Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9bkiMkXCfg
  • Zelina Vega gets another shot at Asuka's Raw Women's Championship after losing absolutely 100% clean at the PPV last night.
  • Big Show, Christian, HBK and Ric Flair will open the show with WWE Champion Drew McIntyre tonight to celebrate Drew's win over Randy Orton in an Ambulance match.
  • Jerry Lawler will interview Rey Mysterio's family about their tensions last week in the wake of a terrible, terrible Seth Rollins segment.
  • Kevin Owens faces Aleister Black AGAIN in a singles match. No word on if Black has a horrific eye injury again this week or not.
  • Locusts of Dissent and contracted WWE Superstars Retribution will not be on the show tonight because they are not medically cleared (i.e they were in contact with somebody with COVID, the global pandemic that WWE still refuses to mention by name).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Jerusalem posted:

[*] Big Show, Christian, HBK and Ric Flair will open the show with WWE Champion Drew McIntyre tonight to celebrate Drew's win over Randy Orton in an Ambulance match.

i'll never understand "babyface needs the help of a half dozen guys to win, everyone cheers because they interfered."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

shiksa posted:

i'll never understand "babyface needs the help of a half dozen guys to win, everyone cheers because they interfered."

Well I mean I guess it makes a nice change from,"Babyfaces are losers without friends, heels have lots of buddies who look out for and support each other."

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Show looks a hundred years old

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I didn't see Clash of Champions but did Big Show seriously sneak up on Orton and pull down his mask so he'd know who the giant attacking him was?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

hbk sounds weirdly like triple h from 2003.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I didn't see Clash of Champions but did Big Show seriously sneak up on Orton and pull down his mask so he'd know who the giant attacking him was?

IIRC they did a camera wheeling around and Big Show was there (I don't even remember a mask) and then he grabbed Orton and chokeslammed him. Then he disappeared.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Uhhh maybe don't say fans should attack Orton on the street....

Edit: Oh God it's going to be a Hell in a Cell match.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why are they still going on with this feud

Just stop

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Pylons posted:

IIRC they did a camera wheeling around and Big Show was there (I don't even remember a mask) and then he grabbed Orton and chokeslammed him. Then he disappeared.

he had one of those neck gaiters

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Why are they still going on with this feud

Just stop

Triple H: What are the fans gonna do, stop watching in record numbers? :lol:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like that Asuka just doesn't care and gets in everyone's face.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

• Big Show, Christian, HBK and Ric Flair will open the show with WWE Champion Drew McIntyre tonight to celebrate Drew's win over Randy Orton in an Ambulance match.

what loving year is it????

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

what loving year is it????

Vince: Is it 1997!?! :woop:

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
where the gently caress is slapjack

e: slapjack win the open challenge

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

this is the longest commercial break in history

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Vince: Is it 1997!?! :woop:

To be fair, 1997 was a lot better in a lot of ways from what today is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

To be fair, 1997 was a lot better in a lot of ways from what today is.

1997 was arguably the best year in North American wrestling history, and possibly world wrestling history, absolutely.

What's sad is, to steal a line from Dave Meltzer, that WWE is running off the fumes of that year to this day.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You guys think Asuka can beat the woman she beat clean as a sheet last night in the exact same match?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Big fan of the WWE special: Giving away a match people payed for the night before on live TV the next night

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I've never understood the point of a RAW rematch of a championship match from the night before

If the champ wins, it feels pointless. If the champ loses, then the PPV match feels pointless

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The "excuse" is that Zelina attacked Asuka postmatch so there needs to be a rematch which... well it makes less than zero sense, somehow.

Edit: Oh what a shock, the exact same result as last night.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Because even at their best WWE is just going through the motions. They don't want to end feuds because then they have to think of new feuds but then they have to think of ways to keep the old feud going and uuuuuugh just have 'em loving wrestle each other again. This is what happens when you have a professional wrestling company owned and run by a man who hates professional wrestling so much he can't even bring himself to say the phrase 'professional wrestling'.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 29, 2020

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Do people like Drew Mcintyre?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ChrisBTY posted:

Because even at their best WWE is just going through the motions. They don't want to end feuds because then they have to think of new feuds but then they have to think of ways to keep the old feud going and uuuuuugh just have 'em loving wrestle each other again.

I just don't understand that they have a huge roster and it's always the same people facing the same people every week.

Dragonshirt posted:

Yeah, Drew is fantastic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dragonshirt posted:

I think Drew is great, and it sucks he finally gets his big run during a global pandemic and no crowds.

Edit: Andrade you've lost like 15 matches in the last 2 weeks.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I might've understand two words Andrade has said so far so uhhh maybe shouldn't have broke him up with that manager

e: Keith's gear just gets worse and worse

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Keith Lee vs. Andrade would have been awesome in NXT.

I get the feeling this match won't last long.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
keith lee is a big jabroni

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Will Keith Lee win this match by DQ when Randy Orton runs in?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jerusalem posted:

I think Drew is great, and it sucks he finally gets his big run during a global pandemic and no crowds.

Edit: Andrade you've lost like 15 matches in the last 2 weeks.

Nobody is supposed to remember any part of last week that isn't explicitly mentioned in this week's episode, far less any other weeks. If you need to remember it, we'll remember it for you wholesale.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I turned on RAW randomly and hey... Keith Lee vs La Sombra isn't gonna make me turn the TV off.

But its good to see they broke up one of the acts I was enjoying last time I watched. I'm sure they'll all be better off solo.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1310740650006949888?s=21

That tucked in singlet too makes Lee loo so much fatter than being shirtless where you can tell he’s got more of a strongman body

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ChrisBTY posted:

we'll remember it for you wholesale.

They should make that into a movie!

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
Jesus Christ who did Keith piss off to get that gear

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

lol just give him those proposed revival outfits

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
Keith "Waylon Mercy" Lee

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
See Dave was right! He was eaten by a shark!

On further review Bryan was right!

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Im more vested into the 24/7 championship storyline than anything else on RAW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, when people said Tozawa had ninjas I didn't realize they were REALLY ninjas. That's hella racist.