Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

gently caress how did someone else make the same dumb post before me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

big boi posted:

Yeah AD is going to feast

I mean Bam is pretty loving good

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
jimmy is going to utilize a series of bugs bunny style pranks (including burrowing under the court and popping up elsewhere and dressing in drag) to confuse and enrage AD and dwight into fouling out before halftime

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

MourningView posted:

I mean Bam is pretty loving good

i think the heat have someone at least at big as monte morris

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

MourningView posted:

Condolences to legendary deadbeat dad gordon hayward who now has to spend time with his children

Imagine being his kid and in 20 years seeing stories from the start of the playoffs where he planned to be there for the birth, then seeing stories from when he changed his mind after they made the conference finals.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

jimbutler has a 72% free throw rating for these playoffs i can feel the fix from a mile away

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Spacebump posted:

Imagine being his kid

This was as far as I could go with this thought experiment

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think this should be a fun finals, the heat don't have a soul to put on AD and that may be a problem

I can see the Heat winning a series where the Lakers shoot poorly against the zone and the the Heat get hot from 3 on the other end. If Lebron or at least 2 Lakers role players are making 3s then I think the Lakers only lose if they have a turnover explosion.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

Condolences to legendary deadbeat dad gordon hayward who now has to spend time with his children

High schools are in session though

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ghost Dog posted:

jimbutler has a 72% free throw rating for these playoffs i can feel the fix from a mile away

this is actually about the same as his regular season free throw rate, he made up for forgetting how to shoot threes by drawing fouls like Reggie Evans with a 25% usage this year it sucked!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

He said, LeBron's second trip where he's not facing an all time great team.

Who do we think are the worst teams in that list? 2011 Mavs, 2012 Thunder? I would say those two and the Kobe/Pau/Odom Lakers and probably a couple of the Spurs teams don't really count for all-time greats, either. But I guess that bar is pretty subjective.

The Thunder were easily the worst team he faced, just because of their age. The Spurs and Warriors teams were historic.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

DeimosRising posted:

The Thunder were easily the worst team he faced, just because of their age. The Spurs and Warriors teams were historic.

True but that Thunder team was favored and the GM survey that year picked Durant over Lebron as best player iirc.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Scott Brooks tried to guard Lebron with James Harden

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

Papes posted:

Harden was at least as strong as J.J. Barea, but Lebron had evolved to a new Saiyan level.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Papes posted:

It feels like it's been a million years, but I seem to recall the scouting report being that Harden was actually a pretty good defender during his OKC years and was the best option on Lebron then. He didn't get the lazy/bad rep until Houston when he was suddenly the primary scorer instead of the Manu super-6th man that he was for OKC.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

None of the miami guys appear to be fuckwits. Except olynk i guess?

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

toggle posted:

None of the miami guys appear to be fuckwits. Except olynk i guess?

Kendrick Nunn...

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Harden was at least as strong as J.J. Barea, but Lebron had evolved to a new Saiyan level.

A key improvement for Miami was signing Shane Battier. The Heat basically won titles until he fell off a cliff.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
WNBA Postin:

A'ja has played the entire game, and then ESPN made her walk over and do the between quarter interview instead of sitting for rest for the 4th

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Is Crazy Ted gonna make a cool NBA thread?

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Let us heat

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Rick posted:

Is Crazy Ted gonna make a cool NBA thread?

I really miss those graphics

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i hope the lebron. james!! wins

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

let's go jimmy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I really miss those graphics

Same. I vaguely think he might have said last year was the last one.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

gently caress the Lakers forever and ever

Go heat

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Paul Pierce prediction of Lakers sweep, they are done.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rick posted:

Paul Pierce prediction of Lakers sweep, they are done.

hes a loving champion. how dare you

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Good evening everyone, and gently caress the Lakers.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
tip the ball

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

did they say yo yo ma was a member of Laker nation?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Brolander posted:

Good evening everyone, and gently caress the Lakers.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Meyers Leonard thinking bout how hard he gotta cheer after standing

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
stupid interp

i dont want to hear a drat note i dont expect. i want to hear the next note in the drat song

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao of course it is meyers leonard

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Proud boy Meyers Leonard

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

CLASH OF THE ALPHAS

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I hate the anthem but the cello was pretty badass

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
gently caress the Lakers let's go Heat bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Papes posted:

I hate the anthem but the cello was pretty badass

Cellos rule.

Who the gently caress was the turkey on the Heat standing up?