Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile

As recently reported, SA is experiences a severe shortage of smilies. More crucially, people all over the world are struggling with abuse, injustice, and poverty.

For the next several days this telethon will take aim at both of those problems by urging artists from across SA to contribute smilie art, and urging unartistic goons to contribute donations of any amount to a reputable charity of their choice in order to fund the creation of those smilies.

How will this work? I'm glad you asked!
  1. Take a look at the list of the suggested smilies in the post below, which I will update regularly.
  2. Provide artwork for a smilie and/or evidence of a donation to help create a smilie of your choice.
    • 10kb max
    • max size is 90 x 25 pixels
    • supported filed types are gif, png, and jpeg
  3. Receive a commemorative probation as our gift to you!
  4. At the conclusion of the telethon, I will provide a (somewhat) organized index of smilies, :names:, and artwork to the admins.
  5. Magical elves will create the smilies

Prof. Crocodile fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

Goons who show evidence of donation of any amount to any reputable charity will qualify as bronze donors, and receive a commemorative 6 hour probe bearing the likeness of a coffee mug featuring the hit sig of our hit scifi-horror-political thriller “Welcome to Spoonville”!

Goons who provide smilie art will qualify as silver donors and receive a commemorative 6 hour probe bearing the likeness of a stylish t shirt emblazoned with the sick rear end bulldozer that just last year made short work of Acererak's Tomb of Horrors!

Goons who provide both a donation and artwork will qualify as gold donors and receive a commemorative 6 hour probe bearing the likeness of the Spoonville mug AND the sick rear end bulldozer shirt AND a handsome tote bag featuring BYOB's beloved hammock kitty!

Prof. Crocodile

Here is a semi-organized list of smiles awaiting art and funding. Feel free to provide your own suggestions, or make art for smilies not on this list:

SA Stuff
  • :haibrower: , created by Jinh
  • :nudespawn:
  • :trashed: , created by itry
  • :funny:
  • :joke:
  • :goodpost:, , created by Finger Prince
  • :ernest:
  • :heyvern:
  • :dippy:, , created by Manifisto
  • :jeffreyofyospos:
  • :fart:, , created by Pseudorandom
  • :gently caress:
  • :hell:
  • :fartfuckhell:
  • :nudesnail:, , created by Luvcow
  • :spoonville:, , created by itry
  • :stonks:, , created by Knot My President!
Food Stuff
  • :vegemite:, , created by Jinh
  • :crabcourse:,, created by itry
  • :coffeenut:, , created by nut (presumably)
  • :macncheese:
  • :tea:
  • :fourloko:, , created by prof. crocodile
  • :burrito:
  • :hotsauce:, , created by itry
  • :unlimitedbreadsticks:, , created by sk
Good Vibes:
  • :feart:, , created by itry
  • :kindness:
  • :sharing:
  • :caring:
  • :equality:
  • :charity:
  • :hope:
  • :career:
  • :maturity:
  • :happiness:
  • :marriage:, , created by prof. crocodile
  • :freedom:
  • :liberty:, , created by sk
  • :justice:
  • :friends:
  • :family:
  • :commitment:, , created by itry
Lifestyle Stuff:
  • :diet:, , created by itry
  • :run:, , created by itry
  • :gym:
  • :healthy:, , created by itry
  • :exercise:
  • :doyouevenliftbro:
  • :squats:
  • :ultimatefrisbee:
  • :skateboard:, , created by jinh
  • :gaming:, , created by itry
  • :glampervan:
  • :benjamins:
  • :bananacoin: , created by blaise rascal
Dangerous Topics:
  • :supportthetroops:
  • :thoughtsandprayers:
  • :blessyourheart:
  • :satori:
  • :god:
  • :ruthbaderginsburg:
  • :feminism:
  • :jesus:
  • :prayer:
  • :okboomer:, , created by Prof. Crocodile
Possibly NSFW:
  • :ganja:
  • :vagina:, , created by pseudorandom

Prof. Crocodile fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 26, 2020

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

I donated $10 to Djirra, a charity which supports Indigenous Australians who are the victims of family violence (and other great stuff too).

I accept my probe gratefully, what a great initiative! :shitman:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Musluk

Size is restricted to 90x25 as per smilie rules, right?

Vanisheerrrrrr!!!

Prof. Crocodile

Musluk posted:

Size is restricted to 90x25 as per smilie rules, right?

correct.

I should probably find qcs guidance and link to it, but i am out and about today so i might not get to that right away...

nut

am happy to help anyone who needs it in making the smilie itself! Will perhaps jump in with my own in the future :evilbuddy:

Goons Are Gifts

I shrank the coins, as their original 700x700 dimensions would make the leper's explode and since I just noticed shrinking it via imgur's internal function gives it a black background for some reason, so :v:

Here's how they'll look on your rapsheet!

Please let me know if you'd like your probe in a certain time frame, as else I'll just go through them whenever I happen to hop on here.

Prof. Crocodile

Goons Are Great posted:

I shrank the coins, as their original 700x700 dimensions would make the leper's explode and since I just noticed shrinking it via imgur's internal function gives it a black background for some reason, so :v:

Here's how they'll look on your rapsheet!

Please let me know if you'd like your probe in a certain time frame, as else I'll just go through them whenever I happen to hop on here.

:discourse:

Prof. Crocodile

i will also put my money where my posts is with a $90 donation to rainn to fund the first three smilies.

would love to see a hot sauce smilie, but really it's about whoever gets there first.

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
this is awesome, can’t wait to see what you creative geniuses come up with. I’ll find a good charity when I’ve got some computer time this weekend!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
sultry bikini model snail smilie...

once I get home i'll see if I can get the ok from some of the snail models if they're not off cavorting

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i realize it's a little risky to post a completely nude snail but gloria agreed to pose for the picture and she has no problem with artistic tasteful nudes if it's for a good cause

:nudesnail:

Macnult

wish i had the :dippy: image (might be in the og thread?) but regardless i’ll make another donation to RAINN later when i get off work

pseudorandom

I definitely intend to make both a donation and smilies. I'll probably try to come up with a design or two myself, but if anyone has ideas but needs help creating them feel free to post ideas.

Macnult

found the dippy image manifisto made forever ago

donated :10bux: to RAINN

Manifisto

Macnult posted:

wish i had the :dippy: image (might be in the og thread?) but regardless i’ll make another donation to RAINN later when i get off work

I made an emote sized dippy I'm pretty sure (or gangtag size). anyway great thread, I am only just off the road but I endorse this telethon!!

fe: macnult found it while I was writing this!

ty nesamdoom!

Chewbecca

Goons Are Great posted:

Not me, does that mean I have the only black background commemorative coin? :greatgift:

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

itry posted:

I'll start :v:

Edit:

These are good. They are intended to be :run: :healthy: and :diet:

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

sb hermit

Prof. Crocodile posted:

i will also put my money where my posts is with a $90 donation to rainn to fund the first three smilies.

would love to see a hot sauce smilie, but really it's about whoever gets there first.

:same:

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Luvcow posted:

i realize it's a little risky to post a completely nude snail but gloria agreed to pose for the picture and she has no problem with artistic tasteful nudes if it's for a good cause

:nudesnail:

i can barely make out the human titties

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Goons Are Gifts

Chewbecca posted:

Not me, does that mean I have the only black background commemorative coin? :greatgift:

Exactly! I didn't notice the black until I saw it in the modqueue after probing you, so you got the special one for being the first donor!

Chewbecca

Goons Are Great posted:

Exactly! I didn't notice the black until I saw it in the modqueue after probing you, so you got the special one for being the first donor!

:smugteddie:

Goons Are Gifts

Manifisto posted:

I made an emote sized dippy I'm pretty sure (or gangtag size). anyway great thread, I am only just off the road but I endorse this telethon!!

fe: macnult found it while I was writing this!

Imo that counts, so tell me if you'd like the coin!

blaise rascal posted:

These are good. They are intended to be :run: :healthy: and :diet:

Those are great! I'll wait for him to post ITT before probing though to avoid confusion.

Prof. Crocodile

Goons Are Great posted:

Those are great! I'll wait for him to post ITT before probing though to avoid confusion.

paging itry to this thread to get a good probing! kind of embarrassed i forgot those, because they are awesome.

e: i think we are all up to date now. i might reach out to other posters in other forums to see if anyone else would like to get in on some smilie action...

Prof. Crocodile fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 27, 2020

Evil Bob

Give me everything ya got, you animals :clint:

Manifisto

Goons Are Great posted:

Imo that counts, so tell me if you'd like the coin!

I'm hoping to add some original art, so I will want a coin eventually but not yet pls!!!

ty nesamdoom!

Escape From Noise

I need to make a donation and posting itt as a reminder. Fun fact: do you know who donates a huge amount of time to RAINN? Mick Foley.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I kinda wish RAINN gave some of their money to shelters, but whatever, it’s all good

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 30, 2020

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Evil Bob

I'm sorry I don't have the skills to pay the bills (the smilie bills) But i am so stoked to see everyone contributing to a good cause.

Way to bee! (why oh bee)

pseudorandom

Here is my contribution for :fart:

I was debating maybe adding "fart" text, but I wasn't sure. I'm open for critiques and suggestions if anyone thinks it could be improved.

I'm also currently working on an overly ambitious submission for :vagina:; not sure if it's going to work out, but we'll see.

Chewbecca

pseudorandom posted:

I was debating maybe adding "fart" text, but I wasn't sure. I'm open for critiques and suggestions if anyone thinks it could be improved.

alnilam

pseudorandom posted:

lol it's beautiful

ty manifisto

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

here's a draft for :unlimitedbreadsticks:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

your friend sk fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 30, 2020

Evil Bob

sk posted:

lmao

alnilam

ty manifisto

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

pseudorandom posted:

:tutbutt::gas:

sk posted:

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

FluffieDuckie

sk posted:

Lol

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Prof. Crocodile

sk posted:

this is incredible!

also i believe you will be our first gold sponsor. enjoy your probe and commemorative tote!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Prof. Crocodile posted:

this is incredible!

also i believe you will be our first gold sponsor. enjoy your probe and commemorative tote!

o7