Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Wasn't one of the notes ONE put in his storyboards a ways back for Murata basically, "make this one a hot girl,"? Dude definitely enables Murata's horniness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Lets be honest, the longest chapters of this fight are still to come too. Psykos and Fubuki haven't fought yet and you know that Murata is gonna take forever drawing and redrawing that fight.

Asimo posted:

The Garou arc in the webcomic was twice as long as every prior arc put together too, admittedly. :v: But who knows how much is left now, yeah.

No, it wasn't. From Garou introducing himself to the heroes to him running away from saitama goes from chapter 45 to chapter 94.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Xarbala posted:

Let's be real ONE and Murata are both each other's enablers and they're basically just getting paid to have fun working together at this point.

Absolutely. And that's a large part of why I try not to get too irritated about it. Theyve gotta be having a blast.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

RareAcumen posted:

So we're all trapped in here together screaming like Timmy in the well about how we'd all fix Murata's attitude if we were in charge of keeping him moving the story forward instead of illustrating the life leaving a monster's eyes as it's crushed to death by an olympian's thighs.

Where I'm at, it really doesn't matter that Murata's version ain't is great as it could be. The webcomic still exists, ONE's still producing new material for it, and the new story arc is looking solid.

It is kind of wild that the super-professional redraw is sort of the lesser take on the story, but that's not a problem. It's just what it is.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Sep 29, 2020

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Where I'm at, it really doesn't matter that Murata's version ain't is great as it could be. The webcomic still exists, ONE's still producing new material for it, and the new story arc is looking solid.

It is kind of wild that the super-professional redraw is sort of the lesser take on the story, but that's not a problem. It's just what it is.

Yeah, I'm aware of the fact that things aren't perfect and could be better in this manga. I don't have any idea or plans of how to make that happen in any way though but I'm aware that it's not perfect at least. I've come to terms with everything I like being like that.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

i flunked out posted:

No, it wasn't. From Garou introducing himself to the heroes to him running away from saitama goes from chapter 45 to chapter 94.
Whoops, my mistake. Still longer than all the prior arcs put together though even so, which is probably what I was remembering.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
My reaction 5 minutes ago: 47 new posts, I bet a new chapter has been released gently caress yeah!

:mad:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

His Divine Shadow posted:

My reaction 5 minutes ago: 47 new posts, I bet a new chapter has been released gently caress yeah!

:mad:

Awesome, with this post I've got ADTRW thread cliche bingo for the page, thanks.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
This thread is for complaining about the Murata redraw, and the Murata thread is for posting ONE spoilers

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

This is the manga thread for complaining about the pacing of the anime IMO

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Awesome, with this post I've got ADTRW thread cliche bingo for the page, thanks.

I'm sorry I'm not good with anime

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
For those who dislike the pacing, what would be your "editor's cut"? Which chapters could go or be massively truncated without seriously damaging the redraw?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

A jargogle posted:

For those who dislike the pacing, what would be your "editor's cut"? Which chapters could go or be massively truncated without seriously damaging the redraw?
Ok this is exciting

- Would completely cut Orochi. His Garou fight was cool but he A) distracts from Psykos as the actual main villain, B) distracts from the main focus of the arc which is the S rank heroes and Garou.
- Would reduce basically all 1on1 hero-vs-villain fights to one or a few pages.
- With the arc shorter, cut all Saitama scenes so far, he adds nothing to the arc yet and him being there and kind of just fumbling around isn't working well for comedy either.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Sounds lame tbh

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

Sounds lame tbh

Anything that cuts Manako isn't worth doing.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Bisse posted:

Ok this is exciting

- Would completely cut Orochi. His Garou fight was cool but he A) distracts from Psykos as the actual main villain, B) distracts from the main focus of the arc which is the S rank heroes and Garou.
- Would reduce basically all 1on1 hero-vs-villain fights to one or a few pages.
- With the arc shorter, cut all Saitama scenes so far, he adds nothing to the arc yet and him being there and kind of just fumbling around isn't working well for comedy either.

I'd like to keep Orochi but have him die when he got one-punhed by Saitama since it was a good humor moment

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
I'd cut Flashy Flash's lovely pointless fight. It's where I originally started to feel truly exhausted.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Phoenix man should have been half a chapter with 0 redraws.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I've actually enjoyed most of the 1v1 fights! I think Phoenixman is an offender and could be trimmed a bit.. The big one for me was the tournament arc though, thinking back on it almost none of it sticks out to me aside from Saitama's wig and the big arena breaker shot.

I also don't really care enough to even bother reading the redraws half the time, so often the changes are really minor, so I just stick away unless I'm hearing about new content.

Honestly an ideal cut for me would basically just have skipped through like half of the tournament arc, cut down on a lot of the redraw updates, and cut some fat from the recent arc. Especially in recent chapters I've really been hitting the "lose interest -> pay less attention each week -> lose track of what's going on -> lose interest" cycle lmao

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

-flashy flashes fight should have stayed 1 page, maybe keep a page or two of the speedsters showing off if you must, but he should destroy them in a flash and it should be jarring. maybe the same for the phoenixman fight, those two fights really emphasize the arrogance of the S-class and it pays off when they get their asses kicked later. Keep the vampire/zombieman fight but put it earlier than those two fights, or put flashy first, zombieman, then kid emperor.
-cut the riding around on a mine cart stuff in half, i dont really get why it happened anyways, keep the lil monster pal
-expand the garou/darkshine fight
-emphasize the cadres kicking the heros asses more. i feel like it lost the oomph of these pages https://mangadex.org/chapter/55483/6
-keep the demon king dead

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'd remove Genos and Fubuki, they contribute nothing to the fights

Watchdog-Man can use their screen time.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

I'd double the length of all the 1v1 fights, phoenix man being 8 chapters long would be awesome. I'd also like a redraw of the tournament arc.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Every third chapter released should be a redraw of Phoenix Man, a battle eternally reborn.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

Every third chapter released should be a redraw of Phoenix Man, a battle eternally reborn.

Phoenix Man should fight his way through the entire S-Class untill he's finally killed forever by MegaMan.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

-expand the garou/darkshine fight

This one is interesting for me. I've been OK with all the HA vs MA fights (even Child Emperor vs Phoenix man would have been totally fine if it wasn't re-drawn twice - I think it was super helpful for showing off CE's actual abilities). And even though I didn't love it in the anime (which is how I was introduced to the franchise) on re-reading I actually now really like the tournament arc.

The only two things that I've felt are redundant/unnecessary is 1) the second chapter of the Garou/Darkshine fight (I felt all the plot points of Darkshine feeling scared of Garou's power were covered fine in the first chapter, and sort of just repeated in the second), and 2) maybe some of the current Tatsumaki vs Psykos fight since it's now been a couple cycles of: Psykos shows great power, Tatsumaki seems outmatched at first but then turns the tables and does something heroic.

Otherwise, every time a new chapter comes out I am excited, and very rarely disappointed.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
I'm just trying to figure out where things will go from here. All the S-class heros being on the surface now precludes King's standoff with the Cadres and also Silver Fangs murder spree. Tats rescuing and bringing everyone to the surface also clashes with her character philosophy of radical self reliance that the entire next arc really hammers.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tats isnt radical self reliance
Its radical rely on me and go sit down and be a good weak baby child.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tatsumaki's whole philosophy doesn't even extend past Fubuki anyway. It's not like she cares enough about anybody else to worry about whether they can handle themselves. This probably just reinforces her belief that she could've done all this by herself and everyone else sucks and was only in the way.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Tatsumaki's whole philosophy doesn't even extend past Fubuki anyway. It's not like she cares enough about anybody else to worry about whether they can handle themselves. This probably just reinforces her belief that she could've done all this by herself and everyone else sucks and was only in the way.

Well, she thanked Genos this time. And King obviously is too powerful for Tatsumaki to second guess him.

But yeah. Most people are useless in her book.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

chiasaur11 posted:

And King obviously is too powerful for Tatsumaki to second guess him.

In a series with many very good jokes, this is one of them.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Check out the latest chapter from the redraw even if it is the raws

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/13933686331716558082

Edit: It might be a spoiler for something the webcomic hasn't gotten to yet, sorry to anyone who didn't want get spoiled before my edit.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 1, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nah this is a new scene.
But seems like tats isnt the only one who got helped by blast.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Nah this is a new scene.
But seems like tats isnt the only one who got helped by blast.

That's what I was getting at, I was worried some webcomic reader might have wanted to wait for the webcomic to get there.

cause the webcomic hasn't shown Blast like the manga just did

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Electric Phantasm posted:

That's what I was getting at, I was worried some webcomic reader might have wanted to wait for the webcomic to get there.

cause the webcomic hasn't shown Blast like the manga just did

Yes it has?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Snake Maze posted:

Yes it has?

drat I remember him being just a silhouette

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tatsumaki pulled everyone out of the base so she could crush it, the kid might've been rescued already but no one aside from King in her opinion was strong enough to not get killed by her wringing the base + city like a washcloth.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i simply only read the one version

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Snake Maze posted:

Yes it has?

this is a cooler blast outfit than the murata version imo.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

i flunked out posted:

Feels like something Freddy Mercury would wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

i flunked out posted:

The impression Blast gives off in the Tats flashback doesn't make it seem like he's a flashy kind of guy. Much like Saitama he's more down to earth, so an outfit that's got those massive pauldrons seems a bit extravagant.