Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bowsette is dead. get over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

homeless snail posted:

ah, i fondly remember chat threads past, when bowsette was still alive (not just in our hearts)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Boosette was right there, too.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

bowsette is dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHLMnP7bpnk

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

homeless snail posted:

What is dead may never die

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Very spooky do not look

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Infinitum posted:

Very spooky do not look

Draw feet on this and we have Video Games' new profile pic.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T4xTcztkNw

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I don't mean to make you all extremely jealous, but I just got into the Shadowlands beta.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I don't mean to make you all extremely jealous, but I just got into the Shadowlands beta.

I have good news for you, then.

P.S/Edit: Did you get your crokinole board yet? Got mine. It looks great, playing my first game shortly.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Infinitum posted:

Welcome to me about two months ago lmao

I've not played any WoW this year

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Well I'm in the Artifact 2.0 beta. :agesilaus:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Healbot posted:

Draw feet on this and we have Video Games' new profile pic.

It already has feet though? :confused:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm in the beta for living but it's so unfinished right now and the patch notes show no sign of fixing the bugs anytime soon so I'm probably just gonna bow out of it til a more stable build comes.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

P.S/Edit: Did you get your crokinole board yet? Got mine. It looks great, playing my first game shortly.

I have a board game day on Sunday.... Tracker has not updated yet... so I'm hoping it hits the depot late tonight.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

It already has feet though? :confused:

(He wants to see Kirby's Bowsette shaped feet [Cause that's his fetish])

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
they're inviting people to a beta for an expansion that comes out in like 3 weeks?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Our bank decided to update their website recently and now for the life of me I can't find how to actually do internal transfers from one account to another. It's like they just got rid of it or something. Which I hope they didn't because that just makes it very annoying for us to budget things properly.

I do not like when websites get updates that make them harder to use and more annoying to navigate especially when I lose important features in the process.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

they're inviting people to a beta for an expansion that comes out in like 3 weeks?

Real talk: They usually do this towards the end of beta/lead in to the new expansion, basically gets the hype train happening via word of mouth.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Btw I don’t get the thread title

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's a Splatoon reference

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Think I might complete some Video-Games this October. First on the list is hot new release The Order: 1886

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You’re only 150 years late lol!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

it's a Splatoon reference

Ah yeah, the ugliest game for the ugliest month

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

the ugliest game

:mods:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Ah yeah, the ugliest game for the ugliest month

Yeah Inf was talking about WoW earlier.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i see people saying they hate how Splatoon looks and I truly do not understand

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

a crippling fear of paint rollers

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Same but legitimately the opposite for me

What is it you like about the designs?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

im sideeyeing every single post in this thread now, yall are just checking boxes off your bingo boards

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

what an “anime” post haha

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm gonna lodge a complaint with the managers of bingo, this is illegal posting

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Same but legitimately the opposite for me

What is it you like about the designs?

Cool tentacle hairstyles
Raccoon eyes
Cute fangs
Fresh outfits
Seamless squid-to-kid transformation

What's not to like

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Its a game full of the middle thing

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Plus a lot of “what 1990s middle-aged management-types thought the kids were into” chic

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It is what the kids are into

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Mr. Mosquito every day. True killer

Doctor Roosevelt
Jun 17, 2006

Nap Ghost

Jay Rust posted:

Plus a lot of “what 1990s middle-aged management-types thought the kids were into” chic

As much as I loathe to admit it, this style did come roaring back.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Last month I replayed Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon for the umpteenth time, and, for the first time, actually finished it! I got this game as a kid with absolutely zero knowledge of the Shining Force series, because I thought a magazine had recommended it as a "must-play". I later found the magazine it was reviewed in, and it only got an average review, so I've no clue where I got that idea from.

RotDD is a remake of the original Shining Force: Legacy of Great Intention game, and it has a reputation for being pretty easy, especially compared with the original. However, for seven-year-old me, that was absolutely not true! I had never played an SRPG before, and I honestly had no clue how they worked. I was constantly getting characters killed, which wasn't too much of a problem since you could revive them, but it meant a lot of characters weren't gaining experience. What's more, I did not understand how to take advantage of grinding for levels on maps which might have let me brute force my way through the game even if I didn't exactly have any tactical finesse.

The funniest example of this is Narsha. She was a new addition to the remake, and she has a weak start but snowballs to become incredibly powerful if you play carefully to get her some early kills. IF. Kid me did not realise this and would immediately ram her into a strong enemy and she'd die. Then, since these were bonus stages that had her as the protagonist, the game would cut in and say "Narsha's strength failed, but her strong companions came and rescued her" so the story could continue.

With all these failings, I could only ever reach around the halfway mark of the game, if not a bit before. Despite this, I replayed that half of the game over and over again. I really loved the huge maps, turn-based gameplay, and large roster of characters. I found it really compelling, and would be driven to try to find that same flavour of games, but had no idea what the genre was called. That is, until ten years later I happened across Fire Emblem Awakening, and thought it looked kind of similar.

Since playing Fire Emblem, I've tried revisiting RotDD a number of times, but usually after I hit the point that I couldn't beat as a kid, the nostalgia well runs dry and the game becomes pretty boring. It hasn't got a very interesting plot, and the mechanics feel pretty terrible after getting used to Fire Emblem. This time, however, I pushed through, and I finally beat the game!

Anyway, all of this is just to say,

BINGO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

2 hours until I Crash for the night. I'm so excited.