Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ridley is not a 4chan shitpost and neither is he a fortnite mascot >:[ Ridley deserved to be in smash bros and I'm glad he was finally put in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
EDIT: There is definitely a generic Fortnite character that could be considered a mascot. It's even a meme because it's a game dominated by teens, and if you play as the generic character you get chastised for not spending money in game, as I understand it.

I think there was a second dude when Minecraft started taking off that was also blindsided by the Microsoft acquisition like the rest of the Mojang staff (sans Notch). But Minecraft wasn't a thing until after Zach Barth open sourced Infiniminer.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Also, looking forward to a billion block dicks being drawn in online play. You brought this on yourself, Sakurai.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Awesome Animals posted:

I think there was a second dude when Minecraft started taking off that was also blindsided by the Microsoft acquisition like the rest of the Mojang staff (sans Notch). But Minecraft wasn't a thing until after Zach Barth open sourced Infiniminer.

When are we going to get a Social Network-esque retelling of this tale?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I am in on the Minecraft character because I like salt, and also because anything that breaks Twitter is good

I play Minecraft every week or so with my 9 and 7 year old cousins. They played Smash when they came to visit my parents' house. I wonder if this will be enough to get their parents to buy them a Switch...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Notch got straight up unpersoned in Minecraft and doesn't get a cent from it anymore, right?

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

stev posted:

When are we going to get a Social Network-esque retelling of this tale?

We're writing the screenplay right here! Just take this thread to Hollywood!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
An early early early promised featured of minecraft was that you'd be able to import doom levels (and presumably any other similar-game-engine levels) and play through them as minecraft worlds. I don't know how that would have actually worked out in the end if it ever happened but I would have been up for more Castle Voxelstein.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Electric Phantasm posted:

Notch got straight up unpersoned in Minecraft and doesn't get a cent from it anymore, right?

I believe the agreement is similar to that of Star Wars and George Lucas.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Electric Phantasm posted:

AFAIK Microsoft bought everything outright when they bought Mojang and he hasn't profited from it since then.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

He was already a billionaire when Microsoft bought everything, so its not like it matter anyways.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gonna main Steve as the Dan comedy character of Smash and annoy the gently caress out of people.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Minecraft Steve is good

https://twitter.com/ChoctopusYT/status/1311672810742468609

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait hold up I've been tricked

https://amp.reddit.com/r/SmashBrosUltimate/comments/f35js7/if_kirby_swallowed_steve_in_ultimate/?__twitter_impression=true

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
No let me have cube Kirby

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

It's past midnight here EA, let me in to Star Wars Squadrons already.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
It was nice to dream :unsmith:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Steve is the first black character in smash, I think. Is Steve black?

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

goblin week posted:

It will be Steve, from Minecraft.

the great frog oracle

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Grapplejack posted:

Steve is the first black character in smash, I think. Is Steve black?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well to make up for Steve, there's a new Gorillaz song feaaturing Elton John premiering in like an hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ68kQLS250

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Complain about how you are actually way better than you are and are in MMR hell

60% of my games are as puck i deserve my placement

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Harukui_i/status/1311678233792983040?s=19

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Craig K posted:

60% of my games are as puck i deserve my placement

Should have noticed the avatar :v:.

I always liked playing Puck. It's been so long since I played that I'm super ignorant of the meta and roles and even how to play for the most part. It really bums me out because I spent thousands of hours playing Dota.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/nathan_brown/status/1311670322479935489

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Apparently Clinkz is the best dota hero now which means I'm going to only play Clinkz for this month because he's the perfect spooky boy.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Why is this the dota forum, is there like a thing going on

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

My DotA character has always been centaur warrunner. It's nice how flexible he is and I enjoy the solo offlane. I haven't played DotA in ages though, I got clean.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Harrow posted:

Dota sinko into destruction

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I played Sniper badly.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
They're talking about Dota, not TF2

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Literally never played, watched, or learned anything about dota other than it's bad

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I will never dote

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DOTA is for people who couldn't cut it playing Warcraft III competitively.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

a game so cursed even using its cursed name makes a thread worse

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I said come in! posted:

DOTA is for people who couldn't cut it playing Warcraft III competitively.

Grubby more like scrubby at SC2, the real competitive rts.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Harrow posted:

It’s our costume!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Awesome Animals posted:

They're talking about Dota, not TF2

2fort is the moba of shoot games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Who cares about DotA when the new Crash Bandicoot is coming out tomorrow! :stoked: