Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7uT3iT7BxA

technically these are saga games but they were released as ff legend in the west

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

My recollection is that FF9 has a lot less Final Fantasy BS than some of the other games, i.e. it's pretty amenable to playing without a guide. Other than the Excalibur II (attainable only in speed runs), is there much missable content in the game?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

VikingofRock posted:

My recollection is that FF9 has a lot less Final Fantasy BS than some of the other games, i.e. it's pretty amenable to playing without a guide. Other than the Excalibur II (attainable only in speed runs), is there much missable content in the game?

other people have talked about it already, but stealing from bosses is both broken and leans on the 8/256 stuff, so it's actually anathema to hopeless completionist players, but as synthy says, it's actually a p. straightforward game if you're just trying to beat it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

If you've plugged your controller into port 2, beware! It won't work! Put it in port 1 instead.

Lol @ this and the following posts. RIP the days where the first three pages of an instruction manual would be clinical diagrams of your playstation.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

other people have talked about it already, but stealing from bosses is both broken and leans on the 8/256 stuff, so it's actually anathema to hopeless completionist players, but as synthy says, it's actually a p. straightforward game if you're just trying to beat it.
It's also not that long so you can play it again if you want to check out stuff you missed.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Man FFIX must feel like a loving breeze with the fast forward button in the remaster. It's a very short game that feels incredibly long thanks to load times and how slow battles are.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

VikingofRock posted:

I think u can miss out on finding daguerro since it’s not part of the main story but thats less ff bullshit and more cool extra thing

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
FFIX had a sidequest that wasn't discovered until 13 years after it came out (or at least no one had written about it):

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-28-final-fantasy-9-sidequest-discovered-after-13-years

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ff9 is some wild, two hours in and i'm finding a factory that makes black mages lol

is this from a different team than 7 8 and 10?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Yes IIRC IX started life out as a side game that got put into the mainline series because they were working on X for the PS2 at the time.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

getting my rear end kicked by a book

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Caius fight in Lightning Returns was hard as gently caress. I was NOT expecting that! He killed me twice, and I've completed 90% of all the sidequests I've come across. I was fighting reavers no problem minutes before facing him and he still pwned me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's the most powerful FF villain in history, so it makes sense.

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
The Ciaus fight is where i stopped, could of backed out and went another route but I was just too annoyed at the thought of loosing the entire day even though i was way ahead.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Faded Memories in 5.3 has to be the coolest quest I've ever experienced.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
idk where to post this but @elfbutt the KH rhythm game has a demo available now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

idk where to post this but @elfbutt the KH rhythm game has a demo available now.

thank you

for some reason it wont let queue the download from the website so ill have to brave the store on the actual ps4, october really is spooky

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

elf help book posted:

thank you

for some reason it wont let queue the download from the website so ill have to brave the store on the actual ps4, october really is spooky

i got an email the other day that theyre changing the way downloads work from the website but i didnt read it so it might be related to that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

they're getting rid of ps3/vita/psp games on the webstore and redesigning it all ahead of the PS5 launch so it's probably gonna be up and down for a bit.

also they're getting rid of the wishlist function lol. Thank You Sony.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

they're getting rid of ps3/vita/psp games on the webstore and redesigning it all ahead of the PS5 launch so it's probably gonna be up and down for a bit.

also they're getting rid of the wishlist function lol. Thank You Sony.

i just started to actually use the wishlist last month lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Now I bet you wish you hadn't.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

is revenant wings bad

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

it's really easy and pretty slow at parts, but I loved it when it came out.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I finished all the main story quests in Lightning Returns, now I have to wait for the final day to actually beat it. There's 6 days left lol, idk what I'm gonna do to pass that time. 100% do not worry about the time constraints in LR

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

getting my mind blown after finding out that FFX is going to be two decades old in a few months

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Plutonis posted:

getting my mind blown after finding out that FFX is going to be two decades old in a few months

how could you. HOW COULD YOU?!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Plutonis posted:

is this what it feels like to get old

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

[Mark Hoppus voice] I guess this is growing up.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The PS2 released 20 years ago today. God drat.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Pablo Nergigante posted:

[Mark Hoppus voice] I guess this is growing up.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tidus and Yuna are in their late 30s now. Tidus says he can quit drinking any time and tells his son, Jecht, that he'll never be as good of a blitzball player and calls him a crybaby wuss.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Tidus and Yuna are in their late 30s now. Tidus says he can quit drinking any time and tells his son, Jecht, that he'll never be as good of a blitzball player and calls him a crybaby wuss.

According to the weird audio drama from the HD collection, Tidus and Yuna broke up like a year later and Sin comes back lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

According to the weird audio drama from the HD collection, Tidus and Yuna broke up like a year later and Sin comes back lol

No no no, that is NOT TRUE

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also tidus gets killed by an explosive blitzball and his head ends up in yuna's lap

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

getting imagined into existence by your girlfriend and then getting dumped...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jecht was right to call his son a loser all the time

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

you either die young enough to be a tidus or you live long enough to become a Jecht

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

holy poo poo