Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Barry Bluejeans posted:

finally, a nyla match! who's she faci -

:saddowns:

Who used their monkey paw wish on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Like, Luther was still struggling at spots, but he was able to execute everything he was supposed to, except for being in the right spot to stop the interruption that was supposed to come at the end, and the camera easily worked around that. Tagging with Serpentico is a huge part of what's letting him look good, but he's also just putting out better stuff than before. I'll be glad to see Chaos Project rule on Dark and eventually job hard to the tag champs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rache shoot killing camera eight

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I will say that her new gear helps sell Raches gimmick better.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
the key to getting a good match out of rache is to have her do as little as possible

oh hey a rache chanel match wasn't even the worst match on a card! that's smtg

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Rache actually looked pretty good in that squash, she has good strikes

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wow ... Chanel was ... not bad in that match

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

BEEF MAN AND BEEF SON

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Eever Uno?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

How is she soooooooooooo good at this?

https://twitter.com/annajay___/status/1311097909509844993?s=20

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
allie's being quarantined maybe?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Anna got me cause I half expected her to actually recruit red velvet as part of a dark order expansion into the women's division.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

God, I hate that second rope spot Colt does

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Silver is so tny compared to everyone else in the ring. His jump there didn't cover half of Dustin

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

QT ditching the apple made him instantly more credible.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Those splashes were awful

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
never not mark for dustin powerslams

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

What the gently caress was that move?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Better than Orton's

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
drat that hour and a half just breezed by

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Why did the best wrestler in the match eat the pin

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Not a bad Dark. No bangers but generally enjoyable throughout.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

xbilkis posted:

Why did the best wrestler in the match eat the pin

They like Colt for some reason

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OP updated with the card and the show for convenience sake

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Ricky Starks has incredible pants

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Astounding that Tay Conti is the same person who looked absolutely lost in NXT. Amazing results when you let someone lean in to who they are and what they’re good at.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

No Veda :(

Spears on commentary wearing his own gear. Sure.

1) Ray Rosas and Ryzin vs SCU. classic SCU configuration. 4 guys who know each other well, this could be fun. Some really nice chain wrestling to start. Put Ryzin in the Chaos Project, I bet he could point at his head and stick out his tongue if you need him to. Spears is a wet turd on commentary. Rosas is pretty good fun in this match. Short match that didn’t really become its own thing because of Spears on the desk.

John Silver and Uno promo time. Intriguing.

Ricky Starks out on commentary. Hopefully this will be better.

2) Alex Gracia vs Penelope Ford. Alex Gracia certainly has a look. Start of the match is competent but a bit artificial. Penelope has developed very well as a heel. Was that lungblower new? I don't think I'd seen her do it before. Good performance from Penelope but really nothing at all from Alex.

3) M'Badu and Bshp King vs Best Friends. Strong look from King and M'Badu. Was Taz trying to recruit Sue? M'Badu has some serious power on him. So does Bshp. Some serious Big Lad Wrestling here. Best Friends are upping the aggression here. I like it. Jesus, that corner splash from M'Badu. Pool was empty but that's a formidable sight. Best Friends are managing to win decisively without making their opponents look weak. This was a good little match.

Brandon promo. Not a great promo but glad the story is continuing.

4) 5 and 10 vs Jurassic Express. Edward Norton Antivirus is now canon. Nice athletic start. Slightly sloppy belly to belly. Nice stuff between Jungle Boy and 5. Christ, these two are great. Loving the emerging tag team coordination between 5 and 10. Luchasaurus cleaning house is great. We already knew how good 5 was, but 10 has really impressed since returning from injury. Very decent match.

Snakem'n and Pointm'n promo. Ludicrous but fun.

5) Gunn Club vs Shawn Dean and Cezar Bononi. That's a really small moustache, Cezar. Like the new Gunn Club music. Respect to Austin for wearing an Animal shirt. Shawn Dean starting, he's probably the best hand of the enhancement guys. Bononi has a good physique and some great character work. Not sure I see much more than that yet. He's got a passable Big Man moveset but his stuff doesn't connect very well. I continue to not care at all about either Gunn. I have to confess, I'm enjoying Cezar Bononi in this match. Not a great match, but I like Deanoni as a team.

Nightmare Family group promo. Very classic WCW group promo.

6) Red Velvet vs Tay Conti. New gear for Red. She looks great. New gear for Tay too I think. There's Anna Jay in the crowd, right after Brandi told us she wasn't here. Hot start to this match. Lots of quick grappling and reversals, really giving Tay chances to show her skills. If they can sell Conti as the legit grappler she is, I think she could be a major player. Red Velvet continues to impress. JESUS, those elbow strikes from Tay were great. And then Kawada kicks to Velvet's head. drat, Tay looked GREAT here. And then Anna Jay destroys Red Velvet. And then Brandi out. Are we setting up a tag match here? I liked everything about this match and segment.

7) Griff Garrison and Brian Pillman Jr vs THE CHAOS PROJECT OF SNAKEM'N AND POINTM'N FEATURING JAPANESE DEATHMATCH LEGEND LUTHER. Fun chaotic opening with streamers everywhere. Luther is getting better. He'll never be great, but undercard garbage tags are great for him. This night has heated up. Some innovative stuff from Serpentico and Luther here. This was fun.

8) Nyla Rose vs Rache Chanel. One of AEW's best versus arguably AEW's worst. Chanel's gear is nicer tonight, I guess. And her new haircut suits her better. I like that Nyla is picking up Japanese ring jacket gimmicks. OK, Chanel is... not terrible here? That corner kick was no joke. Light work for Nyla, though.

9) John Silver and Colt Cabana vs Natural Nightmares. Start off with Old Dustin and Old Colt. Lots of fun back and forth to start. The height difference between Dustin and Silver is hilarious. They sell the Cabana conflict well. This is a decent competitive match and I'm glad to see Silver holding his own here. Nicely done miscommunication. Perfectly adequate story match.

This show started kind of rough, but the last four matches were all fun, and the Tay / Velvet match was genuinely very good.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Lutha Bros need to come up with a move to match the name Snake Rattle and Roll

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Marmaduke! posted:

Lutha Bros need to come up with a move to match the name Snake Rattle and Roll

Serpentico does a Chaos Theory rolling suplex into a Luther leg drop?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Since nobody mentioned it, Bshp took some beautiful arm drags. I'm ok with a Spears/Sky feud, I like both in the ring. I have to admire Billy's insistence on pushing his son(s) til he makes it, but it's not working very well. That Ford/Gracia match wasn't very good. I guess Ford isn't yet good enough to call a match. The match opened with her waiting to catch a dive Alex wasn't prepared to do. Highlight of the night was definitely Jay/Velvet. Jay looks great, Velvet looks very good, it furthered an interesting story, and yes it would have been very funny and not out of character if Brandi had thumped Velvet as well.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Tay's facial expressions are tremendous, and her judo-influenced in-ring stuff looks really cool and graceful. I'm legit interested to see where this thing with Anna Jay goes, and I like that it's different from the Colt recruitment angle.

I'm also digging Chaos Project! Luther's B-movie charisma is perfect for that spot on the card, and as someone said earlier it's nice to see a guy like him who beat himself to death on the indies forever end his career with a legit contract and merch and stuff. Plus, it got the very deserving Serpentico a job.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

lol I thought this said FARTLESS at first and though Spears was gonna get a good gimmick finally

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I liked starks on commentary.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CombineThresher posted:

Tay's facial expressions are tremendous, and her judo-influenced in-ring stuff looks really cool and graceful. I'm legit interested to see where this thing with Anna Jay goes, and I like that it's different from the Colt recruitment angle.

I'm also digging Chaos Project! Luther's B-movie charisma is perfect for that spot on the card, and as someone said earlier it's nice to see a guy like him who beat himself to death on the indies forever end his career with a legit contract and merch and stuff. Plus, it got the very deserving Serpentico a job.

Tay feels like she's playing innocent to me, as opposed to Colt who's actually a good guy who's getting slowly brain poisoned. Like I bet the thing with Tay is, going into the inevitable tag match it seems like she might not be not into what Anna did, but then the second she can is just a vicious. I think Colt eventually escapes and has his big baby face moment but I think when Tay joins she's just in.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Yeah, Colt and Tay are on opposite trajectories. He's in deep and is going to figure it out and break away and fight his way out. She's going to be slowly seduced by the power of violence.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I dunno, I feel like Tay is going to slowly realize Anna Jay is evil and rejecting the dark order and fighting her

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

it will be a lot of fun finding out which of these is the case.

And I really want the TayJay vs BranVel match now

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wezlar posted:

I dunno, I feel like Tay is going to slowly realize Anna Jay is evil and rejecting the dark order and fighting her

The two of them work too well together as a team already to do this, I think. Plus we need more ladies in dark order.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Yeah, I think it’s better for both of their development trajectories for TayJay to stay together as the Violence Twins than it does for them to feud right now. Keeping them as a team means they need to establish a couple more babyface women’s tag teams though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Yeah, I think it’s better for both of their development trajectories for TayJay to stay together as the Violence Twins than it does for them to feud right now. Keeping them as a team means they need to establish a couple more babyface women’s tag teams though.

I'll give Lil Swole a call.