Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Sickening posted:

Do both jobs and make twice the money.

Former coworker is doing this with the job after we worked together. She already has a new job and is double dipping until she has some debt paid off then giving the old one the boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

I'm in post interview limbo with a school district and it's the worst.

"We'll reach out to you by Monday". The Monday they were referring to was last Monday.

Not stressing about it now though, busy studying for Sec+ to get it on my next batch of applications.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

The Fool posted:

Second interview done. I feel like it went well. Was told at the end that they would reach out in 2-3 days with the next steps. Which would be either rejection or an offer.

When this process started I was planning on giving my current job an opportunity to counter-offer, but now I don't think I will. Assuming that the new place comes in with an offer in the compensation area that I'm looking for, I'm just going to take it.
Never take the counter-offer.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Oh boy, love it when Microsoft's auth infrastructure goes down.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Internet Explorer posted:

Well that explains a lot.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Who here uses KnowBe4 and (if you are willing to share) what do your notification templates look like?

My boss keeps kicking back all the test notification emails to me saying "we can't use this it looks like phishing" but isn't offering any suggestions on how to fix them, just things we cannot do like implement SPF/DKIM for them, or have it sent from an @knowbe4 email.
My last template was just text with no images or links instructing the recipient that they have to complete training before the deadline and how to log in to see their training. :confused:

It's a very "I'll know what I want when I see it" approach and it's starting to get on my nerves because he "expects it to be set up the way he wants" while offering absolutely no suggestion as to what it is that he actually wants.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 28, 2020

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Thanatosian posted:

I'm familiar with the adage.

My company has been stringing me along with a title change/raise and I was originally planning on using this to get some leverage to get that done.

But I've since decided that I don't really want to work here anymore and am ready to leave sooner rather than later.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

It's really loving up my day because everything we have goes through it. Putting all your eggs in one basket ftw.

The Dreamer
Oct 15, 2013

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Woof Blitzer posted:

It's really loving up my day because everything we have goes through it. Putting all your eggs in one basket ftw.

Same here. Going to have a lot of annoyed bankers who can't access their docs in Sharepoint.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Oh yeah, we're all in. And even 3rd party stuff uses Azure AD for SSO.

Also, every time Microsoft has an outage I laugh about how they have their status pages on their infrastructure, generally behind their auth platform. Really great idea guys. Maybe they'll figure out some day.

https://twitter.com/MSFT365Status/status/1310696819135901696

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The word around me is on fire right now.

The outage is even affecting the ability for O365 services to pass to ADFS

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

lol my team is freaking out about communicating if we lose Teams

hey guess what, we have each others phone numbers, start a text group

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Oh yeah, we're all in. And even 3rd party stuff uses Azure AD for SSO.

Also, every time Microsoft has an outage I laugh about how they have their status pages on their infrastructure, generally behind their auth platform. Really great idea guys. Maybe they'll figure out some day.

https://twitter.com/MSFT365Status/status/1310696819135901696

I mean there is still https://status.office365.com/ but yeah I always go to check the health on our status page when I can't get into o365 and then of course get an error and feel like an idiot. Kinda like when you KNOW you lock your keys in the car but try every handle anyway.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Who here uses KnowBe4 and (if you are willing to share) what do your notification templates look like?

My boss keeps kicking back all the test notification emails to me saying "we can't use this it looks like phishing" but isn't offering any suggestions on how to fix them, just things we cannot do like implement SPF/DKIM for them, or have it sent from an @knowbe4 email.
My last template was just text with no images or links instructing the recipient that they have to complete training before the deadline and how to log in to see their training. :confused:

It's a very "I'll know what I want when I see it" approach and it's starting to get on my nerves because he "expects it to be set up the way he wants" while offering absolutely no suggestion as to what it is that he actually wants.

You can’t engineer your way around a person problem.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I mean there is still https://status.office365.com/ but yeah I always go to check the health on our status page when I can't get into o365 and then of course get an error and feel like an idiot. Kinda like when you KNOW you lock your keys in the car but try every handle anyway.

For the first 30 minutes that page showed no issues.

Yeah, then click on "View your Microsoft 365 Service health."

Checking the Microsoft accounts on Twitter is generally quicker, or searching for #Azure #O365 or a tag like that. Twitter: 2020's status page for the world

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Cloud outages are like snow days for adults, embrace the .1% unavailability

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

The Iron Rose posted:

You can’t engineer your way around a person problem.

But isn't that kind of the whole point of KnowBe4 in the first place?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lmao this Azure AD outage is amazing

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Super Soaker Party! posted:

And then report back how well it works, because there are many of us who would like to know. Well, me. I would like to know. But probably others.

I can tell you with a lot of confidence that it works. It feels scummy at times though and I could see some people not liking that aspect. but only in the sense that you are removing an open job from the market that a jobless person might have , not for the companies themselves, gently caress them.

Some tips.

1. Pick one job as the priority. It comes first no matter what.
2. Use your sick days to get around when jobs have events that conflict with each other and there is no way to move them.
3. Don't friend your second job on linkedin. Actually stop updating your linkedin at all or disable it. If either of your jobs have employee "spotlights" open to the public on linkedin or anywhere else, its probably not a good idea. You dont want your "welcome to the company" be archived on the internet somewhere.
4. Don't have people you know outside of work at the second job. Don't trust anyone you know with this information at all outside of spouse. Loose lips sinks ships. Someone WILL gently caress it up for you eventually if its open knowledge.
5. Its better for your second job to be easier or require less meetings in general.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Woof Blitzer posted:

This is one of my favorite instances of programming good ideas that end up being ops bad ideas.

Used to work at a place that used a custom agent on each server to handle monitoring data and run rpc calls for attempting to manage service config and state.

Works ok until someone uses the agent to update itself, except a bug wasn't caught that causes a crash loop, and now an entire region of machines have no management interface and are all alarming because the management interface is also the monitoring agent.

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006
[Insert good English here]

No lie, I applied an authentication change right when the tweet went out. Whole time I thought I did something catastrophic.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I am pouring one out for all those that thought they got fired when their outlook started prompting for a password.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Sickening posted:

I am pouring one out for all those that thought they got fired when their outlook started prompting for a password.

It's usually the VPN client that gets me, but yeah. This.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

quote:

We've identified a recent change that appears to be the source of the issue. We're rolling back the change to mitigate impact.

:thumbsup:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

100% an intern pushed a bad config

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

100% an intern pushed a bad config

Who would win?

100s of Millions of dollars of redundant, globe-spanning Infrastructure

One Curly Bracket

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

rm -rf

EDIT: :lol:

quote:

Current status: Rolling back the previously described change did not resolve the incident as expected. We're evaluating additional options to remediate the problem.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 29, 2020

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
Edit ^^^

quote:

Current status: We've identified that reverting the recent change did not alleviate impact to Microsoft services as expected. We're working to explore additional options for mitigation.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
OT money here I come wooooo

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Did this fail all logins or could you still use cached credentials?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
"The cloud will save us"

The Dreamer
Oct 15, 2013

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Gabriel S. posted:

Did this fail all logins or could you still use cached credentials?

As long as you were logged in you can still use the service. I've gotten kicked out of a few after a while though. I assume a session cookie expired or something similar.

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Thanatosian posted:

Trust this advice.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Lol, an application in app service I manage is down and I can’t log in to anything to check on it

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

12 rats tied together posted:

This is one of my favorite instances of programming good ideas that end up being ops bad ideas.

Used to work at a place that used a custom agent on each server to handle monitoring data and run rpc calls for attempting to manage service config and state.

Works ok until someone uses the agent to update itself, except a bug wasn't caught that causes a crash loop, and now an entire region of machines have no management interface and are all alarming because the management interface is also the monitoring agent.

this owns

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

The Fool posted:

Lol, an application in app service I manage is down and I can’t log in to anything to check on it

What was your options? Having the app in gsuite and aws as well?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

quote:

Current status: We’ve determined that a specific portion of our infrastructure is not processing authentication requests in a timely manner. We’re pursuing mitigation steps for this issue. In parallel, we’re rerouting traffic to alternate systems to provide further relief to the affected users.

Just got a flood of email on my phone, so things are looking up.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Woof Blitzer posted:

OT money here I come wooooo

wait hold the gently caress on how do i get in on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

MrKatharsis posted: