Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It kinda is, given his extremely unpredictable control issues prior to this season.

Pitcher with plus stuff adds command as he gets more experience, film at 11.

Speaking of, looking forward to Glasnow's start today. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This is a reminder for everyone that baseball starts today in less than one hour from this post

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Huh, Atlanta actually put Pache and Contreras on the WC roster! Markakis still starting today though.

E: they dropped Ender! Camargo and Sandoval on the roster as well.

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 30, 2020

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Twins are starting Alex Kirilloff in RF today for his debut

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

9 am baseball is the best.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Huh, Atlanta actually put Pache and Contreras on the WC roster! Markakis still starting today though.

E: they dropped Ender! Camargo and Sandoval on the roster as well.

They also dropped Hechevarria, whose recent yips in the field have been really costly, to bring Culberson back.

Can’t say I disagree with any of the moves except maybe Sandoval but weird to make them all now.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

elentar posted:

They also dropped Hechevarria, whose recent yips in the field have been really costly, to bring Culberson back.

Can’t say I disagree with any of the moves except maybe Sandoval but weird to make them all now.

Dear God, it's like Christmas.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Wow

https://twitter.com/jmackeypg/status/1311336667903660032?s=21

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This expanded playoff format is garbage

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
How do the Twins keep doing it

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
e: Not GDT lol

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
So the Braves/Reds combined for the most strikeouts in a postseason game and was the longest a postseason game has ever been scoreless. Just what the hell.

Squall fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 30, 2020

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
MVFree!

Not the gameday thread, but Freddie Freeman kicks rear end!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The cheating Astros getting a bye into the ALDS with a losing record is clownish.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
baseball is hilarious

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
A division winning team is eliminated by losing two games to a team that shouldn't have been in the playoffs at all because they didn't even win half their loving games

This league is hosed

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

A division winning team is eliminated by losing two games to a team that shouldn't have been in the playoffs at all because they didn't even win half their loving games

This league is hosed
are you ready for it to happen again, in even more egregious fashion, tomorrow??

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

This league is hosed

That’s really stupid

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Well at least the Twins are a constant in this chaotic world

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

There is something extra sinister about the godamn Astros being the first team to advance under this stupid format

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

bawfuls posted:

There is something extra sinister about the godamn Astros being the first team to advance under this stupid format

They discovered the Yankees secret first round bye.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

go astros

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I was going to add that said team should have been banned from competition to begin with but there's too many Astros defending clowns in this forum

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

One more additional layer of stupid, the garbage tier, sub-.500 Astros should have been matched up with the top seed in the AL but they weren't because the system is dumb

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is UZR still part of WAR btw ?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Astros/Cardinals World Series, welcome to hell

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I'm glad it's not just the Twins fans bemoaning this bullshit playoff format. 16 teams is too loving many and now that it's done for us I'm probably out for the rest of it and this aberration of a season.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Apparently listening to the radio feed meant missing A-Rod say every Brave should bunt because Hank Aaron bunted 20-odd times in a 23-year career, including 13 years without a single one https://twitter.com/keithlaw/status/1311391226252361728?s=21

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

rickiep00h posted:

I'm glad it's not just the Twins fans bemoaning this bullshit playoff format. 16 teams is too loving many and now that it's done for us I'm probably out for the rest of it and this aberration of a season.

People were complaining about this stupid format from the moment it was announced. Everyone knew some team that would normally never sniff the playoffs would knock out a division winner

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Intruder posted:

People were complaining about this stupid format from the moment it was announced. Everyone knew some team that would normally never sniff the playoffs would knock out a division winner

Yeah, it's particularly aggravating because it's the Astros and so on but everyone without a vested interest in never having to build a team better than 79-83 immediately pegged this as idiotic

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

rickiep00h posted:

I'm glad it's not just the Twins fans bemoaning this bullshit playoff format.

The Twins had home field advantage (such as it is right now but they didn't have to travel) against a sub-.500 team and didn't win a game. What format tweaks can you possibly want?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

fast cars loose anus posted:

The Twins had home field advantage (such as it is right now but they didn't have to travel) against a sub-.500 team and didn't win a game. What format tweaks can you possibly want?

The Astros shouldn't have even been in the play offs. If this stays going forward the 162 game regular season becomes pretty pointless.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its the fundamental problem with 16 team playoff formats. A bad team sneaking in and going over a team that played better all season in a short series.

It just happened to happen immediately, with the perfect team who were below .500 in a 3 game series, so its like super super focused.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yes I grant that the Astros shouldn't be in the playoffs and I do not want this format to continue, to be clear. I am just specifically saying the Twins shouldn't be complaining because the format put them in the best possible situation within that format.

e: Like under another format they'd have been playing, what, the Indians? Still going out I'm guessing (although I guess that series would be a curse-off)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Let's be real, the Twins would have found a way to lose to the Pirates in this playoff scrnario

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
hendriks let's go

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yes I grant that the Astros shouldn't be in the playoffs and I do not want this format to continue, to be clear. I am just specifically saying the Twins shouldn't be complaining because the format put them in the best possible situation within that format.

I mean... they got to bat last. They didn't even like get to stay at home and keep their routine, did they? Isn't everyone in the bubble?

It might be the one advantage they could have in a broken format but that's not really saying a lot.

Obviously poo poo happens. Baseball is chaotic. Short series do this. Twins are cursed. But like, its just the absolutely perfect scenario for people to be salty about it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

e: Like under another format they'd have been playing, what, the Indians? Still going out I'm guessing (although I guess that series would be a curse-off)

The complaint isn't that the Twins lost and how do we fix it so they win. It's that the format itself is bad, 3 game series for division winners and sub .500 teams sneaking in is just bad.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I mean... they got to bat last. They didn't even like get to stay at home and keep their routine, did they? Isn't everyone in the bubble?

Nah, first round is actual home field advantage in home ballparks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We don’t even know the astros are bad

They only played 62 games