Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Yeah it's nuts how good of players KOF has in that whole area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
*sees chun-li picked* ehhh I can’t cheer for her

Barudak
May 7, 2007

drjuggalo posted:

Yeah, typing one handed is hard

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

drjuggalo posted:

3S makes me feel this way but for real, begone Chun pickers.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Whichever country is home to the guy who filmed himself doing KOF combos with his hands on fire holds the title for most powerful.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

drjuggalo posted:

i worked with a guy who told me he thinks there shouldn't be any women in fighting games because devs purposefully design them to be top tier

i also knew a guy who said that women shouldn't be in fighting games because a majority of players are men and men want to play as men in video games, not women

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Whoa nelly wrong post here

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

drjuggalo posted:

Just lol if you don't cheer against Guile on principle

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Blockhouse posted:

Okay you can't just boo fighting game players because they're from China come on

They're not somehow villains because they come from a country with an oppressive government

people cheer fighting game players because they're from america

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Smoking Crow posted:

Despite them coming from an oppressive country too!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

Some people root for villains

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

drjuggalo posted:

ACAB can't ever main Chun-Li, Blue Mary, Yagyu Jubei, Kevin Rian, Tracy, etc.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jubei's alright, him and Hanzo are basically the real administrators of SamSho japan because Yoshitora's such a useless goober.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Isn't Jubei just a mercenary demon hunter?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Blockhouse posted:

in the game he's supposed to be the historical jubei, so he's the inspector general

but he's also living 150 years after he died, so whatever

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Wait Blue Mary’s a cop?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Blockhouse posted:

he is a cat actually

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

MechaX posted:

Wait Blue Mary’s a cop?

She was a secret service member and then a freelance detective.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

ACAB can't ever main Chun-Li, Blue Mary, Yagyu Jubei, Kevin Rian, Tracy, etc.

Blue Mary's so hosed up that people in XIV constantly comment on what kind of monster would use a taser in a fight.

but that's small oats compared to Kevin

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kojiro and keiichiro from last blade are both cops also

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

last blade rules

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wow, Tracy from Toshinden? Now that's an old, rather obscure and very specific reference.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
IMHO always pick cop characters because you (the one reading this) are bad at fighting games and you'll get to see a cop being bodied free every time you go online.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Thinking about the kids when I was little that when faced with undead demon ninjas and robot assassins and a literal god of lightning picked a loving cop.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Wow, Tracy from Toshinden? Now that's an old, rather obscure and very specific reference.

It's because I played more Toshinden 2 than any of the other combined so the character stuck out when I was thinking of cop fighting game folks lol. I actually never played 3 at all until like a year ago and was blown away at the massively huge roster compared to 2.

Saint Freak posted:

Thinking about the kids when I was little that when faced with undead demon ninjas and robot assassins and a literal god of lightning picked a loving cop.

Low key master level troll from an MK game "Hey that guy has a gun when you pick him hell yeah yesssss how do you do the gun move?" They gave in in UMK3 though.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I loved how in that old USA channel MK cartoon Stryker’s only real use was tripping people with his baton, beefing with Sub-Zero on who gets to fly the dragon jet, and closing portals

Apparently his wife left him because his cop energy was too strong and for this backstory he can only confide with Nightwolf’s dog

MechaX fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 30, 2020

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
To this day, over two decades later, I still can't get over how Sub Zero was voiced by Luke Perry in that cartoon.

And Stryker was Ron Perlman.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

To be honest I still kinda hear Clancy Brown as Raiden sometimes, even if Richard Epcar is kinda my default

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lemon-Lime posted:

Lore also emotes like a person, but that's harder to show in a fighting game.

nah, actually pretty easy, just give them different animations

Data just kinda stands there not giving a gently caress, barely even in a fighting stance, like Slayer from GG or something, while Lore is just bobbing and weaving like fkn Duck King or something

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

Data just kinda stands there not giving a gently caress, barely even in a fighting stance, like Slayer from GG or something, while Lore is just bobbing and weaving like fkn Q in that episode of DS9 or something

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Wringing my hands and sweating because picking Doggie in power rangers isn't praxis

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Oberst posted:

Wringing my hands and sweating because picking Doggie in power rangers isn't praxis

ACAB

but

All dogs are good boys

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

SPD probably has a better track record than actual cops because even despite fighting with gigantic robots and laser guns, they at least detain all of their suspects alive, keep their body cams on at all times, and don’t plant drugs/harass minorities/infested by white supremacists/etc

Obviously Doggie is the ideal

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
S.P.D. red started off as a homeless street thief too, American power rangers woulda lit him up and planted a mid season upgrade ranger pistol on his body

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

Data just kinda stands there not giving a gently caress, barely even in a fighting stance, like Slayer from GG or something, while Lore is just bobbing and weaving like fkn Duck King or something

I'm not a fan of Janeway's MAX2 where she puts you on the Delta Flyer and then goes to Warp 10

It's too weird

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
Yeah the O’Brien teleporter loops don’t do much damage, but the oki is nice and once you fully get your phaser to max level up you get access to the ‘cardassian duster’ EX routes.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

MechaX posted:

SPD probably has a better track record than actual cops because even despite fighting with gigantic robots and laser guns, they at least detain all of their suspects alive, keep their body cams on at all times, and don’t plant drugs/harass minorities/infested by white supremacists/etc

Obviously Doggie is the ideal

He jails people constantly

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
the end of spd is red and yellow realizing that cops don't actually help people and quitting to form a mutual aid network

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

There's got to be at least one person good at game design in this here thread.......cuz I really want to play a Star Trek fighting game now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
Sisko would play like Kage in SFV where you can switch from his star fleet captain (with a little defiant ship that acts like a jack-o minion) or a bajoran prophet mode. (Wormhole punches like KI Gargos)

His level 3 super in either mode is garak blowing up a personalized opponent’s ship after a little cinematic where the opponent shakes hands with sisko and flies off