Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
You can buy a battlepass at AR 20.

You also get a free BP.

Nothing world shattering in the payed version as far as I can see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

queeb posted:

dang, i just did a reroll and pulled:

barbara, Diluc, Noelle, Fischl, Xiangling

guess im set! no venti but i imagine i wont have that kinda luck again.

Rerolling from that would be a real :psyduck: . You will probably get enough free currency from the ones they are giving out, and from just playing and doing stuff to make a few pulls on the Venti banner.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ougher posted:

Rerolling from that would be a real :psyduck: . You will probably get enough free currency from the ones they are giving out, and from just playing and doing stuff to make a few pulls on the Venti banner.

i think you get another 15 or something between ar 10 and 15. plus enough crystal things to buy another 5 or so

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lagidnam posted:

You can buy a battlepass at AR 20.

You also get a free BP.

Nothing world shattering in the payed version as far as I can see.
It's mostly just a shitload of character/weapon xp and money. You get your choice of one so-so 4 star weapon at bp30 which seems real stingy, and also about $25 worth of gacha if you do the whole thing. I bought it because i'm gonna be playing a lot of this game this month anyway + I want to save up gacha for when they add Klee, but it doesn't seem like a particularly good deal

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Had some rewards cash floating around so I spent it on some pulls. Managed to snag Venti :toot:

Right now my strategy is to drop Oz with Fischl and then swap to Barbara and spam water attacks. It chews through most enemies I've encountered so far.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
There is something just deeply disturbing about this game. It's clearly built with mobile interfaces and capabilities in mind (and missing some really critical, by my standard, basic PC QOL features) but it's single player and appears competitive as a "you've played the great game and want more of the same but don't want to replay the great one" type of game. However it's so clearly in the style of a multiplayer free-to-play game that it's deeply disturbing to play as a single player game, both from fear that this will become more normal and from annoyance at having to pay for core game features in a gatcha system.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I rolled with built up gems and free stuff and got Noelle and another Fischl.

An actually good fire user would be nice...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Framboise posted:

I rolled with built up gems and free stuff and got Noelle and another Fischl.

An actually good fire user would be nice...
You can get Xiangling for free at AR20, shes mostly just a good spear user but her fire attack isn't bad

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

homeless snail posted:

You can get Xiangling for free at AR20, shes mostly just a good spear user but her fire attack isn't bad

her ultimate thing is kinda amazing because you can hit it and switch characters and it keeps going

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 30, 2020

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Left the download running while I went out for a couple hours to finish the last couple gigs, came back and it said some of the files couldn't be verified. Now it's starting all over from the beginning. :negative:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I did this and had it downloaded in like 3 mins.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/j1ilxv/direct_download_from_the_official_serverfaster/

he uses jdownloader but someone else links to XDM in one of the top comments. download and install it, take the url from the main post and copy it into XDM and it'll download at your max speed.

go to settings/network settings and set segments per download to 32, then just hit the + in lower left, add the link, away it goes. once done move it into the genshin impact folder and you're good.

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Tear off the chains and the entire world will be free

Despite her voice actor being absolutely terrible, Qiqi is amazing and adorable. The ice orb persisting and healing your characters while also damaging anything nearby is so drat nice.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Nation of Thizzlam posted:

Despite her voice actor being absolutely terrible, Qiqi is amazing and adorable. The ice orb persisting and healing your characters while also damaging anything nearby is so drat nice.

haven't seen her in any of my rerolls yet

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I'm AR13 and just started Prologue Act 2 quest lol

I've got almost the whole map unlocked except the story gated northwest area. Running past enemies that are level 30+ was pretty fun. I think as soon as I unlock ascension I'll have enough books to boost my four mains to their next max level with no issue.

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

Is there no hotkey to switch parties?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tabletops posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw4Kx1coykU

i used this guide for ar 7 rerolls and it seemed fine

I had started by myself but used this to get to AR7 and got all my rolls in. Got Fischl, Razor, and Barbara. No Venti but these appear to be Good Rolls? I'm just going to stick with it since I don't particularly feel like doing the re-roll game before actually playing the game.

Now if they could add controller support on iOS I could see myself sink some time into this.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I had started by myself but used this to get to AR7 and got all my rolls in. Got Fischl, Razor, and Barbara. No Venti but these appear to be Good Rolls? I'm just going to stick with it since I don't particularly feel like doing the re-roll game before actually playing the game.

Now if they could add controller support on iOS I could see myself sink some time into this.

You got Fischl, who synergises amazingly with multiple characters, and Barbara who, while free when you hit 20, is an awesome healer who gets better with constellation upgrades (dupes). You could have a much worse roll!

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I'm enjoying the combat in this way more than I thought I would

LIMBO KING posted:

Is there no hotkey to switch parties?

no afaik and it's my single biggest issue so far since team building is a big part of the game

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The delay in reconfiguring your party is just long enough that "oh I want fire for this puzzle" gets annoying.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
my current rerolls

this is from today, like ~26 minutes on average per. i really have nothing better to do i guess.

edit: these all have noel as well, except the mona one i think.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

queeb posted:

I did this and had it downloaded in like 3 mins.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/j1ilxv/direct_download_from_the_official_serverfaster/

he uses jdownloader but someone else links to XDM in one of the top comments. download and install it, take the url from the main post and copy it into XDM and it'll download at your max speed.

go to settings/network settings and set segments per download to 32, then just hit the + in lower left, add the link, away it goes. once done move it into the genshin impact folder and you're good.

Thanks! That's way faster.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah this game is actualyl really fun bombing around loving poo poo up, and like... its so weird that its free and a mobile game, just have this odd feeling playing it

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This game rocks. I’m new to mobile stuff so I didn’t know about rerolling but I’m happy with my squad (lightning archer, fire spear, main character, Barbara) and I haven’t encountered anything too time gatey yet.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Dilucs ultimate is bonkers, just a huge rear end fire phoenix obliterates a huge area.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
I want to argue that this isn't a 'mobile' game, since you don't need an android emulator to play it on PC and its on ps4. But I'm not gonna die on this hill.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
My rolls have been absolute dog poo poo with multiple dupes of Noelle, Xianling and Barbara (who are all guaranteed/available for free from events atm), but I haven't felt underpowered or gimped at all.

The rates might be garbage but so far it seems like rare characters are not super important. Most other games' gacha systems are attached to gameplay that is some flavor of turn based JRPG, where everything is just an elaborate game of Risk where you need the higher numbers from your SSR waifus in order to beat things. So far at least in Genshin, because it's an actual action game it feels like you have much more room to just play smart and be successful.

Most people say Amber is at the bottom of poo poo-tier for example, but I have used her a ton and she's been great. Being a bow is inherently useful for puzzles and nailing bosses in weakspots while kiting, and she is excellent at opening up fights by throwing out the taunt-bomb and doing a charge attack or hitting an explosive barrel to get pyro going, before switching to someone else who can start causing pyro reactions. In any more traditional gacha game she'd be a three star garbage character that gets immediately benched because her stats would be deliberately made awful and that would be all that mattered.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

queeb posted:

Dilucs ultimate is bonkers, just a huge rear end fire phoenix obliterates a huge area.

can you only get him from the 4th pull thing?

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
You can get Diluc from all but the weapon banners, even the beginner one if you are super lucky.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ougher posted:

You can get Diluc from all of the banners, even the beginner one if you are super lucky.

oh rad. he seems good. i liked playing him in the trial, i wonder if he's much better than the other dps/burst options that are ranked 's' or a

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
I would take most of the Tier lists right now with a grain of salt really. Yeah the 5* heroes are going to be good, but your gear is going to be more important. A 5* in lovely gear is going to play crappy regardless. But a 4* in good gear is going to perform just as well as that 5*.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

queeb posted:

What's important about Diluc's Phoenix is aiming it so you maximise hits, because each hit will give you energy to do it again! When you get to really big mobs, you can just chain over and over, with only the cooldown limiting you.

Tabletops posted:

can you only get him from the 4th pull thing?

I got ultra lucky and got my Diluc from my second Newbie banner, and I've seen someone get him from mass pulls on the Venti Banner. The Jean/Diluc/Gear banner, obviously, has the "best" chance of getting him, though.

Xaerael fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 1, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ougher posted:

I want to argue that this isn't a 'mobile' game, since you don't need an android emulator to play it on PC and its on ps4. But I'm not gonna die on this hill.
It definitely isn't, but having extreme mobage brain helps

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

homeless snail posted:

It definitely isn't, but having extreme mobage brain helps

100% agree, having my own broken brain. I'm autoing in epic7 while I play genshin. :shepface:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Elemental combo is important, like barbara and free ice sword steamroller content that can freeze

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
How do you raise AR so fast? I just managed to hit 10 while dicking around forever.

I just want Barbara so I can get the most out of having an ice and electric user on the team.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Yeah the elemental combos become way more important as you progress. You get a world rank up at AR20 which makes all the mobs slighter higher level and harder, and this goes up several more times as you get further AR. Getting used to the combos and finding the ones you like is arguably more important than the actual characters.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Framboise posted:

How do you raise AR so fast? I just managed to hit 10 while dicking around forever.

I just want Barbara so I can get the most out of having an ice and electric user on the team.

Doing what you are doing now really. Doing whatever quests you can find, run around opening chests, getting waypoints, finding the little floaty things you feed to the statues, run things that burn some of your resin(energy).

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Framboise posted:

Chests and Statue upgrades, plus clearing every quest you ever see.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Im at AR 20 and finished the quests involving Venti and Stormbringer.

Its kinda impressive how decent the story has been. Im annoyed with little quirks and bugs on Ps4. Co-op is a mess, I just want to matchmake and be thrown into a dungeon. Spawning in the open world complicates everything way too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm only ar12, but having a real good time with the combat so far and definitely plan on finishing the story at least with my janky 4* pull crew. If I can get 20 hours of fun for free, then that's a win.