Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs SCU 11 15.71%
Jericho vs Kassidy 3 4.29%
Starks vs Allin 41 58.57%
Mox vs Butch 15 21.43%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1311482561634291712

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1311459462062899200

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

AEW Dynamite for 9/30 via FWOnline.com

quote:

Jim Ross, Excalibur and Taz were the announce team. They said that Tony Schiavone was trying to get a word with FTR backstage.

A video package aired highlighting the Allin/Starks feud.

A promo aired from Darby Allin's compound where one of his friends promised that Allin would get revenge on Starks.

Darby Allin defeated Ricky Starks

They worked this like a grudge match for sure. The strikes were snug and the work was good.

Allin got some shine early with strikes, a suplex on the apron and a suicide dive.

Brian Cage came out to distract Allin. Will Hobbs came out to take care of Cage and the two brawled to the back. Starks was able to use the distraction to cut off Allin and flip the momentum.

Allin made a comeback and hit a code red. They traded strikes. Allin hit a backpack stunner. He teased a Coffin Drop off the second rope but Starks caught him with a spear for a two count.

Starks went for an avalanche finisher. Allin kicked him off and hit a Coffin Drop for the pin.

The announcers previewed the card. They announced that Moxley vs. the opponent of Kingston's choosing would be for the AEW World title.

Cody came to the ring for a promo. They cut to commercial before he began speaking.

After the break, Dasha Gonzalez was in the ring to interview Cody. She asked about the status of Cody's injury.

Cody said Al Snow once told him you always wrestle hurt, but you should never wrestle injured. Cody said his injury is more than physical.

Cody said it hurt to lose his TNT title in three minutes. While he was off, he got the call from Hollywood to appear on another show.

Cody said he heard people talking while he was away, talking about being the future and the ace. He said only three people have the right to speak of themselves in that way now: Hikaru Shida, Jon Moxley and Brodie Lee.

Dasha asked Cody what his answer was to Brodie Lee. Cody said as an EVP, his answer to Lee is no. He left the ring.

Cody came back to the ring. He said no, as in no regrets, no holding back, next week, he accepts.

Brodie Lee came to the ring. The locker room emptied and tried to hold the two apart.

Brandi Rhodes ran in and hit a flip dive off the post onto Dark Order. Anna Jay attacked Brandi. Nyla Rose and KiLynn King jumped the rail and brawled.

The pull-apart in the ring re-started. Lee retreated to the stage and held the TNT title aloft.

Schiavone was backstage with FTR and Tully Blanchard.

Cash said they did Best Friends a favor last week by refusing their challenge. He called Best Friends glorified backyard wrestlers and participation trophy guys. He said SCU are different and deserving of a shot.

Schiavone asked Dax about The Young Bucks. Dax referenced Dave Meltzer and said that if stars from Dave constitute a title match, maybe The Bucks could get a match at some point.

Matt Jackson entered and hit a superkick to Tony. Nick was not there but they acted like he was just off-camera.

Dax and Cash called Matt out for kicking Schiavone instead of them.

Dasha was with SCU. They promised to win the titles tonight, then made their way to the curtain.

Shawn Spears was waiting for SCU at the curtain and mockingly wished them luck.

The Tag title match is next.

Hangman Page joined the commentary desk.

AEW World Tag Team Championship match: FTR (w/Tully Blanchard) defeated SCU (Scorpio Sky & Frankie Kazarian w/Christopher Daniels) to retain the titles

This was excellent.

Dax and Kaz began, trading holds. Kaz hit a lariat and tagged Sky. Sky hit a dropkick for a one count. Cash blind-tagged in and faced off with Sky.

Sky and Cash did a series of drop-downs and leapfrogs. Cash feigned a trip from Daniels on the floor and the ref ejected Daniels.

Dax and Cash had some miscommunication and ended up on the outside. Kazarian missed a baseball slide but Sky hit a tope con giro to both members of FTR.

FTR cut Sky off with a lariat on the outside before throwing him back in. FTR were in control, working over Sky before an ad break.

Cash missed a charge into the corner. Dax tagged in. Cash took the ref. Sky cradled Dax but the ref was tied up and Sky only got a two count.

Kazarian tagged in and hit a series of leg lariats on Dax. He fought off an interfering Cash and sent him into Dax. Cash tagged in and ate a northern lights suplex and a fisherman's suplex for a pair of two counts at the ten minute call.

Cash hit a dropkick on Kazarian into a sunset flip by Dax for a two count. Kazarian hit a German on Dax. Sky tagged in and used a high stack on a cover for a two count.

SCU tried a double pin on a sunset flip from Kaz and a high cross from Sky but only got two. Sky hit Dax with a cutter for a two count. Dax powerbombed Kazarian. Cash hit a dragon suplex for a near fall.

Kazarian crotched Cash on the top rope and went for a superplex. Dax interfered. Kazarian countered a doomsday device attempt with a powerslam.

Sky used a series of cradles for three near falls on Cash. Blanchard interfered by grabbing Cash's hands to block a schoolboy.

For the finish, Sky tried to suplex Cash into the ring as Cash stood on the apron. Tully tripped Sky and held his foot. Cash covered Sky for the pin.

They announced an eight-man tournament for an AEW World title shot with the finals at Full Gear. Rey Fenix, Jungle Boy and Kenny Omega were announced for the tournament.

Page left the commentary table in a huff after Omega was announced for the tournament, as I guess he is still hoping to get back with Omega as a tag team.

Chris Jericho (w/The Inner Circle) defeated Isiah Kassidy (w/Marq Quen & Matt Hardy)

Jericho gave Kassidy almost the entire match.

Kassidy got the upper hand right away and Jericho bumped all over the place for him. Kassidy hit a series of strikes and used a magistral cradle for a two count.

Jericho took a slingshot over the top to the floor. Kassidy teased a dive but Jericho stepped away. Jericho got sent over the barricade where he went at it with Luther. Luther hit a right hand and clotheslined Jericho back over the barricade.

Kassidy hit a tornillo and a swanton bomb for a near fall. Jericho fired back with right hands and took control of the match before a commercial.

Kassidy came back and crotched Jericho on the second turnbuckle. Kassidy hit a cutter for a two count. Kassidy avoided a springboard dropkick and hit a springboard stunner for a near fall.

Kassidy got his knees up on a lionsault, then hit his own lionsault for two. Kassidy hit a codebreaker for another near fall.

Kassidy went for a springboard attack but jumped into a Judas Effect. Jericho then pinned Kassidy.

Inner Circle jumped in to attack Kassidy after the match. Hardy saved with a chair and cleared the ring.

Jericho and Hager brawled with Luther and Serpentico after the match.

Miro and Kip Sabian were at an arcade and an ax throwing place for Sabian's bachelor party. Miro was upset because he wanted Sabian to have a Rumspringa bachelor party but he can't because of the pandemic.

Billy Mitchell offered to help Miro throw Kip Sabian a great bachelor party. Apparently Mitchell is a legendary arcade game player.

Dasha was with Best Friends backstage. FTR entered. They said there's a spot on the card for Best Friends as a comedy relief act, but they're top guys.

Orange Cassidy called FTR weenies.

Orange Cassidy (w/Best Friends) defeated 10 (w/Colt Cabana, John Silver & Alan Angels)

10 mocked Cassidy's pockets spot.

10 hit a spinebuster and a pump kick before sending him into the barricade. Dark Order mocked the Best Friends hug spot, but that allowed Cassidy to hit a dive off the post.

Cassidy hit Orange Punch and a Beach Break for the pin.

MJF and Wardlow brought Jericho a gift in the Inner Circle's dressing room. MJF had jackets for everyone but Sammy Guevara.

MJF swore on his mother's life that he didn't leave Sammy out intentionally. MJF said he was just there to congratulate Jericho on his win.

Jericho asked MJF if he wanted to join the Inner Circle. MJF asked if Jericho wanted him to join. They went back and forth on the same point for a while.

MJF and Wardlow left. Guevara called MJF a loser, but Jericho said perhaps he's not a loser.

I like whatever this slow burn thing they're doing with Jericho and MJF is.

Dr. Britt Baker (w/Reba) defeated Red Velvet

This was a little bit more than a squash as Velvet got some early offense. Both ladies had a good showing.

Velvet hit a leg lariat and a bulldog for a two count. Baker used a hammerlock to set up a clothesline. Baker hit a butterfly suplex and some taunting kicks.

Baker used a misdirection spot to set up a slingblade. Baker hit a neckbreaker and a curb stomp for the pin.

Baker used Lockjaw after the match.

Jericho & Hager vs. Luther & Serpentico, Will Hobbs vs. Brian Cage for the FTW Championship, Brodie Lee vs. Cody for the TNT title in a dog collar match were announced for next week.

Kingston came to the ring with Penta El Zero M, Rey Fenix and referee Bryce Remsburg before a commercial break.

Kingston cut a promo. He said he fought Moxley for the title last week. Moxley put him in a bulldog choke but Kingston never tapped out.

Kingston said Moxley went to Tony Khan, or TK as the kiss-asses call him, and got an open contract for this week.

Kingston said before he reveals Moxley's opponent he had to ask Remsburg why he called for the bell last week. Remsburg said they go way back and are friendly but when they're at work, it's Remsburg's job to protect Kingston from himself.

Penta, Fenix and Kingston began to menace Remsburg. Moxley's music hit and he ran in for the save with a barbed wire bat.

Kingston called for Moxley's music to be cut and introduced Mox's opponent, The Butcher.

AEW World Championship match: Jon Moxley defeated The Butcher to retain the title

These guys were in a tough spot. There's just not a lot Butcher can do.

The Butcher dominated the first part of the match with lots of clubbing, clobbering and squeezing. He went after Moxley's left leg.

Moxley made a comeback and got a cross armbreaker. Butcher slid to a single-leg crab, then hit some punches from Mox's guard.

Butcher hit a powerslam for a two count before going back to the single-leg crab. Moxley blocked a powerslam. Butcher blocked a Paradigm Shift. Butcher tried for a stretch muffler but couldn't quite figure out how to put it on.

Moxley rolled outside. Butcher missed a charge and got sent into the barricade. Back inside, they traded strikes. Butcher hit something resembling a crossbody for a two count.

Butcher hit a uranage and a legdrop for a near fall. Moxley hit a superplex but Butcher grabbed his leg on landing. Moxley fought off another crab attempt.

Moxley hit a piledriver for a two count. Butcher blocked another superplex and hit a crossbody off the second rope for a two count.

Moxley ducked a lariat and hit a Paradigm Shift. He followed up with a bulldog choke and Butcher tapped.

News
There's a world title shot tournament coming up!
There really isn't any video game news but Kenny keeps teasing it.

Upcoming Schedule

NEXT DYNAMITE
JERICHO AND HAGER VS LUTHER AND SERPENTICO
WILL HOBBS VS BRIAN CAGE FOR THE WIN TITLE
CODY VS BRODIE LEE TNT TITLE DOG COLLAR MATCH

Links
Rankings: https://www.allelitewrestling.com/rankings
The Official AEW Podcast! https://link.chtbl.com/AEW
Everything Elite Podcast the second most official and second most leftist podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling
Sammy Vlog: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZaULt2xcbJZvXEp0uP8TA

Your Fourth "For The Win" Champion, Brian Cage

Your Second TNT Champion who has never had his belt stolen period:

Your Third AEW Tag Team Champions

Your Third AEW Women's World Champion:
https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1278512415475412992

And finally, your first All Elite Wrestling Champion to not have his title belt stolen at Longhorn Steakhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FTR are weenies and I love them

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
was Billy Mitchell just, like, at the arcade they were filming at? what a weird cameo!

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

was Billy Mitchell just, like, at the arcade they were filming at? what a weird cameo!

well they are in florida

but also I guess he lives like 100s of miles away from jacksonville

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 1, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TayConti_/status/1311482214996160513?s=20

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1311481507106697216?s=20

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I loved this episode even though I kind of missed part of the main event due to all the playoffs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
im exhausted but i just want to say that having butcher, who looked great, instead of one of hte lucha bros tells me that Mox is beating Lance on the anniversary show and going straight back to feuding with Kingston and his pals afterwards. I'm hoping super hard for Penta vs Moxley at Full Gear.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm trying to catch up on the rest of the show but the main event was cool as hell and Butcher looked great.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Thought the show was pretty solid. I love Orange Cassidy but he has really bad delivery when he talks, something about his voice just doesn't seem TV ready.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ringo Roadagain posted:

well they are in florida

but also I guess he lives like 100s of miles away from jacksonville
I think Miro said they were filming those segments at Good Game in Atlanta, though maybe that's only for the weird golf part.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
lmao at the F4W recap dude calling JPEGMAFIA "One of Darby's friends"

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I wish next weeks tag was Jericho and Sammy instead of Hager, not just because Sammy is a better wrestler, but also because he stole Serpentico’s gear that one time.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
LUTHER

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

fenix is going to win the tournament and the motha fuggin belt

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

#1 heel Billy Mitchel accompanied by his attorneys

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Cavauro posted:

fenix is going to win the tournament and the motha fuggin belt

No it's going to be *checks notes* Kip Sabian

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I wish next weeks tag was Jericho and Sammy instead of Hager, not just because Sammy is a better wrestler, but also because he stole Serpentico’s gear that one time.

oh yeaa. good catch.

also, it's two not great wrestlers and a slowing down jericho.. serpentico will have work to do to help make that match interesting. at least with sammy you could have fun stuff with him.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i am not into FTR but i am into the best friends kicking FTR's rear end even though it's absolutely not what will happen. i at least hope OC gets to blast em with some orange mist

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Butcher was totally gassed by the end of that, but I didn't mind it since it made sense in the story. Like, the plan was for Butcher to jump Mox while he was expecting a Lucha Bro and then beat down Moxley hard. When Mox was too tough and withstood that, it makes sense that his superior cardio would win out in a longer match in the Florida heat.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Turns out Isiah rips just as hard as a singles guy as Marq! That was a pleasant surprise.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I can't get over Billy Mitchell, a funnier cameo than anything that has been on wrestling TV in a decade.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eat My Fuc posted:

Thought the show was pretty solid. I love Orange Cassidy but he has really bad delivery when he talks, something about his voice just doesn't seem TV ready.

His debate promo was great. Normally he doesn't have a projected-from-the-diaphragm theatre/promo voice, but it wouldn't make sense for his character to have one.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The reaction to JPEGMAFIA vs Billy Mitchell in the thread and the recap is :discourse:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

CombineThresher posted:

His debate promo was great. Normally he doesn't have a projected-from-the-diaphragm theatre/promo voice, but it wouldn't make sense for his character to have one.

I feel ya I just think his emotionless character comes off more as untrained than playing a character some time. the way he said weenies it was like he was just thinking about weenies not calling FTR weenies

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Feels like Sammy is on his way out of Inner Circle

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thinking about weenies

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eat My Fuc posted:

I feel ya I just think his emotionless character comes off more as untrained than playing a character some time.

It probably is in some respects. OC's never been on TV before AEW, and his character isn't one that gets or needs a lot of promo time. It wouldn't surprise me if he's still figuring out how to adjust to being a featured player on weekly TV.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Why would anyone on this earth physically assault Tony Schiavone

Those dastardly heels!!

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

I’m surprised he doesn’t have an advocate (oc)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I cant believe Billy Mitchell's in the AEW Title Tournament!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MassRafTer posted:

I can't get over Billy Mitchell, a funnier cameo than anything that has been on wrestling TV in a decade.

They're going for that 50+ demo

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
billy mitchell is going to help miro win a match by splicing in footage of miro winning a match while he was in the wwe

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JR's BBQ Sauce vs Billy Mitchell's Hot Sauce

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I had an odd moment where I thought that was Nick Cave, then realized that made even less sense than Billy Mitchell

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kenny is winning the tournament and the title at Full Gear 🔒

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Orange Carlisle posted:

Why would anyone on this earth physically assault Tony Schiavone

Those dastardly heels!!
They're still bitter about Tony spoiling Mankind's first WWF title win

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

NienNunb posted:

Kenny is winning the tournament and the title at Full Gear 🔒

I think just the tournament finals are at Full Gear. But I agree, this is the path to Kenny (then Hangman) holding the World Title.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DeathChicken posted:

I had an odd moment where I thought that was Nick Cave, then realized that made even less sense than Billy Mitchell

Nick Cave appearing on AEW would be a fever dream come true :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Do you think we'll get a first Hangman v. Omega match in the tournament as buildup?