Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

mikeycp posted:

Hey. The Night of the Hunter owns a lot

That is all

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

mikeycp posted:

That is all

Sweet, it's on my list for October. Goon recommendations get bumped up!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I can add the debates to my list right?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

dorium posted:

I can add the debates to my list right?

it was over 60 minutes

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Stink Billyums posted:

it was over 60 minutes

And unquestionably horror.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

THE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE ARE NOT HOR-... no actually you got me there that was absolutely horror

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I just pre-ordered the Friday the 13th boxset so hopefully that will arrive in time for Halloween, I’m also getting tattooed on the actual day so clearly I’m gonna get a spooky tattoo.

Covid Halloween looking pretty good.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I want that box set so bad but its expensive. I wish theyd sell the gore cut of Friday Part II seperately i really wanna see that

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

mikeycp posted:

That is all

It’s another one of those incredible movies that was too dark to be appreciated in its time and sunk the directors career. That duet scene is so good.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I suddenly find myself wanting to watch Wait Until Dark again. Is it streaming anywhere?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Jedit posted:

I suddenly find myself wanting to watch Wait Until Dark again. Is it streaming anywhere?

it appears no:

https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/wait-until-dark

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Jedit posted:

You can buy or rent it on YT or Amazon video but not currently free with subscription anywhere.

https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/wait-until-dark

efb

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Has anyone in here seen The Carrier before? It's amazing.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Uh just realized I’ve had wait until dark and night of the hunter mixed up in my head forever and have never actually seen night off the hunter!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Has anyone in here seen The Carrier before? It's amazing.

1988?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Yup!

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Man if I can't watch The Lure in October 2020 what am I even doing with my life? I will buy the stupid movie so help me god.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Ambitious Spider posted:

Uh just realized I’ve had wait until dark and night of the hunter mixed up in my head forever and have never actually seen night off the hunter!

I always get Night of the Hunter and Night of the Demon mixed up in my head. Both dope as hell but very different flicks.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sounds dope, I'll have to check it out!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

married but discreet posted:

Man if I can't watch The Lure in October 2020 what am I even doing with my life? I will buy the stupid movie so help me god.

I feel quite strongly that this is a movie people should own, despite my previous posts about physical media. I can't imagine not having unfettered access to The Lure.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cross posting from the Trailer thread

New Netflix horror movie, His House

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYY0QJhlXjc

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

How are the Omen sequels?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

sponges posted:

It's been a while but 2 is just kind of more of the same and draws out the mythos, while 3 is bad but has an interesting concept and Sam Neil being crazy. I don't think I ever saw 4

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

sponges posted:

I'm wondering this too because I have access to them this month on Starz and I'm not sure if I want to include them in my October viewing list or not.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
2 is my personal high point in the series, 3 has a fun concept but doesn't capitalize on it nearly enough, and 4 is kind of fun for bringing new age fluff into the mix, on top of its goofy performances.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Gaz2k21 posted:

I just pre-ordered the Friday the 13th boxset so hopefully that will arrive in time for Halloween, I’m also getting tattooed on the actual day so clearly I’m gonna get a spooky tattoo.

Covid Halloween looking pretty good.

I've not been keeping up with Blu-ray releases lately. Does this new F13 box set finally contain all the unrated versions that people have been clamoring for for decades?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Spatulater bro! posted:

I've not been keeping up with Blu-ray releases lately. Does this new F13 box set finally contain all the unrated versions that people have been clamoring for for decades?

it has some new cut footage from part 2, but otherwise no. As far as I know the cut stuff from 7/8/etc doesn't exist anymore beyond some garbage quality workprint VHS, everything else was destroyed. That footage will be on the disc as a bonus feature but it isn't new to the set

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Kvlt! posted:

I want that box set so bad but its expensive. I wish theyd sell the gore cut of Friday Part II seperately i really wanna see that

One of the few positives for me about this pandemic is that It’s given me opportunity to earn a shitload of cash in overtime and bonuses, this isn’t without its drawbacks however as I’m a Prison Officer by trade and as I write this post I’m sat next to a slowly dying pedophile in a hospital and he’s just informed me he needs a poo poo.

But yeah that boxset is crazy money it translated to about £130 to get it shipped to the UK. Hopefully it’ll be justifiable at that price (I got Arrows Gamera boxset recently and that set a high bar)

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
After watching four Universal Mummy sequels in the past few days I feel like I could recite this story about the drat tannus leaves by memory. They really liked retelling that story in every movie didn't they? Ananka and the tannus leaves is Universal's version of Bruce Wayne's parents getting shot in the alley.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Basebf555 posted:

After watching four Universal Mummy sequels in the past few days I feel like I could recite this story about the drat tannus leaves by memory. They really liked retelling that story in every movie didn't they? Ananka and the tannus leaves is Universal's version of Bruce Wayne's parents getting shot in the alley.

They predate it, in fact.

Yeah you gotta love movies made in an era where the next film had to recap the previous ones for people to know what the gently caress is going on.

That era was the dawn of cinema to the early 1980s

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

well i found out today there's 8 Leprechaun movies and not 7 as I originally thought... got myself in a pickle here.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

dorium posted:

well i found out today there's 8 Leprechaun movies and not 7 as I originally thought... got myself in a pickle here.

I've never seen Leprechaun in the Hood 2

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

dorium posted:

Not stopping at 7 is just bad form. It'd be so perfect!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
You can skip Leprechaun: Origins, you'll only be missing out on two minutes of leprechaun action. And it's not Warwick Davis, either.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The movie within a movie in Demons is incredible.

“It’s Latin, I can’t read it... wait, yes I can.”

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Darthemed posted:

You can skip Leprechaun: Origins, you'll only be missing out on two minutes of leprechaun action. And it's not Warwick Davis, either.

That's a shame. I'll probably still watch it out of completionism, but wont get to it towards the end of the month.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

feedmyleg posted:

I always get Night of the Hunter and Night of the Demon mixed up in my head. Both dope as hell but very different flicks.

I'll just toss in Night of the Hunted and Night of the Demons to make you even more confused!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Before home video became a thing most people only saw a movie once and had no real way of ever seeing it again once it left theaters. Which is why a lot of sequels start with a montage or at least a retelling of the previous film.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Before home video became a thing most people only saw a movie once and had no real way of ever seeing it again once it left theaters. Which is why a lot of sequels start with a montage or at least a retelling of the previous film.

This does not explain Silent Night Deadly Night 2 being basically the first movie + GARBAGE DAY!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That's simple. They wanted to make a sequel and didn't have the money to.