Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I can fastroll if I don't have a second weapon equipped or if I remove my pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:same:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

In the last five years the only single player games I’ve played for longer than fifteen minutes were terraria and subnautica

games are more fun with pals

satisfactory rules but it would rule hard with mate

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i do not need people seeing how shamefully bad at games i am

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

jesus WEP posted:

i think if you get to the point where you have a functioning base and you're still bored you probably won't suddenly love it after that

getting the big sub is such a game changer

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

getting the big sub is such a game changer

yeah, but it’s not actually a foot long i found out. :mad:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the best way i can describe wandering around with the big sub in subnautica and casually decorating it or building a deep sea base is that it was very hygge

that feeling you have when its disgusting outside but youre very cozy and safe and warm in your house, snuggled up reading a book or binge watching a show. youre in your sub, wandering the sea in search of stuff, safe and protected from the inhospitable world outside your viewports

UNTIL A GIGANTIC SEAMONSTER GRABS YOUR SUB AND WONT LET GO HOLY gently caress I'M GOING TO DIE 10KM UNDER THE SEA NO NO NO NOOOOOOO

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
yeah, that part of subnautica was particularly good

i really wish it had more to it, but maybe the below zero 'sequel' will flesh it out. still, beautiful game with a unique feel to survival and an actual goddamn story that was pretty cool to piece together.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i played some of below zero and it's really pretty. maybe more than the first one.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The swarms of electric eyeball jellyfish are beautiful and spooky

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
also when the Aurora has a meltdown is quite the scene

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4lz8MN6MQA

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

playing medic in tf2

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/747221792199802931/760653522349588480/video0.mp4

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

stealing this ty

god doom's soundtrack loving slapped

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah shame mick gordon flamed out and now it’s over :/

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe posted:

just one more day til spelunky 2

folks, it's good

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

In the last five years the only single player games I’ve played for longer than fifteen minutes were terraria and subnautica

games are more fun with pals

the last time i had fun with multiplayer was in college with dedicated campus-only counterstrike and q3 servers. coordinating strategy with your roommate in cs when one of you is dead and the other is the last opposing force in the game was fun as hell, although not quite as much as fun winding down a day and then getting together with the other people playing at a local bar or weekend party (hey, so and so is having a house party, everyone come on over).

idgaf about playing with randos on the internet, it just isn't the same

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The_Franz posted:

the last time i had fun with multiplayer was in college with dedicated campus-only counterstrike and q3 servers. coordinating strategy with your roommate in cs when one of you is dead and the other is the last opposing force in the game was fun as hell, although not quite as much as fun winding down a day and then getting together with the other people playing at a local bar or weekend party (hey, so and so is having a house party, everyone come on over).

yeah playing with pubbies and some goons sucks rear end

I still play overwatch because me and five other pals like to log in and get frustrated online

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cat Face Joe posted:

folks, it's good

im stupidly bad at it

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
tried out touhou luna nights. is a fun metroidvania with cool mechanics and good music. i dont know who any of these anime maids are or why chupacabras are attacking me but any game that lets me stop time and throw a dozen chainsaws at people is ok in my book

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
also tried out hypnospace outlaw and its like im back in 1999 reading geocities pages again :allears:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Kuvo posted:

also tried out hypnospace outlaw and its like im back in 1999 reading geocities pages again :allears:

that was a really good game. would have been my GOTY if not for outer wilds, and outer wilds would have been my GOTY if not for disco elysium.

there is also https://neocities.org/

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kuvo posted:

tried out touhou luna nights. is a fun metroidvania with cool mechanics and good music. i dont know who any of these anime maids are or why chupacabras are attacking me but any game that lets me stop time and throw a dozen chainsaws at people is ok in my book

the main character in that is like dio from jojo. that wont make any sense lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

man I really hope disco elysium comes to switch. I wanna play it handheld

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Achmed Jones posted:

man I really hope disco elysium comes to switch. I wanna play it handheld

they said they're working on it. i dont think there's a date yet but end of the year or q1 2021 seems likely

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

gently caress yeah! thanks for the info!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

o gently caress im signing up right now!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

If you ever bought just the base Elite Dangerous to see what it was like but didn't want to pay for the Horizons update with planetary landings etc; Horizons will be free to all Elite owners on Oct27th. Smart move to unify the playerbase and ending cordoning off a big chunk of gameplay (even if some previous purchasers are being whiny little fucks)

Worth having a reinstall next month.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

NoneMoreNegative posted:

If you ever bought just the base Elite Dangerous to see what it was like but didn't want to pay for the Horizons update with planetary landings etc; Horizons will be free to all Elite owners on Oct27th. Smart move to unify the playerbase and ending cordoning off a big chunk of gameplay (even if some previous purchasers are being whiny little fucks)

Worth having a reinstall next month.

when i have good internet again i wanna fly spaceships some more

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Kuvo posted:

but any game that lets me stop time and throw a dozen chainsaws at people is ok in my book

inside tip

pcp lets you do this irl.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

elite in VR is so fantastic.

I’m space truckin hell yeah

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
will always be sad that elite for ps4 doesn't support psvr, but nms is an acceptable substitute

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

The_Franz posted:

this was me except for a bit of cs, diablo 2 and soldier of fortune 2 back in 2001-2002

this is probably why i never got into mmo anything and have now accepted that i cannot. it’s never going to be as fun as playing dorm-wide and seeing the people you’re playing against regularly

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

the new NMS update is especially cool in VR. they took the terrain variation knob and cranked it to 11.

I’m currently on a planet that is almost completely sheer mountains that are thousands of feet tall (I’m guessing). nothing but huge steep mountains.

it’s sort of garbage weather and resource wise but I’m definitely plopping a base and teleporter down because it is insanely fun to do canyon runs at full speed in your ship dodging mountains and rolling all over.

VR rules. This new NMS update also rules

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the new volcanic planet type is amazing, ash and fire and calderas that actually erupt

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

haveblue posted:

will always be sad that elite for ps4 doesn't support psvr, but nms is an acceptable substitute

elite in VR is easily one of the best VR experiences but it sucks sometimes trying to type in the name of a system you want to search for. guess you cant do that on the ps4, either, though

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

i wind up bookmarking everything I’m even remotely interested in but that only kind of solves the problem

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

elite in VR is easily one of the best VR experiences but it sucks sometimes trying to type in the name of a system you want to search for. guess you cant do that on the ps4, either, though

you can, but you have to use the system text input popup with the controller. which now that I think about it would actually work better in vr than using a physical keyboard

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i decided to roll a new character in new vegas via psnow and not be a hoarder monster like i always am in these things. it’s fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i played through nv trying to do 100% of combat in vats, it was pretty fun. all intelligence all agility all luck