Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The Fool posted:

is fantasy garbage allowed here or is it only for space nerds

i am re-reading the raven tower right now and it is very good

the thread title is dune, which is at least as much fantasy as sci-fi

so idk, how's your wizard hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

infernal machines posted:

the thread title is dune, which is at least as much fantasy as sci-fi

so idk, how's your wizard hat?

it’s like the one Dresden wears on the book covers, but never in the books

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

The Fool posted:

is fantasy garbage allowed here or is it only for space nerds

yeah it's cool, you can even post about fantasy non-garbage if you want

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

reblogged this list of full movies on YouTube; I'm sure most of them are terrible schlock but if you want an impromptu Best of the Worst evening they should suffice

https://nmpositive.tumblr.com/post/630456963924393984/free-sludge-on-youtube-new-list-for-2020

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A. Tchaikovsky's Children of Time is a quid for today, worth a read even at a non-bargain price

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SN93AHU

Other Amazon stores may or may not have this offer

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

one time some christian guy asked me what a tramp stamp was, and that's what obi wan is like

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Jonny 290 posted:

i cannot think of one character in the 90s movies that i actually have any affection for but i guess i might grumble and say obi wan? like he's an enormous anal retentive nerd that quotes jedi glossaries all day but yeah i guess he's one of the least bad roles

ewan mcgregor seems like one of the few actors in the prequels that had fun

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i watched the last two episodes of lovecraft country and it's...boring! i really want to like it, but i don't think they have any idea what direction they're going. i think having a dozen executive producers may have something to do with it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
also i'm pretty sure a big part of my attachment to stars wars comes from having gay crushes on all the male leads before i realized how gay i am

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Improbable Lobster posted:

ewan mcgregor seems like one of the few actors in the prequels that had fun
he’s right in the sweet spot between at least one other actor who is obviously slumming it or is incredibly underused, and another who is obviously going to be remembered for his terrible performance. making fliff with nothing to prove :cool:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

also i'm pretty sure a big part of my attachment to stars wars comes from having gay crushes on all the male leads before i realized how gay i am

chewbacca has a 14" dog dic k

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

going to start ep 8 of raised by wolves tonight. the show is solid and my wife is back on board.

i just realized last night that father’s actor is bayek from asscreed origins, lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Uptime Sinclair posted:

going to start ep 8 of raised by wolves tonight. the show is solid and my wife is back on board.

i just realized last night that father’s actor is bayek from asscreed origins, lol

ep 8 is where it starts getting weird imo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

fart simpson posted:

ep 8 is where it starts getting weird imo
based on ep 7 i can definitely see things going this way lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

yeah star wars rules

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

im kind of all over the place these days but here's the latest stack

note that media from that island nation off the coast of china is not included here

Of these thirty films I have watched precisely /checks notes one :o:

ps for the Cyberpunk thread I did not know there was a Nemesis 5 until earlier today :o:

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
17776 is getting a sequel "What's the future of college football?" or 20020. It looks like this installment will be focusing on a single "game," but one with absolutely bonkers rules that I can't wait to see the direction Jon Bois takes it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Roosevelt posted:

i watched the last two episodes of lovecraft country and it's...boring! i really want to like it, but i don't think they have any idea what direction they're going. i think having a dozen executive producers may have something to do with it

I'm still pretty early on, kinda fallen behind for various reasons, but I think the best part about it is some period-piece sets they did were really cool. Rest of it? yeah it's just alright. good production values, not bad, but it's also overhyped as a lot of ~prestige tv~ tends to be.

also gently caress the sound editting holy loving poo poo, put the loving vocals on a louder stream and normalize the effects a bit more aaaaaaaaaa

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
so was Tenet any good? I haven't heard anyone talking about it anywhere

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

indigi posted:

basically the only comment I read about it was "pretty good"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

indigi posted:

it's nolan, so i'm going to go out on a limb and suggest "not nearly as good as everyone was saying it would be"

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Of these thirty films I have watched precisely /checks notes one :o:

same, but only because i just watched enola holmes a couple days ago

(it was alright, not great. felt like they had a lot of ideas for the mother that they ripped out, and mycroft is a stock stodgy-unclever-old-brother character, and enola was a little disappointing on several fronts)

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

indigi posted:

i heard it was to die for

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah star wars rules

darth vaper

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

infernal machines posted:

it's nolan, so i'm going to go out on a limb and suggest "not nearly as good as everyone was saying it would be"

yeah idk if any of his movies have lived up to the hype for me with the possible exception of Dark Knight and even that I have a bunch of problems with. mainly I liked it mostly because of Heath Ledger if I'm being honest

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

indigi posted:

I liked it. I thought kenneth branagh wasnt really menacing enough and the sort of not twist but.... Idk justification that he was dying of pancreatic cancer so didn't care and was gonna take the whole world with him 'because if I can't have it no one can' was stupid. but the set pieces were undeniably cool to watch and pattinson was very good

i did come out feeling like I needed to draw a diagram though.

Also I got fined £65 for driving down a controlled zone that didn't used to be there on my way back from the cinema and I'm blaming Nolan for that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wait, the bad guy from Wild Wild West is in this? now I'm excited

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Also I got fined £65 for driving down a controlled zone that didn't used to be there on my way back from the cinema and I'm blaming Nolan for that

fuckin hell. I'll tweet the gofundme link

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Christopher 'NO LANE'

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

indigi posted:

yeah idk if any of his movies have lived up to the hype for me with the possible exception of Dark Knight and even that I have a bunch of problems with. mainly I liked it mostly because of Heath Ledger if I'm being honest
i liked memento and prestige but i saw them in theater when he was just a n00b

everything after that? yeah pretty much. i was on vacation when Inception came out and everyone was hyping it up and finally saw it months later and i was like... really? it was awful and the action wasn't even very good.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol this would deeply offend christopher nolan's libertarian rear end

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

indigi posted:

gently caress I forgot he was in that. God drat now I'm going to have "wiki wiki wah" in my head

indigi posted:

fuckin hell. I'll tweet the gofundme link

reduced from £130 for prompt payment! bastards installed a whole load of cameras to "deter people with sat navs from rat running" but i used to goddam live there and was taking an old shortcut

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
dunkirk was very good

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

indigi posted:

and in the third act? giant fuckin spider

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
giant fuckin robot spider

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

indigi posted:

i liked it alright. ill probably mostly forget about it and never see it again tho.,

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

tenet was ultimately a simple secret agent has to stop the bad guy destroying the world story, but obfuscated with time travel and a nonstandard narrative structure. it had some cool visuals

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

is it "set in the world of Inception" or was that just a rumor I heard

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

if it is i didn’t notice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

fart simpson posted:

tenet was ultimately a simple secret agent has to stop the bad guy destroying the world story, but obfuscated with time travel and a nonstandard narrative structure. it had some cool visuals
this is verbatim what i was expecting from this. just another inception.