Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

BurningCourage posted:

Am I just unlucky or are rates on dupes super high? I've done about 4 10 pulls by now and only 1 of them didn't have a dupe character, hah. I want fire greatsword man damnit.

hes like less than 1 % i think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I think I’m done pulling for now.

I’m sure I’m missing something but eh the rates are good enough to try and fill in any gaps.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Being drip-fed the download from their slow server.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
For a discord, we've been chatting a lot in the E7 Discord: https://discord.gg/ZrgjcAE

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

super sweet best pal posted:

lol it was awful. literally downloading at 90kbs for me

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

They had to put a choke on their download server due to insane download numbers. The day before release, the game got a big injection of hype and everything broke in the preload hours before release.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

super sweet best pal posted:

Keep pausing/restarting it until it's fast(er). Yes it's dumb

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
I pulled back to back 5* off the Venti banner. First one was Qiqi second was Venti.

I'll see myself out.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

i got barbara, jean, beidou and chongyun on my first 4 pulls.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

I got Keqing and Fischl from my 2x10 newbie pulls, and I think that's good enough. Wish I could get Venti, so far, the rest of the f2p pulls have been not good

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'd add these to the OP if you can OP

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Honestly the key to enjoying these free to play gacha games is to just make do with what you get and embrace the transience of rng. If the game is playable without whaling then we're good otherwise drop it.

In other words hee hee Amber's bunnies go boom.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
One of the guys i've been following who played in the betas said he was able to clear all the content in the game(that existed in the beta) with the free characters without issue. Plus if you get to AR20 before the first update you get free Barbara who is a great healer, you are pretty good to go with whatever you pull from your freebies.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay, say that you can't help rerolling. What are you a) Looking to do to be able to reroll quickly and b) What do you want to get out of rerolling.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Natural 20 posted:

Okay, say that you can't help rerolling. What are you a) Looking to do to be able to reroll quickly and b) What do you want to get out of rerolling.

a) Loads of guides on youtube. Rerolling is about a 15-20 min ordeal once you get into the groove.

b) Fischl from the Venti Banner (Fischl fits into more comps than any other hero other than Barbara, who you get free), OR any gold drop, even a weapon (gold weapons are super OP in general, and gold characters are just good), OR loads of characters (even duplicates of good ones).

The Venti banner is where you want to be spending, really. All 3 rate up purples are very good.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Natural 20 posted:

Im assuming the main reason people are rerolling is to get 5* units, which unit probably depends on you, but I know Diluc, Jean, and Venti are popular choices. I'm pretty sure I saw some videos of 'fast reroll guides' out there on how to hit ar5 and 7 quickly, which is when you get your first freebies. I think it takes around 25-30 minutes to hit ar7 doing that method.

edit: personally I think everyone should use their two summons on the beginner banner, because that goes away after doing two 10 pulls. You can still luck out and get 5* from it, but if you are rerolling for a specific character like Venti then yeah, pull on his banner with your freebies. You will still get enough free currency from playing + the login gifts they are handing out to get a 10 pull or two on the venti banner.

Ougher fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 30, 2020

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
After downloading the client i just got the files from a google drive cuz gently caress downloading at .3mbps

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has anyone done the ruins quest in Liyue that ends with you having to defend a thing from multiple waves of the big sentinel robots? It seems impossible without being massively overlevlled, either you get three of them all over you at the same time or they're smashing the incredibly fragile thing you're supposed to protect to 0% in seconds.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also jesus gently caress does Barbara have a 100% pull chance or something I'm up to five now

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Also jesus gently caress does Barbara have a 100% pull chance or something I'm up to five now

If you are pulling on the Venti banner she is one of the 4* rate ups so theres that.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Has anyone done the ruins quest in Liyue that ends with you having to defend a thing from multiple waves of the big sentinel robots? It seems impossible without being massively overlevlled, either you get three of them all over you at the same time or they're smashing the incredibly fragile thing you're supposed to protect to 0% in seconds.

Yeah it was pretty tough but I was able to do it at level 25, I just dragged the robots away from the orb you're protecting, kited as much as possible, and ate a lot of cooked chicken. Tip for the last wave you can shoot the big boss in the eye with a charger archer shot and it'll fall to the ground and be disabled.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Natural 20 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw4Kx1coykU

i used this guide for ar 7 rerolls and it seemed fine

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think I have the patience to reroll a slower paced game like this. I pulled Fischl and I'm just gonna be satisfied even though all I have are support units.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Framboise posted:

I don't think I have the patience to reroll a slower paced game like this. I pulled Fischl and I'm just gonna be satisfied even though all I have are support units.

yeah idk how i feel about it tbh, but it's about 17 minutes for a non AR7 reroll or 25 if you get to ar7

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Trying to aim with Amber and bow and arrow is so frustrating or maybe I just suck.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Are you using gamepad or kb/m? I found it way worse on the pad unfortunately, but its tolerable for me on kb/m.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I’m using my phone. I press aim mode and try to move around and shoot when the opponent moves as well since one shot can’t kill them because my aim is poo poo so when I don’t use aim mode I have to keep moving when I graze the opponent because my aim is poo poo.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
The mobile version added a 60 FPS option this morning in the Settings. Check it out if your phone can handle it - the game looks fantastic.

On team building, a lot of good teams will utilize 2 characters of the same element for the Elemental Resonance bonus, so if you have two characters you really like from the same element don't be afraid to play around with both of them in your team.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

If you just wanna see what the combat is like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv2AKr20u8Q

The big thing to note is each character's moveset has an element associated with it, and combining elements is where the big bursts of damage come from, so it becomes much more about decision making and team building than about raw input skill.

Also if they can get the bow to work with switch motion controls the way it works in BOTW then that'll end up being the best way to play, I think. Once you get used to aiming 90% with the joystick and the last nudge with motion controls, the bow becomes insanely good to play with.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

TV Zombie posted:

I’m using my phone. I press aim mode and try to move around and shoot when the opponent moves as well since one shot can’t kill them because my aim is poo poo so when I don’t use aim mode I have to keep moving when I graze the opponent because my aim is poo poo.

Don’t hit aim mode. Just hold down the attack button and it puts you in aim mode temporarily. This way you can move better between shots

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
If people are wondering why they seem to keep getting dupes if they are rolling on the limited banner you get a rate up character every other character if you didn't just get one and this applies to both 4 star and 5 star units. SO if you are trying to get Venti you really probably get some dupes.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Xingqiu is turning into a great pickup. Their burst into swapping to Fischl turns Fischl into an overloading machine. The damage reduction and healing from the water swords is also a nice touch.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
my fourth reroll i've gotten mona, razor, barbara and xiangling.

this seems pretty good. Mona and razor are apparently both very strong.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I haven't done any rerolling or anything but another bow character besides Amber would be nice. Yes the nesoberi bomb is cute and all but its not very good. I have Xiangling to replace her. I might just try playing with a bow character and see how that goes.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Mill Village posted:

I haven't done any rerolling or anything but another bow character besides Amber would be nice. Yes the nesoberi bomb is cute and all but its not very good. I have Xiangling to replace her. I might just try playing with a bow character and see how that goes.

Fischl is an electo bow character.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I got Barbara, Fischl, Diluc, and Chongyun (water, lightning, fire, ice)

it's a good party that allows lots of crazy element combos pretty much constantly

also the game is gorgeous, I love the small town that has the fragment sidequest, Qingce Village. Even though the plants are just flat models copy-pasted, lol

RubberLuffy fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 30, 2020

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

TV Zombie posted:

Fischl is an electo bow character.

add to that Venti is anemo bow support. He's 5* though and Fischl is 4* in terms of % chance

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

RubberLuffy posted:

I got Barbara, Fischl, Diluc, and Chongyun (water, lightning, fire, ice)

it's a good party that allows lots of crazy element combos pretty much constantly

also the game is gorgeous, I love the small town that has the fragment sidequest, Qingce Village. Even though the plants are just flat models copy-pasted, lol

haha wow that luck!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm gonna say that while the open world stuff is extremely (and sometimes low rent) botw, down to the design of the little environmental puzzles, and actual koroks everywhere, the real meat of the game doing dailies and domains and things ends up being a pretty different thing being so combat focused. And the combat in this game is actually a pretty decent brawler once you rip into it and get good at switching characters in combos and building elemental reactions. Seen a lot of people down on it that try to play it completely like botw and are disappointed by how simplistic each individual character is. Really shines once you get into the world boss fights.

Genshin Is Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

dang, i just did a reroll and pulled:

barbara, Diluc, Noelle, Fischl, Xiangling

guess im set! no venti but i imagine i wont have that kinda luck again.