Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Heya CSPAM I'm your friendly DIY mod here to bring that D.I.Y. energy to you with a punk house thread

First up we have "nobody can afford furniture" special, a favorite of minimalists, just hang up a goddamn bedsheet to watch movies and bring in a stool when your friends want to jam.

On the other end of the spectrum, electic maximalism is in in punk houses, pile up your hoarded poo poo wherever and whenever who needs fire exits when you've got fifty people jammed into your first floor rocking out to music that's so loud you're glad your neighbor's house is a burnt out husk?

Anyway, post your favorite punk houses here while we wait for covid to be over so we can catch the fun diseases instead of the terrifying ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
:firstpost:

twoday
May 4, 2005

preparing a post about dutch floors

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I am a lamewad living in an apartment that was decorated by a drunken sports fan with zero instruments, so it is decidedly un-punk. I do have a metric ton of liquor bottles though, do you recommend strewing those around to increase my punkage, op?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I miss going to my friend's punk house for shows :( it used to be a bunch of apartments, but it's actually one big house. it was straightedge and pretty drat nice for being crummy

miss that car too, it was pretty nice for being a rundown piece of poo poo

Victory Position has issued a correction as of 23:15 on Oct 1, 2020

twoday
May 4, 2005

My toilet room was very decripit and ugly so I spiced it up by buying an old botanical manual at the thrift shop and wheatpasting it up on the walls

now I learn about plants whenever I poop!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

^ aw yiss that's my kind of shitter

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I am a lamewad living in an apartment that was decorated by a drunken sports fan with zero instruments, so it is decidedly un-punk. I do have a metric ton of liquor bottles though, do you recommend strewing those around to increase my punkage, op?

It always helps, a proper punk house should be at least 20% alcohol by volume

unless it's sXe in which case it should be no alcohol but 90% coffee.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
dont rly like punk rock too much, soz. take care everyone & have a great day =P

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

it’s a common misconception that punk houses have to be punk rock. in fact there are many different variations on the punk house and they all produce their own distinct version of punk music! :eng101:

Obviously punk houses in large crowded cities commonly produce the ever classic punk rock, but in Appalachia and across the rust belt you can come across punk farmhouses and doublewides and duplexes producing folk punk. in the suburbs of southern California look for the house with three old volvos out front and a recycling bin full of natty empties and you’re in for a treat, you’ve found the source of pop punk. Head north up the coast and you’ll encounter rural havens of stoner punk before eventually arriving in the suburbs of Seattle, Washington where grunge is commonly produced in punk houses to this very day.

Punk is a genre as diverse as the world we live in, anywhere disaffected youth gather to survive in a world that’s stacked against them, punk is sure to follow!

corgski has issued a correction as of 05:07 on Oct 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

sometimes you run into Ghost Mice :drakeno:

sometimes you run into AJJ :drakeyes: