Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jesus WEP posted:

i played through nv trying to do 100% of combat in vats, it was pretty fun. all intelligence all agility all luck
still trying to decide on how I want to go. i think the first time i did “sneak sniper” as i usually do in this style of game. this time i might try something more like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

for whatever reason i like sneak style in elders scroll but not so much in fallout. unarmed or melee or critical pistol builds are my jam

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It's sad that there is no explicitly followers of the apocalypse ending in FNV, they're the only sane faction in the new vegas area.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
lasers are always a hoot in new vegas

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's sad that there is no explicitly followers of the apocalypse ending in FNV, they're the only sane faction in the new vegas area.
I have literally never completed a playthrough other than house or yes man, ncr are dipshits and the legion are just renfair dorks

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

I have literally never completed a playthrough other than house or yes man, ncr are dipshits and the legion are just renfair dorks

oh nice, a liberal

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Improbable Lobster posted:

lasers are always a hoot in new vegas
never really used them first time through. might try them leading up to the ycs gauss rifle as i want to do a science/repair/speech kind of guy

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

charisma 1 speech 100 ftw

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

jesus WEP posted:

charisma 1 speech 100 ftw

https://clickhole.com/heartbreaking-the-worst-person-you-know-just-made-a-gr-1825121606/

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Burroughs Wellcome Headquarter Durham, North Carolina

Control point needing claiming here.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Burroughs Wellcome Headquarter Durham, North Carolina

Control point needing claiming here.

oh poo poo, i used to drive past this every day, had no idea it was so rad on the inside, too

lol >>Employees are not permitted to take cameras into the facility to take photos of it due to the sensitivity of the research being conducted.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
so, VR Eliteheads, is there a preferred good gamin' HOTAS controller y'all are using? I just have my dang xbox 360-emulating thing and it works fine for most games but I'd really like something better/more intuitive for ED in VR

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

My Saitek X55 did me fine for the several hundred hours I put into E:D, though like with a lot of 'stay home toys' right now you might find it difficult to get ahold of one without playing gouge prices. I think the X55 is deprecated now, a lot of E:D players like the Saitek X52.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
holy poo poo, you weren't kidding about gouge pricing

argh :mad: looks like I'm waiting to pick up any of 'em

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Or if you just wanna dip your toes in, the thrustmaster HOTAS 4/X is cheap and very needs suiting

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
e: lol at me replying to something like a page back or something

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Or if you just wanna dip your toes in, the thrustmaster HOTAS 4/X is cheap and very needs suiting

lmao u cant even buy those right now,

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
gat dang I'm glad I got mine for fifty bux

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

thrustmaster 69 lol

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

im playing snow runner right now, it is pretty good

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
snow runner is good. latest maps are hard

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.gog.com/partner/konami

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

bobbilljim posted:

snow runner is good. latest maps are hard

haven’t even got to the latest maps
I’ve been playing all summer and am just now finishing off the main Michigan tasks

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

my "playstyle" is rush all upgrades and free trucks so i first scouted every map for all the good poo poo then went back to complete everything. i would recommend it, some of the russian trucks are great. I don't really think it ruins anything either, none of the trucks are truly terrible, they all pretty much have a niche of some kind. only truck I never went back to using again really is the paystar which you most likely already have

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

bobbilljim posted:

my "playstyle" is rush all upgrades and free trucks so i first scouted every map for all the good poo poo then went back to complete everything. i would recommend it, some of the russian trucks are great. I don't really think it ruins anything either, none of the trucks are truly terrible, they all pretty much have a niche of some kind. only truck I never went back to using again really is the paystar which you most likely already have

Tayga is pretty much straight up OP. i would say, much like reality, is that a lot of the american trucks/cars are god awful with some exceptions (hummer is good starting scout) and p12/p16 is decent, but russian trucks just feel way better overall

Snowrunner is the absolute perfect podcast game, i never really understood podcast game before that but when the March shelter in place order came in and we wfh'd i was like 3 months behind just because commuting/train ride/walk was part of that routine where i got the listening in and i couldn't really sit down at a computer and listen. but beign able to throw pocketcasts on my second monitor and chill out playing snowrunner is just :discourse:

i've been slowly pecking through it jumping around, havent done the new russian or alaskan map yet but i have prettty much 100%'d russia and michigan, except for some side-questy stuff. working on alaska now.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 1, 2020

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Honestly I don't really understand the tayga hype. I do use it now and then but it's not really one of the best trucks for the way I play at least. mostly down to the lack of addon options. A truly OP truck for me would have huge tyres, low or no lift, good top speed, always on diff lock and switchable AWD, and the ability to have crane+flatbed+trailer or crane+semitrailer. But even then that would be a truck for specific tasks. I really hate the hummer, the loadstar is a beast, best scout in the game besides maybe the 750 (which can't take scout trailers). White western star & the twinsteer are really good. For an easyish trip the fleetstar or the MH9500 are both great trucks as they can do crane + flatbed + trailer. I also like the derry with the tag axle that everyone seems to hate. It kicks rear end especially now you can lift the axle when you need to turn

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

thrustmaster hotass 69

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I’ve got a bunch of Alaska scouted out, and did pop over to Russia to buy an azov

but I’ve got 3 contracts left in Michigan and have cleared out all the tasks from black rover and the dam and am mostly done with the tasks on the other two maps

my current crew is the hummer, two royals and the azov

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
alright took my new evga 3080 out for a spin on MS Flight Sim 2020 (never played one before) and with everything on ultra this is an amazingly detailed and really good looking game

however, with my hosed up wirst trying to play this on keyboard was just awful. the numpad for the wheel and controlling foils and stuff was super twitchy and i just ende dup spinning around and around before crashing into sedona on the babby learn2fly cessna mission

ill give a ds4 a shot later but xbox game pass dreally wasn't liking it

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

russian trucks and cars are great offroad machines because most of them have military background and had to be able to drive through everything, other thing is that their servicing and overall comfort is really lacking, driving Urall 375 above 40kmph is incredibly loud and shaky

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

in a bout of realism it is almost impossible to go that fast most of the time in snowrunner

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

RustyKnight posted:

incredibly loud and shaky
much like your avatar

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

hmmm https://store.steampowered.com/app/914010/Train_Station_Renovation/

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

free demo https://store.steampowered.com/app/510230/Woodwork_Simulator/

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A weekend Yikes for you to jame

https://www.freegameplanet.com/liquidators-download-game/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhpHKsxTpfY

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

the only thing that would get megiving konami money again is if there were good pc ports of mgs 1-4 and pw instead of those ancient rear end ports of mgs 1 and 2

Weedle
May 31, 2006

how has snake eater, the best metal gear game and the one that absolutely everyone loves, still not gotten a pc port

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Weedle posted:

snake eater, the best metal gear game and the one that absolutely everyone loves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
My name isn't James, can I still post in here?

:ohdear:

Also, which of the Anno games were good?