Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Grab some manchego at Costco to go with that jamon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Gatts posted:

Michael Jackson: “Jamon! Wooo!”

Weird Al: "Ham on! Ham on whole wheat, all right!"

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Whooping Crabs posted:

Ding Dong, man. Ding Dong. Ding Dong, yo.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

poisonpill posted:

Ham... mites???

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Whooping Crabs posted:

It's "and rye" you absolute buffoon

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Costco had 24 packs of Bell's Oktoberfest and now everyone is happy, huzzah!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

bagmonkey posted:

woah what?!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Ham mites won’t hurt you, they eat the fungus on the outside. I don’t know about Spain but in Italy by law they need to be removed before selling (thus the final deep fry in olive oil step).

In the USA of course we need to aggressively fumigate dry cured hams.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

Last week my Costco had 24 packs of Bell's Double Two Hearted Ale priced at $53.99 for a case. I doubt they'll ever carry that stuff again so I bought two of them. Can't say I feel good about myself for spending over a hundred bucks on beer, but what else am I supposed to do during a pandemic?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Federal law requires Costco to certify that their Serrano Hams are no more than 11% ham mite has anyone seen if they’ve posted the certification for this year anywhere yet

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Remulak posted:

Ham mites won’t hurt you

This guy is definitely a ham mite

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Madison Heights if you're in Metro Detroit. Owns owns owns!!!!!

Jingleheimer posted:

Last week my Costco had 24 packs of Bell's Double Two Hearted Ale priced at $53.99 for a case. I doubt they'll ever carry that stuff again so I bought two of them. Can't say I feel good about myself for spending over a hundred bucks on beer, but what else am I supposed to do during a pandemic?

I buy like three cases of Guinness every March and my girlfriend gives me weird looks every time. It's just a good time to stock up on cheap Guinness sheesh

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

bagmonkey posted:

I buy like three cases of Guinness every March and my girlfriend gives me weird looks every time. It's just a good time to stock up on cheap Guinness sheesh

Lol me and my wife had that exact same argument last year.

My costco stocks the Guinness in the winter so we're probably coming up on time for me to buy another cart full.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
It was September 30 yesterday, so of course all the Christmas stuff was on display. No more dueling banjo skeletons.

Got a flu shot in a tiny room with a giant air purifier and two chairs, labeled "MY SEAT" and "YOUR SEAT" in black marker on white scrap paper. I jokingly said to myself, "hope I don't choose the wrong seat," but after a couple seconds I managed to convince myself there was no correct answer. I stood until the pharmacist came in and motioned to one of the chairs. I won't say which one.

They had the German beer advent calendar, so I picked one up for a friend. They only had like 4 of them left, and I seem to recall hearing it was a pretty good selection. Noticed there seems to be a *much* larger focus on asian food/snacks of late. We have a mini asian foods aisle now, behind the jerky. Salted egg fish skins, egg yolk cookies, shrimp chips, tempura squid snacks... all in one place! Got some shrimp chips for myself (13.5% shrimp!) to put in the "snacks always available for me because nobody else in the house will touch them" cabinet.

My daughter loves the tamales in the fridge section. To her, they're a fantastic breakfast OR lunch food. They're smaller than a frozen burrito and arguably better for you, too. In another time we'd pick up a bunch of them from the tamale lady at the farmer's market, but... global pandemic and all.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

What's the Madison Heights Costco like? I almost applied for a job there but didn't because of the commute. I know a couple people who work at the Livonia location on Haggerty and they have nothing but horrible things to say about it.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

KakerMix posted:

Imagine disgracing yourself on here like you just did. Imagine it. Wow

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Jingleheimer posted:

What's the Madison Heights Costco like? I almost applied for a job there but didn't because of the commute. I know a couple people who work at the Livonia location on Haggerty and they have nothing but horrible things to say about it.

Hit or miss. It's definitely not the worst, but it's extremely busy and full of people who are in their own world. I strongly prefer Bougie Costco (Bloomfield Hills) but it's a little bit of a hike

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

Lol me and my wife had that exact same argument last year.

My costco stocks the Guinness in the winter so we're probably coming up on time for me to buy another cart full.

I mean, you don't have to worry about the hops dropping out of Guinness and changing the flavor, so go hog wild.

I love craft beer, and two hearted is great, but I'd probably be slow enough to notice the difference between bottle 1 and 48. I'm trying to be more responsible, just going for it would probably taste fine.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

fischtick posted:

It was September 30 yesterday, so of course all the Christmas stuff was on display. No more dueling banjo skeletons.

Got a flu shot in a tiny room with a giant air purifier and two chairs, labeled "MY SEAT" and "YOUR SEAT" in black marker on white scrap paper. I jokingly said to myself, "hope I don't choose the wrong seat," but after a couple seconds I managed to convince myself there was no correct answer. I stood until the pharmacist came in and motioned to one of the chairs. I won't say which one.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

bagmonkey posted:

Hit or miss. It's definitely not the worst, but it's extremely busy and full of people who are in their own world. I strongly prefer Bougie Costco (Bloomfield Hills) but it's a little bit of a hike

Livonia Costco is awful and backwards and I hate it. No hard liquor either!!! I go to the Commerce location and it is a nice mix of West Bloomfield douches and Walled Lake rednecks.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Bagel. Bagel. Bagel. Bagel. Bagel. Bagel.

fake edit: Where is that delightful tag from?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Accretionist posted:

Bagel. Bagel. Bagel. Bagel. Bagel. Bagel.

fake edit: Where is that delightful tag from?

Hah. It's unique to me. I made a crack in the mod forum about the proliferation of tags and used ~*~radical bagel krew~*~ as an example of a random tag. Just some dumb bullshit I pulled out of my hat to make a point.

At which point Literally A Bird whipped this up and it was on my av the next time i logged in. I love it.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

KakerMix posted:

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/weirdalyankovic/fat.html

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Cyrano4747 posted:

Hah. It's unique to me. I made a crack in the mod forum about the proliferation of tags and used ~*~radical bagel krew~*~ as an example of a random tag. Just some dumb bullshit I pulled out of my hat to make a point.

At which point Literally A Bird whipped this up and it was on my av the next time i logged in. I love it.

Reminds me of the various GBS sig "armies" from back in the day.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I bought a box of those Stroopwafels yesterday. Warmed one over my coffee cup this morning like the box suggests. Very tasty.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

phosdex posted:

I bought a box of those Stroopwafels yesterday. Warmed one over my coffee cup this morning like the box suggests. Very tasty.

I must be the only one that didn't like these. Even when quite warm the filling was tough and grainy, did not resemble caramel or syrup at all.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Passed on the Stroopwafels and went with the super cheap, $4 box of Biscoff cookies. Funny, I think of both of them as "plane food." My daughter wants to make Biscoff cookie cheesecake, and I keep telling her how bad an idea that is when we have no company to share with. Does cheesecake freeze well?

Also, there's a thing called Biscoff Cookie Butter. We bought it on a whim at some International Store thinking it was some sort of topping *for* Biscoff cookies. Honestly. It sat unopened in our pantry for a few months, then we realized it's actually 'butter' as in peanut butter, only made from the crumbs of Biscoff cookies. So weird. Wasn't sure what to put it on, so we pretty much ate it from the jar. A little goes a long way, so even a tiny jar lasted well over a year.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Rescue Toaster posted:

I must be the only one that didn't like these. Even when quite warm the filling was tough and grainy, did not resemble caramel or syrup at all.

It's not a smooth caramel and the waffle part is relatively firm, but they are nice if you know what to expect.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
keep'em in the freezer in the summer for a nice cool treat

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Rescue Toaster posted:

I can definitely agree with this, but despite that I found the stroopwaffles pretty dang good. I am a fat bastard though and I dunno if I ever heated mine up. I'll have to try that if I ever get them again.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

fischtick posted:

Passed on the Stroopwafels and went with the super cheap, $4 box of Biscoff cookies. Funny, I think of both of them as "plane food." My daughter wants to make Biscoff cookie cheesecake, and I keep telling her how bad an idea that is when we have no company to share with. Does cheesecake freeze well?

I love the Biscoff cookies. Try regular peanut butter between two to make your own nutter butters. For leftover cheesecake, cut off the crust (just eat it) and freeze in chunks, once hard vacuum seal them so they keep. Then you can make a simple slightly sweet batter and do deep fried cheesecake balls.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
yes cheesecake freezes well

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

The Walrus posted:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

The Walrus posted:

It's almost made to be frozen

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

The kirkland super premium vanilla ice cream is indeed legit. Question: is there a chocolate flavor?

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Waterbed Wendy posted:

It's almost made to be frozen

Now that you mention it, I remember when I was a kid a neighbor used to go to NYC sometimes (from Phila.), and she'd bring back a frozen cheesecake from some famous(?) cheesecake place. I'll give the kid the okay once I manage to wrangle up several pounds of cream cheese.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Montreal or NYC though? That's important.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.costco.com/eddie-bauer-plush-sherpa-throw.product.100466803.html

Is that what everybody raves about?

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

I have a Monte & Jardin brand king size comforter that looks a bit like this, that was purchased from the 'co. It's exceedingly warm, but in a duvet now because following the washing instructions greatly pilled up the top surface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Nope. I'm sure it's fine but it's another brand, can't remember.