dungeon was one of funniest yet most twisted things I've ever listened to. Quint's Hugh Hefner Holmes riff was so messed up but hilarious! How do they come up with this stuff?!

This never happened. gently caress off. Maybe you're looking for the cumtown podcast thread, normie.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

saint anime posted:

Stay off the loving DD&W reddit, dipshit. It's rotted your loving peanut brain.

pog boyfriend posted:

you and the rest of your bullshit reddit clique can gently caress off with these bad faith arguments. wade got kicked off the pod for a reason no matter how much you want him back and pretend his metoo never happened. stop spreading this garbage here too. the show is better without him, and maybe if you just listened to the behind the scenes episodes on patreon you would appreciate how much work jensen and desnifto put into every episode and just be normal for fucks sakes.

I couldn't care less about Wade! I personally know someone who had a friend who attended the same convention with him, and let's just say, I won't shake his hand if I ever meet him. However, that stupid patreon/reddit war is also super toxic. Yeah, I get it, you support creators, awesome, they are still not your friends, there's no need to get so defensive of them. To quote Jensen as Elf Caligula, I hate to have a horse in this fight.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

glad I quit the discord well before it got taken down for coordinating a bomb threat. why are the fans of this podcast so awful?

edit: and yes the idea of faking a bomb threat to the holocaust memorial museum that is a reference to a really good bit is really funny, but tortoiselicious took it way too far.

miniscule12 fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Sep 29, 2020

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
i appreciate that Anna can just jump in and riff with the boys without making a big weird "ooh a girl playing d&d" gatekeeping thing, and that she's as raunchy as the rest of them. i don't think Pocahontas would have farted so much irl, lol

edit: spelling ..

Bonaventure fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 29, 2020

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

holy poo poo guys, spoilers for todays episode(campaign 2, episode 67, 3:24:44 if you want to listen along)

desnifto: as you walk through the town, the sun setting overhead and the din of the crowd coming to a quiet simmer, you encounter a broken window at the ye olde shoppe.
slater: WHAT THE DEUCE?
thom: i bet it was the caliphs goons. those guys are really something awful.

they loving know about our thread guys :staredog:

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
lol okay I suspected Skid posted here for a while but now it’s a pretty hard confirm that one or more of the boys is a goony goon

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
certified banger of an episode.

e: just scrolled up and holy moley

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The Wright brothers dying was totally unexpected, but it'll probably mess things up in future campaigns in an interesting way. Them getting an attack of Opportunity while falling was a brilliant move by the DM. They woulda survived the fall damage if they didn't beat the poo poo out of each other all the way down. lol

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
Getting started with my fan novelization of the first season. No creativity liberties taken, no corners cut, every single in-game conversation faithfully rendered, no self aware "tee hee" bullcrap either, the characters and even the narrator are taking the events in with the severity they heckin deserve. Basically, it will be DDaW ready to be consumed when you don't have any audio players nearby, and all for the price of a cuppa Joe's :cheers:
If anyone ITT could help spread the word, I'd be thankful. Temporarily (hopefully) banned from the discord and subreddit at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Fucker posted:

Getting started with my fan novelization of the first season. No creativity liberties taken, no corners cut, every single in-game conversation faithfully rendered, no self aware "tee hee" bullcrap either, the characters and even the narrator are taking the events in with the severity they heckin deserve. Basically, it will be DDaW ready to be consumed when you don't have any audio players nearby, and all for the price of a cuppa Joe's :cheers:
If anyone ITT could help spread the word, I'd be thankful. Temporarily (hopefully) banned from the discord and subreddit at the moment.

gently caress the reddit, those guys are fake fans spreading toxicity and negativity in our community. ill talk to nux about getting you unbanned from the discord but the reddit would just whine about how wade shouldnt have left and his pro sl*very "jokes" were "funny" and you shouldnt even bother with those chuds.|

E: lmao, turns out you got autobanned because botsnifto saw your name was "SA_Fucker" which tripped the wordfilter. just change your discord name and youre already unbanned :cheerdoge:

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 29, 2020