Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

President Beep posted:

like, maybe go rent a u-haul pickup once in a while to haul home improvement stuff home, but walking/public transit for the rest. that would be great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1FGTGarmlQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
my mother the car (buyer)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the university does a falltime auction of all the derelict bicycles and cars. i got a cool bike for $250. you have no idea what you're getting with the autos, other than make/model/year, but you can pick up something that might run for ~$500 sometimes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I bought a new car after I graduated because i'm a smart computer toucher instead of listening to my parents and getting a used one because "it will just end up as a vehicle to get you from A to B".

I have regretted it ever since, and have told my parents multiple times they were correct.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im currently lightly wrestling with my ex because there are two payments left on the Forester and she's all "thank god! as soon as it's paid off i can GET RID OF IT and get something else!"

I paid $10,000 to put a brand loving new zero mile engine in that thing in October. it's FINE and will go to 300,000 miles now.

I am done doing any kind or altruistic thing for anybody else.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

christ they are hyping the start of this debate like it's a ppv mma cage match except the fighters are two septuagenarian pants-shitters

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

christ they are hyping the start of this debate like it's a ppv mma cage match except the fighters are two septuagenarian pants-shitters

waiting for john cena to bust through the doors and get his five moves of doom on

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

at this point, the bar is so low that people will declare biden the winner if doesn't collapse half way though it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

im currently lightly wrestling with my ex because there are two payments left on the Forester and she's all "thank god! as soon as it's paid off i can GET RID OF IT and get something else!"

I paid $10,000 to put a brand loving new zero mile engine in that thing in October. it's FINE and will go to 300,000 miles now.

I am done doing any kind or altruistic thing for anybody else.

She’s not “anybody else” though, she’s your ex-wife

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
"anybody else" meaning not me.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
oof, been there. it is unfortunate but altruism is pretty much deprecated, at least when directed at your typical fellow americans

barely related somedays i kinda want to get a car again since, well, the pacific northwest is awful pretty when it's not on fire. but then i'd have to care about parking and insurance and on and on and what a pain. so what i'm saying is hey someone with a car move up here thanks

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

this explains the troops in poppy fields i guess

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
this debate poo poo is unbearable

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

idk how any of you are watching it

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i'm trying to cajole friends into playing 'among us' since i still haven't tried it and am incredibly reluctant to do multiplayer games with randos

oh well maybe i'll just make margaritas and play snowrunner

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

graph posted:

I just turned it off

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

its the best thing i have ever seen

Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

I’m watching it because I hate myself

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i made it about a half hour through the debate. to sum it up, it's just biden muttering about what a shithead donald is, and trump being a shithead and interrupting to talk over both biden and chris matthews. it's pointless

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

graph posted:

seriously. we all know how it's going to go. why anyone would willingly subject themselves to that is just beyond me

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

it's kind of fascinating to watch trump attack biden on the green new deal from both directions simultaneously

"it's going to cost a hundred trillion dollars! if you say you don't support it, mister vice president, you've lost the left!!"

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

i don't know how i stuck it out but i watched the whole thing

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t&v=8sLoXYTaih8

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

psiox posted:

oof, been there. it is unfortunate but altruism is pretty much deprecated, at least when directed at your typical fellow americans

barely related somedays i kinda want to get a car again since, well, the pacific northwest is awful pretty when it's not on fire. but then i'd have to care about parking and insurance and on and on and what a pain. so what i'm saying is hey someone with a car move up here thanks

i hear there's a forester with a brand new engine going on the market soon

Apr 7, 2003

Glorgnole posted:

it's kind of fascinating to watch trump attack biden on the green new deal from both directions simultaneously

"it's going to cost a hundred trillion dollars! if you say you don't support it, mister vice president, you've lost the left!!"

Kinda crazy what the media reserves for fascists, huh

Their enemies are simultaneously weak and too strong

Apr 7, 2003

I give up on America and will be riding my bike with a lot of guns forever.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

super hoping the caucasus clusterfuck turns into WW3 because lol that'd be a faster death than the impending Christian States of America invasion of Canada

Apr 7, 2003

Kazinsal posted:

super hoping the caucasus clusterfuck turns into WW3 because lol that'd be a faster death than the impending Christian States of America invasion of Canada

I thought Biden acquitted himself well.

That doesn’t matter when the incumbent has committed to breaking the law to stay in power.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kazinsal posted:

the caucasus clusterfuck

it's a whole big proxy thing with turkey and russia so don't worry about it

Apr 7, 2003

There was no real way for Biden to win that. Once you've given democratic platforms to a fascist you've lost. Fox News will cut that such that Trump looks like the winner and Biden looks like a loser. That cut will be used to display Trump as a victim of fraud come November.

Once you hand the tools of democracy to fascists, the game is over.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

imagine not having to own a car. god that would rule.

i dont have to imagine it. it does, in fact, rule

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
yo I'm taking bets here, who in the conflict will be the first to take down a US surveillance drone?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There was no real way for Biden to win that. Once you've given democratic platforms to a fascist you've lost. Fox News will cut that such that Trump looks like the winner and Biden looks like a loser. That cut will be used to display Trump as a victim of fraud come November.

Once you hand the tools of democracy to fascists, the game is over.

they're already calling chris wallace a democratic plant, i guess because he told trump to pipe down when he was acting like a belligerent toddler

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i watched about 2 seconds of the debate because i accidentally clicked on a livestream on youtube and then closed the tab

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

President Beep posted:

imagine not having to own a car. god that would rule.

aren't you around kalamazoo? just go down to chicago for a weekend. it's gr8

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I say turkey will get feisty and shoot down a russian drone

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Jabor posted:

i hear there's a forester with a brand new engine going on the market soon

No lie, realtalk, i need to dump vehicles. if anybody wants a 300 horsepower 1997 bmw 540i with a shitload of hail dents that needs a throwout bearing, I will literally sell you this car for $1. the only catch is that you have to arrange trailer transport from zip code 80214 because i am absolutely not willing to drain the gas and change the battery and yadda yadda so you can drive it into an overpass at 121 mph on the way home

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
for kinda serious if i wanted to buy a gun what should i get and is it possible if i'm in wa on a greencard but not citizenship

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

yo I'm taking bets here, who in the conflict will be the first to take down a US surveillance drone?

Armenia, probably. Azerbaijan's air force has a shitload of suicide bomber drones they bought the plans for from Israel, so Armenian air defense is on high alert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
citizenship doesn't matter. either get a modest AR15 build (500-800 today) or some sort of 9mm pistol