Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I guess we know why he wants a second term so bad now

e: gently caress you brad parscale hahaha gently caress off dude I hope you die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pick posted:

The Supreme Court needs a case they can't just rule stuff

Yes, that's the concern; that the Trump campaign will declare a victory that is illegitimate in the eyes of the people and that the SCOTUS will uphold it in court when a case is inevitably created.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Stefan Prodan posted:

I'm sorry to say but those two examples are not the same, kirk/jerk is a rhyme whereas, you are correct, action/jackson is not
drat. i was focusing on the vowels. my bad, thank you.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

ASenileAnimal posted:

dude we have combination pizza hut and taco bells how does that surprise you

I love those. could go for a personal pan pizza and some nachos atm

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Vogler posted:

USA has loving McDonalds in hospitals? Hahaha die already

There's a hospital near me that has a guy in a tuxedo playing a grand piano in the main lobby.

I said come in! posted:

What worries me is, how likely is Trump going to be able to convince the electoral college officials to side with him and ignore the popular vote? Biden getting the popular vote for a state does not mean he wins the electoral college for that state, electoral college officials at least in some states, are not legally obligated to follow the popular vote for how they vote.

If Biden wins Arizona, Wisconsin, and it's looking like Georgia is even in play, it won't matter.

karma_coma posted:

I guess we know why he wants a second term so bad now

It's because the statute of limitations on his NY crimes will let him off scot-free if he's president for another 4 years. If he loses, there's a very good chance he lands in prison.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

:yeah:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

There's a hospital near me that has a guy in a tuxedo playing a grand piano in the main lobby.

If Biden wins Arizona, Wisconsin, and it's looking like Georgia is even in play, it won't matter.

It's because the statute of limitations on his NY crimes will let him off scot-free if he's president for another 4 years. If he loses, there's a very good chance he lands in prison.

Do you think Georgia is more or less likely than Florida? I'm really hoping the dong goes Blue this time.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
I actually remember where I was when I first heard what the electoral college was. I was in 3rd grade social studies class and after the teacher finished explaining how it worked I asked what stopped states from just voting however they wanted. Her response was that is silly and would never happen because of checks and balances. Bitch was wrong lol.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Chief McHeath posted:

We have McDonalds in hospitals, can't you see we're trying?

You're not trying hard enough until you have hospitals in McDonalds.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lol there is 0 chance the us will ever lock up a former president

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I've got a good system for the states to conduct the election safely in the time of Covid. On the morning of Election Day, each state will choose a random letter of the alphabet. Anyone who tries to vote in person will be turned away unless their last name starts with that special letter.

Absentee and early ballots all count though.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

What worries me is, how likely is Trump going to be able to convince the electoral college officials to side with him and ignore the popular vote? Biden getting the popular vote for a state does not mean he wins the electoral college for that state, electoral college officials at least in some states, are not legally obligated to follow the popular vote for how they vote.

The majority of states have laws that enforce this. One dude last election tried to vote for someone else, went to the Supreme Court and they basically said sorry dude, you gotta vote how your state tells you. So precident is set.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Jose posted:

He likes being the subject of unprecedented things, so let's let him be the first former president to die in prison.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
"Everyone in Pennsylvania who has a last name that starts with X, it's your time to shine!"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
trump's going to retire to some far away country that will give him anything he wants for he rest of his life in exchange for "consulting".

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

NY is about to pass a law that limitations are paused during any Presidential term. He's not getting off scot-free unless he flees to Russia. Even then he'd probably be too big of liability and no use, so he'd end up with a polonium happy meal.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
I quit, Pence pardon, "We need to move forward" is uttered by Joe Biden

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Philthy posted:

he'd end up with a polonium happy meal.

:pray:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

InsertPotPun posted:

trump's going to retire to some far away country that will give him anything he wants for he rest of his life in exchange for "consulting".

Hmm, maybe it's a good thing that he doesn't pay attention to his intelligence briefings.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dude's got that trapezoid mouth like the doll-fucker

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
It's been 3.75 years since Donald J Prump was elected and there are those among us that would argue that precedent of any kind matters anymore? Lol try stating that nice and loud for officer pig gently caress as he's pressing his boots down on your throat at the polling station cause you didn't have a maga hat on. Rules don't matter if those that write and enforce them don't have to obey.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Holy poo poo. He does.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Batterypowered7 posted:

Do you think Georgia is more or less likely than Florida? I'm really hoping the dong goes Blue this time.

FL will go red, I'm absolutely sure of it. Biden has a 1-2% polling lead right now, but it's less than the lead that the democratic governor and senate candidates had the week before the 2018 midterm, and both lost. The polls were off by about 4%. I live in suburban FL on the east coast and it's always leaned conservative (like 60/40), but it's never felt as lopsided as it does this year. I see flags, signs, stickers, and hats for our wet american president everywhere and almost nothing for Biden. The urban areas will vote for Biden, but I don't think it will be enough to counterbalance the suburbs. And that's assuming the governor, a man who ran a TV ad of himself reading The Art of the Deal to his toddler, doesn't gently caress around with the results (which he will if it's close).

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Help I’m looking for that picture of trumb at his golf course looking like a pudding-brained fossil. I think he was in sweat pants but I’m not too worried about getting other lovely pics of the big wet boy.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Didn't all the olds die in Florida tho. How many are gunna shuffle to the polls for big piss daddy for one last vote before they die on their own phlegm lungs.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Philthy posted:

Holy poo poo. He does.

That's the exact pic I was thinking of :lmao:

E:

Am I saying this is irrefutable evidence Charlie Kirk fucks dolls? Yes, I am.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

That is one ugly motherfucker

If Sloth from The Goonies grew a beard.

SLOTH. LOVE. TRUMP!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Batterypowered7 posted:

I watch the polls like a hawk. Biden has polled anywhere from 2 to 8 points ahead of Trump in Florida. It's pretty much neck and neck in Georgia. Florida is so goddamn unpredictable though that I would put both states at a 50/50 coin flip. Unfortunately Purdue is polling 6 points ahead of Ossoff and I don't see Georgia doing split ticket voting, so if I had to put money on it I'd say Georgia goes to Trump but the fact that it's even a question is pretty pathetic for Trump.

Keep in mind I am pretty confident Trump is going to win Arizona (and PA and WI).

Bad Purchase posted:

FL will go red, I'm absolutely sure of it. Biden has a 1-2% polling lead right now, but it's less than the lead that the democratic governor and senate candidates had the week before the 2018 midterm, and both lost. The polls were off by about 4%. I live in suburban FL on the east coast and it's always leaned conservative (like 60/40), but it's never felt as lopsided as it does this year. I see flags, signs, stickers, and hats for our wet american president everywhere and almost nothing for Biden. The urban areas will vote for Biden, but I don't think it will be enough to counterbalance the suburbs. And that's assuming the governor, a man who ran a TV ad of himself reading The Art of the Deal to his toddler, doesn't gently caress around with the results (which he will if it's close).

For what it's worth, I live in a super liberal part of a super liberal state and my neighborhood has 3 Trump signs and 0 Biden signs. My neighborhood is not going for Trump.

Philthy posted:

NY is about to pass a law that limitations are paused during any Presidential term.

lol really? I hadn't heard that. It's retroactive, too?

Jose posted:

The US won't, but the NY AG will.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Philthy posted:

Didn't all the olds die in Florida tho. How many are gunna shuffle to the polls for big piss daddy for one last vote before they die on their own phlegm lungs.

Olds are actually up for Biden. It's 45-65 where he loses ground.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

Think Bloomberg's gambit will change anything by election day?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

If you're "socially liberal but fiscally conservative" (ie a dummy that wants to appear smart) why would Trump (and the whole rest of the Republican party) ever appeal to you

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Biden would 100 percent win Florida if the legislature hadn't imposed a poll tax against the will of the people.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I would say this map is a worst case scenario for Biden, and he still wins

Keep in mind I made this map believing Arizona and possibly NC will go blue. And Georgia, FL and NC are coin-flips. There's a very real possibility Biden gets 368 or more EVs.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 29, 2020

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

If you're "socially liberal but fiscally conservative" (ie a dummy that wants to appear smart) why would Trump (and the whole rest of the Republican party) ever appeal to you

'cause the fiscal (fewer taxes for me me me!!!) is more important to them than the social, and Republicans [in theory, but not in practice] align more with that.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

You Are A Elf posted:

If Sloth from The Goonies grew a beard.

SLOTH. LOVE. TRUMP!

Oh poo poo that's it, SLOTH!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Batterypowered7 posted:

Think Bloomberg's gambit will change anything by election day?

His money sure didn't do jack poo poo for him in the Dem primary.

All he's going to do is make sure the same dumb commercial airs twice in a row every time you fire up a YouTube video or during every ad break on Hulu/Peacock/whatever streaming services have ads.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Keep in mind I made this map believing Arizona and possibly NC will go blue. And Georgia, FL and SC are coin-flips. There's a very real possibility Biden gets 368 or more EVs.

Lol

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Keep in mind I made this map believing Arizona and possibly NC will go blue. And Georgia, FL and SC are coin-flips. There's a very real possibility Biden gets 368 or more EVs.

quoting so i can reference this in my suicide note in november

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

LabyaMynora posted:

His money sure didn't do jack poo poo for him in the Dem primary.

All he's going to do is make sure the same dumb commercial airs twice in a row every time you fire up a YouTube video or during every ad break on Hulu/Peacock/whatever streaming services have ads.

I meant the effort to pay off fines for felons that have finished the terms of their sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/1309292056502767618?s=20