Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

No don't buy them. You won't be able to stop stuffing nuts in your mouth. It becomes a problem.

Or at least buy two bags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Octoberfest beer is in! :woop:

Tonight I drink like a Bavarian king! PBUC

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Lord do I ever miss Bubba kegs and their long red beer dick.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Oh snap.

How long do those kegs stay carbonated, once the seal is broken?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Mini kegs own

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Anyone try the Meat District burgers yet? I picked up a highly recommended pack, but its 100 loving degrees out again and I don't want to go stand in front of the grill.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

GORDON posted:

Oh snap.

How long do those kegs stay carbonated, once the seal is broken?

Maybe someone else can answer. I honestly don't know. I've always finished them by the 2nd day.

This time I drank the whole goddamn thing in one day. I now have the hangover of Bavarian kings.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Thinkin bout those dogs

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

FogHelmut posted:

Anyone try the Meat District burgers yet? I picked up a highly recommended pack, but its 100 loving degrees out again and I don't want to go stand in front of the grill.

I bought them but haven't made them yet either.
Perhaps lunch tomorrow.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Renegret posted:

Thinkin bout those dogs

Just don’t think about raising the price of dem dogs

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Not sure if this goes in this thread or the home buying thread, but has anyone had any experience with the Costco mortgage program? Is it just a shopping comparison so there quality of the mortgage would just be headed on the company you select from their comparisons?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Found some use for the box of those A-sha instant noodles I bought. I hate eating them on their own because its such a huge sodium kick with the flavor oil so I ended up cooking the noodles and mixing in a simple coconut fish curry for future meals. The noodles take on the flavor of the sauce really well and hold up shockingly well after reheating in the microwave.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Been waiting all weekend for the new deals. Gonna swing by and pick up some of those sweet ceramic pans for to cook eggs with on.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

FilthyImp posted:

Been waiting all weekend for the new deals. Gonna swing by and pick up some of those sweet ceramic pans for to cook eggs with on.

The reviews of those pans are pretty terrible. I don't know if it's just stupid people using them or the pans are at fault.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

FogHelmut posted:

I was underwhelmed.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I just got a set of carbon steel pans and after seasoning and using them a coupe tines, they're non stick as poo poo.

I got a non stick wok at the co and the coating chipped off in under a month.

I'd recommend either a cheap rear end non stick you replace yearly or get some cast/carbon pans.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

PageMaster posted:

Not sure if this goes in this thread or the home buying thread, but has anyone had any experience with the Costco mortgage program? Is it just a shopping comparison so there quality of the mortgage would just be headed on the company you select from their comparisons?

Yup.

Did a refi a few years ago, and the Costco site was my first stop. I filled out the online form, hit submit, and my phone rang in about 30 seconds with a mortgage company.

I ended up using them, and saved a few hundred in financing fees.

Maybe worth it? But if you know someone who works in bank who will grease the wheels that's probably fine too.

I like the pretend that as a costco customer, backed by the costco brand, maybe the mortgage company will be a little more wary of loving you over as to not get on costco's bad side.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

PageMaster posted:

I’ve used it twice. Once for an initial mortgage and then again recently to refi. The big advantage is that they cap the fees that the lender can charge and you also get a little peace of mind that if Costco is offering their service they are likely not poo poo.

FWIW I had two quotes out, one with Mutual of Omaha via Costco and one with Chase. Chase told me they had a huge back log, wouldn’t be closing soon, and they couldn’t come close to Costco’s/MOO’s cost.

Re: pans

I have a full set of all-clad and never use the skillets. Cast and carbon all day every day. I botched the seasoning on my carbon skillet and need to redo it.

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Sep 30, 2020

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Gravitee posted:

I was underwhelmed.

Yeah I ended up cooking them in a pan inside. I had read that they needed additional seasoning, but even with that I was not blown away. Certainly not any better than the Kirkland brand grass fed burgers.

The recommendation came from someone whose husband overcooks burgers, and she had them at someone else's house - so that may be the difference right there.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Hambulance posted:

The reviews of those pans are pretty terrible. I don't know if it's just stupid people using them or the pans are at fault.

I've had that set for 6 months or so and they seem good to me. I don't keep non-stick pans past 2 years or so, and they certainly seem like they'll hold up at least that long.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

dunno if this is obvious or not but do NOT use metal utensils with non-stick cookware. plastic and wood only. i've gotten a lot of life out of all my non-stick stuff this way

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ceramic pans are awful. Terrible heat distribution, and their a new fad so half the ones coming out are even more trash than they normally would be.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Best nonstick pan I have is an Analon pan that I only use mostly for eggs/omelettes. Been almost a year and still super nonstick.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
never spend more than 30 dollars on a nonstick pan, buy a new one every two years

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Cast iron all day every day baby, you just try to scratch it.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

The Walrus posted:

never spend more than 30 dollars on a nonstick pan, buy a new one every two years

At Costco $30 gets you two pans!

I got a different set of Ceramic pans at Costco and I do like them a lot. The directions said handwash for best results, don't use spray oils, use liquid oil, metal is OK but bot preferred. I use silicone tools on them. I cook with them regularly for over a year and they're still going strong.

I like my cast iron pan too, the lighter pans allow me to flip and toss and not worry about my glass top stove or tendonitis. When these wear out I'll try some carbon steel pans, I'm not in any hurry.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

StormDrain posted:

At Costco $30 gets you two pans!

I got a different set of Ceramic pans at Costco and I do like them a lot. The directions said handwash for best results, don't use spray oils, use liquid oil, metal is OK but bot preferred. I use silicone tools on them. I cook with them regularly for over a year and they're still going strong.

I've just straight up given up trying to tell my roommate that non-stick pans do not belong in the dishwasher, but sure enough, every time I can't find the one I need, that's where it is.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
Who posted about the super inexpensive cat trees/condos? I've checked their website and they're drastically more expensive than Amazon, Chewy and even PetCo. Do ya have a direct link?

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
https://www.amazon.com/Calphalon-Piece-Classic-Nonstick-Grey/dp/B01APP1X2I/

I've bought this set twice. Sure they're non-stick and all that, but the handles are the best part: well balanced, feel good, and are all metal. Oven safe to 450, though I'd never go that high myself. I have a glass lid from an old Costco pan that fits the 12" perfectly.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
every pan is non-stick if you use enough BUTTAH

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

Who posted about the super inexpensive cat trees/condos? I've checked their website and they're drastically more expensive than Amazon, Chewy and even PetCo. Do ya have a direct link?

That was me. I just checked the website and those are all different from the one I bought in-store for $75. The in-store ones are >6' and much sturdier than these ones online.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

I'll plug this cat tree again: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078HB646M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's better than anything I've seen at Costco

Plus the dog likes sleeping on the bottom part so it's more of a mixed-use animal tree

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I've been using the same non-stick pan for eggs for about 10 years and it's still great.

Don't overheat the pan and you're fine.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

gently caress Amazon and guillotine Jeff Bezos imo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

gently caress Amazon and guillotine Jeff Bezos imo

agreed but i need my cheap offbrand chinese made electronics

im sure the people a Xcioming Mfg Co. LTD located at 42364782467aFDAJv Block 2, 5th Floor, Shenzen City are really nice

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Renegret posted:

Thinkin bout those dogs

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chinatown posted:

agreed but i need my cheap offbrand chinese made electronics

im sure the people a Xcioming Mfg Co. LTD located at 42364782467aFDAJv Block 2, 5th Floor, Shenzen City are really nice

My dude, just buy it from Aliexpress then. You'll save at least $5 per order, minimum.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

I've just straight up given up trying to tell my roommate that non-stick pans do not belong in the dishwasher, but sure enough, every time I can't find the one I need, that's where it is.

I've taken to hiding kitchen equipment from my partner for this reason. I love him, but non-stick and his ADHD do not mix.

Luckily Costco multipacks mean he can have a decoy pan to destroy and I can have eggs in the morning!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Manuel Calavera posted:

My dude, just buy it from Aliexpress then. You'll save at least $5 per order, minimum.

i want it to arrive this year tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

pacerhimself posted:

I've been using the same non-stick pan for eggs for about 10 years and it's still great.

Don't overheat the pan and you're fine.

Yeah what the hell is wrong with half this thread? Do you use belt-sanders to scrub your pans?

I've had the same non-stick All-clad LTD fry and saute pans for more than 11 years; they are just now starting to fail, and they belonged to my parents before we got them. Don't use metal utensils, don't use green scotch-brite, and don't overheat them. They last a long time.

That said, I tend to use other things instead of non-stick these days, but holy hell the idea of just replacing the pans every year because they are failing means you are treating them like poo poo (or they were poo poo pans to begin with).

ROJO fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 30, 2020