Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable
I love hot boy summer so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

I’m catching up on Crown of Candy, just finished Safe Harbor. Brennan has been going hard all season, but holy poo poo.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I don’t usually watch dnd stuff I just don’t have time so I’ll catch critical role when it gets on podcast

Anyways I say this because I like Brennan and my overcast recently uploaded Escape from the Bloodkeep which I hadn’t seen/heard yet if you’re like me in this regard

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
NaddPod adjacent, but Brennan just brought back his Adventuring Academy series on Dropout and he had on Freddie Wong from Dungeons and Daddies, the bdsm podcast.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It is minorly weird being also named Brennan and reading these threads (and/or listening to NaddPodDontSingYet). I know most people go through "other person has the same name as me" all the time but I don't.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Not Operator posted:

NaddPod adjacent, but Brennan just brought back his Adventuring Academy series on Dropout and he had on Freddie Wong from Dungeons and Daddies, the bdsm podcast.

Yeah, I feel like all of my podcasts are existing in the same orbit as one another these days. Hey Riddle Riddle and Dungeons and Daddies just did 2 crossover episodes and it absolutely blew my mind when it was announced. I love both of those podcasts and I didn't even know that they were aware of one another's existence, let alone down to do crossovers.

But yeah, I was excited to see Brennan and Freddie talking because it brings us one step closer to the crossover I actually want the most: the Dungeons and Daddies cast on a side-quest season of Dimension 20 like the McElroys did with Tiny Heist

fake edit: OH and I'm also working through Rude Tales of Magic and, though I haven't gotten to the actual episode yet, it looks like Brennan guests in that. Dude gets around!! Brennan Lee Mulligan that is. Not docbeard.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
A NadPod/TAZ crossover would be great. I’d love to see Justin and Emily wreak havoc together. Or goofy but sincere Caldwell and Clint.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

timp posted:

Yeah, I feel like all of my podcasts are existing in the same orbit as one another these days. Hey Riddle Riddle and Dungeons and Daddies just did 2 crossover episodes and it absolutely blew my mind when it was announced. I love both of those podcasts and I didn't even know that they were aware of one another's existence, let alone down to do crossovers.

But yeah, I was excited to see Brennan and Freddie talking because it brings us one step closer to the crossover I actually want the most: the Dungeons and Daddies cast on a side-quest season of Dimension 20 like the McElroys did with Tiny Heist

fake edit: OH and I'm also working through Rude Tales of Magic and, though I haven't gotten to the actual episode yet, it looks like Brennan guests in that. Dude gets around!! Brennan Lee Mulligan that is. Not docbeard.

Dungeons and Daddies did a bit of a crossover with Stream of Blood and a Cthulu mythos thing. Wasn't the full cast, but it was pretty good. Their Cthulu show is usually pretty funny and has some recurring characters. Their Coven one is pretty good too, if for no other reason than it's three people who hadn't played an RPG until this, and so they solve problems in common sense ways rather than doing the murderhobo or murderhobo adjacent ways.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm sad that this arc is ending so soon.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I haven't had much chance to listen to Podcasts lately, and have mostly been binging some other stuff I just started and don't have to pay as much attention to the few chances I have had to listen to some so I'm still only on episode two of Mavris' Summer Adventure, but is it this week that the new main campaign is starting, cause I think the short campaign was only supposed to be 5 episodes before the new one starts the week after, and the fifth episode of Mavris' campaign aired last week?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tsob posted:

I haven't had much chance to listen to Podcasts lately, and have mostly been binging some other stuff I just started and don't have to pay as much attention to the few chances I have had to listen to some so I'm still only on episode two of Mavris' Summer Adventure, but is it this week that the new main campaign is starting, cause I think the short campaign was only supposed to be 5 episodes before the new one starts the week after, and the fifth episode of Mavris' campaign aired last week?

I believe the final one is this week.

Then TBH I wouldn’t be surprised if they did a buffer week with a one shot or a Baggin it with Balnor in between because I haven’t heard them say much about the new campaign lately, not even on the Short Rest or Mixed Bags

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

This week is the last episode of the Mavris sub series yeah. Or at least last week they said that episode was "penultimate" so unless they go over and split this weeks' into two or something, it should be the end of it.

Don't think they've said what the plan for the following week is, I agree that the lack of a specific announcement for the start of campaign 2 probably means it's unlikely to start next week. Which is fine, pretty much any bullshit they do is funny so I'm good with listening to some filler if they need a little more time to get the new campaign just right.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Yeah, I was unsure it was starting just because if they are ready to jump in to the new campaign I'd expect they'd do some kind of mixed bag where the cast introduce their new characters and Murph does a bit to explain the setting, or at least, how it's changed since the last campaign if it's still Bahumia. Same as they did with Mavrus' Summer Boys, and I'm pretty sure they did something similar with Trinnyvale as well. Looking back through the list of episodes there's an Episode Zero for it at least, and I vaguely recall them doing something akin to introductions so I assume that was the content of that particular episode.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

I figured there'd be a week or two of filler just so they can get it set up and ready. I know they're probably doing a Dimension 20 sidequest around now, so they might have needed extra time to get it all set up.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I assume the Mavrus campaign was their filler, and that if they're going to do an Episode Zero it'll be Mixed Bag this week. They might want a week or two more than they anticipated for various reasons though, so maybe Caldwell will DM a short sessions next week instead or something. Maybe they'll even have Jake DM his first session for an audience to fill a week or two.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

looks like this week is now the penultimate episode and next week ends it

i assume they couldn't wrap up everything without it being one gigantic ep

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
gently caress yeah give me more hot boy summer

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Do it ironically posted:

gently caress yeah give me more hot boy summer

yeah honestly i'm happy about this

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it occurs to me that emily's bad guy in this is basically "what if moonshine were raised high elf and turned out evil?" lol

also lmao at murph's callback to the elaborate mime ritual at the climax

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I spent basically all of August and most of September listening to campaign 1 (and most of the short rests) and folks;;;;

this podcast is good as hell. Just caught up with Hot Boy Summer and now on to Trinyvale.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

eke out posted:

it occurs to me that emily's bad guy in this is basically "what if moonshine were raised high elf and turned out evil?" lol

also lmao at murph's callback to the elaborate mime ritual at the climax

Enjoyed the episode, I haven’t patreoned in a while have they talked about the plot for the second campaign, I might patreon and binge what I’ve missed, I’ve enjoyed Jake going outside his box and singing this mini series embracing the bard

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Premiere of campaign 2 will be on 10/15

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
For those who don't have a Patreon account:

Murph posted:

Hey NADDPOLES! We'll be announcing the start of C2 at the end of next episode, but figured we might as well get out the info a little bit ahead of time. Here is our schedule for the next few weeks:

Friday 9/25 - Mavrus Chronicles Finale

Thursday 10/1 - Off week in the main feed, but still posting to Patreon (most likely a C2 preview where we talk loosely about character stuff before it's finalized)

Thursday 10/8 - Campaign 2 Episode 0. Characters and setting will be announced officially.

Thursday 10/15 - Campaign 2 Premiere.

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

I’m enjoying Emily’s turn DMing. I especially loved the first episode or two, when she was giving off spooky vibes.

Am I misremembering, or is the next campaign still dark fairy tale themed? I think they mentioned “The Long Autumn” on last week’s Short Rest and I’d love for that to be the campaign name.

Feb 2, 2005
Listening to hot boy summer I've noticed that Emily sometimes slips into some sort of...accent? Affectation? Sometimes. It's almost like valley girl. Maybe I've just never noticed because she has more long stretches of talking by herself in this arc.

She's excellent at a really underrated DM skill: reading pre-written text in a way that makes it feel like off-the-cuff. Caldwell was terrible at this and Murph is passable but Emily kills it. Love the little tidbits of aquatic biology she's throwing in too. Gonna be sad to see these boys go!

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Pretty sure it's just a Californian accent with a bit of uptalk.

Emily is a very good DM, and Hot Boy Summer was the perfect way to get one of my friends into NADDPOD. He started listening when the first Hot Boy Summer episode was released, and he's already listened through the end of the Crick arc in the main campaign.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Tenik posted:

Pretty sure it's just a Californian accent with a bit of uptalk.

Emily is a very good DM, and Hot Boy Summer was the perfect way to get one of my friends into NADDPOD. He started listening when the first Hot Boy Summer episode was released, and he's already listened through the end of the Crick arc in the main campaign.

Yeah I'm trying to get my wife into it and this seems like a good place to start. Doesn't spoil anything in the main campaign or require any knowledge of it to enjoy it, and it's only 7 eps instead of 100. Also no too-long bits about dragon pussies in the first 10 minutes

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
The end of the latest episode was a nail biter. That beer pong game was so much fun, I can’t believe that nat 20 to end it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i once again call for zak to be added to the main show

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Finally finished hot boi summer, very good stuff imo.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Bip Roberts posted:

Finally finished hot boi summer, very good stuff imo.

Same and same

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
By the way, for anyone here who enjoys Jake's comedic stylings specifically and is looking for more content, I really enjoy the newish podcast he does with his brother Micah called THE GOAT SHOW. The premise is that they review a bunch of products and/or experiences and choose the best (the goat), the runner up (the kid) an additional shout-out (the wether), and the worst (the woat). Past episodes include water bottles, house plants, first dates, and facemasks. Jake's brother is also funny and they have good bros-razzing-bros energy, plus some of the consumer reviews have been legitimately insightful to me. (others less so, but it's still fun to listen to them yuk it up)

Unfortunately they went on a hiatus for COVID and have only come back recently on a once-a-month schedule, but it's been about a month since their last one so there's a good chance we get a new episode tomorrow. Maybe.

https://thegoat.show/

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

timp posted:

By the way, for anyone here who enjoys Jake's comedic stylings specifically and is looking for more content, I really enjoy the newish podcast he does with his brother Micah called THE GOAT SHOW. The premise is that they review a bunch of products and/or experiences and choose the best (the goat), the runner up (the kid) an additional shout-out (the wether), and the worst (the woat). Past episodes include water bottles, house plants, first dates, and facemasks. Jake's brother is also funny and they have good bros-razzing-bros energy, plus some of the consumer reviews have been legitimately insightful to me. (others less so, but it's still fun to listen to them yuk it up)

Unfortunately they went on a hiatus for COVID and have only come back recently on a once-a-month schedule, but it's been about a month since their last one so there's a good chance we get a new episode tomorrow. Maybe.

https://thegoat.show/

also they both look and sound like twins, it's extremely uncanny

while i don't generally love the premise of the show, the back and forth is very fun

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

eke out posted:

also they both look and sound like twins, it's extremely uncanny

while i don't generally love the premise of the show, the back and forth is very fun

he showed up on one of jake's painting party streams and yeah, my first thought was "oh wow those two are Brothers"

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Since the D'n'D court stuff is shorter than regular episodes, and easier background listening I jumped in to the new episode as soon as it popped on my phone and even ten seconds in I love how much Jake is enjoying being the D'n'D Court bailiff. I would be happy for this to become a recurring monthly segment, because the whole cast is obviously having a blast every time they do it.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Been listening to the new campaign finally. It's really funny.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I giggle every time I remember how Mavrus claims things they found as his

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm not gonna lie mavrus and tonathon were the only guests I liked, dead eye was cool in a super overpowered way too I guess, he felt a little to connected though.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

No love for Stunkbug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

No love for Stunkbug?

I almost dropped the podcast at that arc.