Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
^^ok that’s what I thought, tacky and broke brained. Like, not exactly wrong, but come on, join the human race you gently caress.

Thanks

E: I don’t agree 100% with the last two posters, but, broadly speaking, I think they are right. I think if an abstraction helps you understand reality, that’s great, but don’t share it if it is extinction-level of embarrassing.

GlobglogGroAbgalab has a new favorite as of 01:04 on Oct 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/legenette/status/1311424938444693505

op is not the idiot etc

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Anyone using "female" as a noun should be shot out of a canon.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RobrtDwnsySyndrome posted:

Is there an issue here outside of implying that the Holocaust museum is “great” but also “a little heavy”?

Like, the idiocy is simply that the person is tactless as gently caress, right? Or am I missing something deeper?

I blocked out your username, what more do you want from me

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I blocked out your username, what more do you want from me

:laffo:

I think the guy is totally right, and furthermore, let me tell you about the similarities between Joe Biden and Dumbledore—

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Skwirl posted:

Anyone using "female" as a noun should be shot out of a canon.

Especially in the same sentence as "man".

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Elviscat posted:

I'd say the fact that he's comparing a popular fantasy movie with a museum commemorating the real-life enslavement, torture, and execution of millions is a little more than tactless.
Also it brings up the awkward question of why Batman has never asked The Flash to run him back in time so he could fight the Holocaust.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Knormal posted:

Also it brings up the awkward question of why Batman has never asked The Flash to run him back in time so he could fight the Holocaust.
Hitler has the Lance of Longinus. Same reason the Justice Society of America couldn't stop him at the time.

(I am not joking, but that may not be canon anymore because this is a fact I learned before Final Crisis, let alone Flashpoint and the New 52, let alone any retcons since then.)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Knormal posted:

Barry wouldn't do it, because basically the first thing any adaptation of Barry learns after 'I can time travel' is 'I shouldn't time travel'.

But also I bet Batman would have some weirdly over-reasoned explanation for why he'd never do it that suggests he's thought WAY too hard about it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I had a friend lend me a set of comics about a superhero from the future who was kind of poo poo in his own time, so he travels back to the 20th century where his gadgets are super advanced and he can use his knowledge of history to prevent the assassination of the president and such.

He then tries to go further back to start righting historical wrongs, starting with The Killing Joke, but despite his superpowers and knowledge of events, the Joker kicks his rear end and goes right back to torturing Batwoman, no matter how many times he tries to stop him. Eventually Batman figures out what he's trying to do, and pulls him aside and confides that he's already tried all kinds of time travel poo poo, but there are some events that have too much inertia, and any attempt to change them will result in getting your rear end beat, no matter how easily you ought to be able to resolve them.

That's probably the best explanation you'll get, given that "superheroes plum don't care enough to prevent the holocaust" and "meet Adolf Hitler, an official member of the villain gallery who foils the heroes at every turn" are both stories nobody wants.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Lego Batman is the only movie to do the Batman/Joker relationship correctly

and also the best Batman movie

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I had a friend lend me a set of comics about a superhero from the future who was kind of poo poo in his own time, so he travels back to the 20th century where his gadgets are super advanced and he can use his knowledge of history to prevent the assassination of the president and such.

He then tries to go further back to start righting historical wrongs, starting with The Killing Joke, but despite his superpowers and knowledge of events, the Joker kicks his rear end and goes right back to torturing Batwoman, no matter how many times he tries to stop him. Eventually Batman figures out what he's trying to do, and pulls him aside and confides that he's already tried all kinds of time travel poo poo, but there are some events that have too much inertia, and any attempt to change them will result in getting your rear end beat, no matter how easily you ought to be able to resolve them.

That's probably the best explanation you'll get, given that "superheroes plum don't care enough to prevent the holocaust" and "meet Adolf Hitler, an official member of the villain gallery who foils the heroes at every turn" are both stories nobody wants.
That sounds like Booster Gold, alright. DC should really give up on the over-ponderous Justice League franchise , and give Booster and Blue Beetle a chance on the big screen. Just a couple of second-rate losers trying their best.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Couldn't he just go further in the past and get some more costume zingers in?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Gross Dude posted:

Couldn't he just go further in the past and get some more costume zingers in?

If he does that too much then Blue Beetle actually changes his costume, and causes a time paradox.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

There's a pretty bad batman comic where booster gold gets batman the wedding gift of saving his parents from being murdered. it causes a weird post apocalyptic future thing. It's not great.

A good recentish Joker story is Death of the Family, but mostly because the main focus is on Batman and his family.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Or save his parents

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

https://twitter.com/wallofyawn/status/1311439533234298881?s=21

Op is not the idiot, but apparently Ben Garrison isn’t either?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

A ... . good ..... cartoon...???

?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

It's an edit. Garrison is absolutely an idiot.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/lukebuckmaster/status/1311422190592483328?s=21

https://twitter.com/lukebuckmaster/status/1311422995349434368?s=21

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

wow don't doxx tiggum like that

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I, too, cannot compartmentalize fiction and thus confuse it with reality.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
it's apparently a legit issue for some people

see the folks on twitter who send death threats to teens for writing fanfic that treats their favorite characters poorly

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'm not sure where Garrison is going with this.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

that one is also an edit

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I'm glad we have opposite Zyklon Ben now.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

StillFullyTerrible posted:

it's apparently a legit issue for some people

see the folks on twitter who send death threats to teens for writing fanfic that treats their favorite characters poorly

Or the President of the United States who thought Vince McMahon blew up on live TV

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

ultrafilter posted:

I'm not sure where Garrison is going with this.

drat Karl, Barron's only a kid let him go.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Squidster posted:

That sounds like Booster Gold, alright. DC should really give up on the over-ponderous Justice League franchise , and give Booster and Blue Beetle a chance on the big screen. Just a couple of second-rate losers trying their best.

This is obviously Green Lantern.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Data Graham posted:

Or the President of the United States who thought Vince McMahon blew up on live TV

I don't think Trump was that stupid, but IIRC WWE stock did fall after the limousine blew up because the shareholders in a professional wrestling company, in 2007, didn't understand kayfabe.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

TinTower posted:

I don't think Trump was that stupid, but IIRC WWE stock did fall after the limousine blew up because the shareholders in a professional wrestling company, in 2007, didn't understand kayfabe.

Donald Trump Didn't Understand That Vince McMahon Being Blown Up In A Limo Was Fake

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

For the curious, here is the original.

This is pretty representative of his work. Yes, he is an idiot, and yes, that finally landing is shaped like the letter Q.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Speaking of Q

I'll just go die now, thanks.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

ah, dominic deegan logic

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

Speaking of Q

I'll just go die now, thanks.

This is literally a plot point on the Americans though it’s more like grooming a ~16-year-old and having sex with her when she’s 18 or 19

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Oh, Jesus, I didn't know about this. And people mocked Dan Quayle for misspelling "potato".

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/BScottAnderson/status/1311435458014920704

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

TinTower posted:

Oh, Jesus, I didn't know about this. And people mocked Dan Quayle for misspelling "potato".

If it makes you feel better there's also a time where a story had Vince selling WWE to Trump and stocks took a dive because of it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I only butter bread with the finest hanzo steel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

I love how these people fling around terms like "supply and demand" without knowing what they actually mean. Who needs an economics degree when you can google things like "dynamic pricing" and sound like a twat?