Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

taking the bus to work owns. its only a 6km trip, theres a bus stop downstairs at both my apartment and office, with 5 different buses that will take me. during commute times each of those 5 buses comes every 5 minutes and it costs 30 cents each way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

for kinda serious if i wanted to buy a gun what should i get and is it possible if i'm in wa on a greencard but not citizenship

If that's actually a Legal Permanent Resident card, then yes. And the answer is always AR-15.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

citizenship doesn't matter. either get a modest AR15 build (500-800 today) or some sort of 9mm pistol

You can get these in Canada too if you’re trashy enough,and you should be if you post here.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jonny 290 posted:

No lie, realtalk, i need to dump vehicles. if anybody wants a 300 horsepower 1997 bmw 540i with a shitload of hail dents that needs a throwout bearing, I will literally sell you this car for $1. the only catch is that you have to arrange trailer transport from zip code 80214 because i am absolutely not willing to drain the gas and change the battery and yadda yadda so you can drive it into an overpass at 121 mph on the way home

if i had a garage to wrench in i’d be very tempted by this

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kazinsal posted:

Armenia, probably. Azerbaijan's air force has a shitload of suicide bomber drones they bought the plans for from Israel, so Armenian air defense is on high alert.

I say azerbaijan is gonna get excited and shoot down a russian drone and cause some havok lol

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You can get these in Canada too if you’re trashy enough,and you should be if you post here.

AR-15s are banned outright here now but you can buy other STANAG magazine fed rifles here for a thou or less. Apparently the AR-180 is making a comeback so I guess tiocfaidh ár lá

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's a contested area and russians have been there before, so it's probably best not to get the russians involved

Apr 7, 2003

Kazinsal posted:

AR-15s are banned outright here now but you can buy other STANAG magazine fed rifles here for a thou or less. Apparently the AR-180 is making a comeback so I guess tiocfaidh ár lá

God bless. Canada and America are brothers. Plan accordingly.

Apr 7, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it's a contested area and russians have been there before, so it's probably best not to get the russians involved

Russia has a smaller economy than NYC

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Russia has a smaller economy than NYC

shut up idiot

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

God bless. Canada and America are brothers. Plan accordingly.

I'm doing my non-restricted course next month with a friend. It usually takes eight to twelve weeks to get a license after writing the exam. Just in time for the breakdown of American democratic institutions in January!

SmokaDustbowl posted:

Yeah their proximity and the fact that they're already ready to go with Turkey is a fuckin prospect and a half

Apr 7, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

shut up idiot

Your face is an idiot!

Apr 7, 2003

I got 18 beers in on Sunday night, decided I'd ride 100+ miles on Monday, got four hours of sleep, and rode that far.

Feelin' pretty good about that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The debate was really whatever tbh but it's funny watching the media call it a shitshow in those words specifically

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

welp it’s already starting

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1311142842392342528?s=20

Apr 7, 2003

Fabricated posted:

The debate was really whatever tbh but it's funny watching the media call it a shitshow in those words specifically

The debate was a shitshow specifically because the moderator let it be a shitshow by permitting the prez to be a toddler.

Odd how the media keeps permitting fascists to control the narrative.

Apr 7, 2003

here comes the pivot (to open fascism)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

why do they let frothy anal juice man on the tv

Apr 7, 2003

I hope you guys really enjoy buying products on Amazon and submitting your mandatory review of those products, because that's what the extent of your democratic involvement in society is going to look like in the near future.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
I would KILL for a debate where there are strict time-limited rules, enforced by an automatic mute on both parties' microphones. Put up a big red countdown clock so they know when time is about to expire, and give it a basketball-style buzzer. People will eat that poo poo up.

Without that, every other trump debate is going to be a fucken shitshow, and I don't know why anybody expects otherwise.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Azerbaijan's leader is claiming Armenia is being controlled by George Soros loving lmao

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

The debate was a shitshow specifically because the moderator let it be a shitshow by permitting the prez to be a toddler.

Odd how the media keeps permitting fascists to control the narrative.

I feel like - at the national level - we haven't come to grips with the idea that trump literally doesn't care what people tell him to do

and somehow we keep being surprised by it

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
Also this isn't the politics subforum so let's keep it cool, gently caress everybody in politics on all sides of any issue

computers are best and should run the nation

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Poopernickel posted:

...are you new?

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Poopernickel posted:

Also this isn't the politics subforum so let's keep it cool, gently caress everybody in politics on all sides of any issue

pretty lovely take

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Beamed posted:

aren't you around kalamazoo? just go down to chicago for a weekend. it's gr8

for sure. chicago is cool. we’ll do a day trip there with the kids via amtrak some day.

Apr 7, 2003

Poopernickel posted:

I would KILL for a debate where there are strict time-limited rules, enforced by an automatic mute on both parties' microphones. Put up a big red countdown clock so they know when time is about to expire, and give it a basketball-style buzzer. People will eat that poo poo up.

Without that, every other trump debate is going to be a fucken shitshow, and I don't know why anybody expects otherwise.

matthews identified himself as a Fox News asset at the beginning of the debate

what did you think would happen?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

I hope you guys really enjoy buying products on Amazon and submitting your mandatory review of those products, because that's what the extent of your democratic involvement in society is going to look like in the near future.

sometimes vendors will give you gift cards in exchange for leaving a good review.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

i knew a guy who was a paid amazon review scammer. he actually received the products he'd (glowingly) review to get that magic "verified purchase" badge, so he had a very big literal heap of cheap poo poo in his attic.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

matthews identified himself as a Fox News asset at the beginning of the debate

what did you think would happen?

Wallace

I made this mistake earlier too

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Poopernickel posted:

good idea let’s do this

*ten years pass*

what the gently caress why does everything suck more?!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
this is literally the politics thread

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

that was intolerably stupid and i’m not watching another one.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Poopernickel posted:

not as stupid as this tho

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

my bitter bi rival posted:

that was intolerably stupid and i’m not watching another one.

But how will you decide who to vote for?

??

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

has anyone tried just.... yelling at trump?

like directly angrily yelling and insulting him right in his face, one on one.

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020

Poopernickel posted:

computers are best

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
was there a thing today why was there 99 posts in this thread all of a sudden

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
currently contemplating making my Internet personality about having a Leftist take on US Aviation, because there's so much gold I've picked up on that recently, and the entire system is run by and for old white dudes that have money.

So much essentially runs on the honor system, and punishment for breaking the law is frequently a lengthy investigation followed by 'don't do that again'.

plus the most recent round of tax breaks allowed people to immediately write off 5 years of depreciation on their new private jet purchase.

there is also the Libertarian dream of Experimental aviation, as long as it won't clearly immediately crash, you can ignore all the Constrictive Government Rules and build whatever the gently caress aircraft, however the gently caress you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jimmy Carter posted:

plus the most recent round of tax breaks allowed people to immediately write off 5 years of depreciation on their new private jet purchase.

lmao really? like "this thing i bought will naturally depreciate so i shouldnt have to pay taxes on the full price" or just "the natural depreciation in value of this asset is a deduction"?