Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who were the best champions in September?
This poll is closed.
Kenny Omega & Adam Page (FORMER AEW World Tag Team Champions) 11 19.30%
FTR (AEW World Tag Team Champions) 20 35.09%
The Motor City Machine Guns (Impact World Tag Team Champions) 7 12.28%
Team Dragon Gate (Open the Twin Gate Champions) 3 5.26%
The Street Profits (WWE Raw Tag Team Champions) 0 0%
Cesaro & Shinsuke Nakamura (WWE SmackDown Tag Team Champions) 2 3.51%
Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax (WWE Women's Tag Team Champions) 1 1.75%
Suzuki-gun (IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions) 11 19.30%
Write-In/None of the Above 2 3.51%
Total: 57 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
After a mostly successful first try, this will be my second month of polling FIGHT ISLAND to determine who the best tag-team champions are. Last month, the Elite members Kenny Omega & Adam Page won the poll by a somewhat healthy margin over Dangerous Tekkers. With that being said, a lot of champions in Japan (including Dangerous Tekkers) did not defend their belts this month, paring down the list of eligible champions. In response, I have added the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship to the list of titles whose holders are on the poll this month. Will Suzuki-gun stay on the roll call? Only you have the power!

Kenny Omega & Adam Page - FORMER AEW World Tag Team Champions - unsuccessfully defended against FTR at All Out

FTR (Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler) - AEW World Tag Team Champions - won from Kenny Omega & Adam Page at All Out, defended against SoCal Uncensored on Dynamite

The Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin and Alex Shelly) - Impact World Tag Team Champions - defended against the Rascalz on Impact

Team Dragon Gate (Jason Lee and Kota Minoura) - Open the Twin Gate Champions - defended against Team Toryumon at Dangerous Gate

The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) - WWE Raw Tag Team Champions - defended against Andrade & Angel Garza at Clash of Champions

Cesaro & Shinsuke Nakamura - WWE SmackDown Tag Team Champions - defended against Lucha House Party at Clash of Champions

Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax - WWE Women's Tag Team Champions - defended against Bayley & Sasha Banks on SmackDown

Suzuki-gun (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru) - IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions - won against Los Ingobernables de Japon (title was vacant) at New Japan Road

Write-In/None of the Above - Am I missing some folks? By all means, tell me in this thread!

Poll will be open for four days, as a week turned out to be too long.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Darn, was going to suggest a write in vote for Sugiura-gun but realised they won the title on 30.08 and haven't defended it yet, as both are in the N-1. Did my part and voted Suzuki-gun because Despy and Nobu are great together

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

say yeah

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So I was walking down this dark alley and then this shady guy comes up to me and is all like "Hey kid, you want some old-school wrestling? I can hook you up real cheap." and dumb as I was I decided to try and now I'm an FTR mark.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The case in favour of Team Dragon Gate, Lee & Minoura

https://twitter.com/RealHero12089/status/1309816899275034625?s=20

Dragon Gate tag matches rule. Susumu is one of the most consistent wrestlers in the world who elevates everyone he faces. This match slaps hard

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 1, 2020

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Say :yeah:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

If anyone other than FTR had taken Kenny and Hangmans belts I would probably be vot8ng for Kenny and Hangman as my first ever Former Champs vote. But it WAS ftr so SAY YEAH!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Suzuki-gun is Ichiban :hai:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SAY :yeah:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Voted Omega and Page. Say nah.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mcmg. junior tag belts are for lolling at

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Made a mistake and forgot FTR had a title match last night. The OP has been edited.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Voted for FTR, I dig their gimmick and their matches are great, and they keep having more of them!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Put Big Utami and Tall Saya on the ballot next month please

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Are they defending their titles this month? If so, sure.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah they defended them today

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yeah they defended them today

Well, I just woke up, so I didn’t know that. Will add to next month’s poll.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.
I'm enjoying FTR's jerk energy, but gotta go with MCMG suddenly being as good as they were before Sabin's ACL tears, like they never missed a step.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate has the best tag division in the world and it’s not particularly close. Pretty much every person in the company can get thrown together and sleepwalk their way into 3+* match. Lee and Minoura are gelling really well right now as a team, and it how’s my mind the Minoura is only 21 at this point. At the same time, the veteran team of Susumu and Kid were a perfect foil for the younger guys. Easily the best tag match of the month and Lee and Minoura have been representing the Twin Gate titles real well in between their defenses as well.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dragon gate doesn't have dr. luther and serpentico

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Half a day left, and while FTR look to have it locked up, the battle for 2nd is an interesting battle! Will either side prevail?

e: Yes, I know I need a thesaurus.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 5, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragon Gate has the best tag division in the world and it’s not particularly close. Pretty much every person in the company can get thrown together and sleepwalk their way into 3+* match. Lee and Minoura are gelling really well right now as a team, and it how’s my mind the Minoura is only 21 at this point. At the same time, the veteran team of Susumu and Kid were a perfect foil for the younger guys. Easily the best tag match of the month and Lee and Minoura have been representing the Twin Gate titles real well in between their defenses as well.

Fight Island is just not cool enough to appreciate the Dragon Gate styles.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cesaro is handsome, charming and personable playing UNO. Shinsuke Nakamura is a man having fun surfing and hanging with his family.

These are the reasons I voted for them. And they are good reasons.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
FTR indeed clinched the victory (to the surprise of no one), and my efforts to break the tie between Omega/Page and Suziki-gun gave way to an equal number of votes gained. Oh well!

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

If FTR are so good, why aren't they co-world champions.

Checkmate.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Fight Island is just not cool enough to appreciate the Dragon Gate styles.

I subbed for a month, I just don’t have time! It’s awesome wrestling, though. Maybe next year.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Say yeahhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fight Island
Tag Champs for
Real

The answer was in front of us all this time!