Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WWE Champions - Click for pictures/details etc.

Raw: WWE Champion Randy Orton | Raw Women's Champion Asuka | United States Champion Bobby Lashley | Tag Champions The New Day | Women’s Tag Champions Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax | 24/7 Champion R-Truth
Smackdown: Universal Champion Roman Reigns | Women’s Champion Sasha Banks | Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn | Tag Champions The Street Profits | Women’s Tag Champions Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax
NXT: NXT Champion Finn Bálor | Women’s Champion Io Shirai | NXT North American Champion Johnny Gargano | Cruiserweight Champion Jordan Devlin | Tag Champions Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch
NXT UK: UK Champion WALTER | Women’s Champion Kay Lee Ray | Tag Team Champions Gallus

Prior Discussion Threads for 2020:
January | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September |

My Favorite WWE Related Posts for 2020:
January | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October

October Results:

Smackdown 10/2 | NXT Takeover 10/4 | Raw 10/5 | NXT 10/7 | Smackdown 10/9 | Raw 10/12 | NXT 10/14 | Smackdown 10/16 | Raw 10/19 | NXT 10/21 | Smackdown 10/23 | Hell in a Cell 10/25 | Raw 10/26 | NXT 10/28 | Smackdown 10/30

WWE In September:
  • Road Warrior Animal died aged 60.
  • Finn Balor became the new NXT Champion by defeating Adam Cole, after they drew a Four-Man 60 Minute Iron Man match the week earlier.
  • The next Takeover, the date of which has been scheduled for months, didn't get mentioned on TV or have any build started for it until 3 weeks before it was set to air.
  • Kyle O'Reilly will be challenging Finn Balor for the NXT title at that Takeover.
  • Austin Theory and Velveteen Dream, both accused of attempting to groom minors, continue to get regular TV time on NXT.
  • The Authors of Pain, recently off the injury list, were fired in the middle of a global pandemic by a company making record profits.
  • WWE tried to shut down wrestlers using 3rd Party Platforms like twitch and cameo, and claimed they owned the wrestlers' actual honest-to-God real names as well. This did not go down well with, well, anybody. The real names part was quietly dropped and many wrestlers simply changed their names on those platforms to their real names instead of the WWE owned trademarks.
  • Vince McMahon failed to make the Forbes 400 list of the richest people in America, because he blew a gigantic stack of money on trying to run the XFL again.
  • Whatever bump that THUNDERDOME gave to the ratings quickly faded, with each hour of Raw now regularly under 2 million viewers.
  • Thanks to sports, NXT and AEW spent a couple of weeks in September running on different nights or otherwise unopposed by the other show on Wednesday's. NXT managed to lift up to around the 800k mark during one of these, while AEW broke a million viewers. Questions started to be asked about NXT moving to Tuesdays, though at this current time it seems set to remain locked into place on Wednesdays.
  • Keith Lee spent the month losing to Randy Orton by DQ, going to a no-contest with Drew McIntyre, and losing to Drew McIntyre by DQ before finally beating Andrade to end the month. His main roster music and gear continues to be much worse than what he had in NXT.
  • There was a COVID-19 breakout within NXT. Apparently a large number of people at NXT got the disease, but of course WWE never acknowledged or referenced this at all beyond saying some people were "not medically cleared". Nikki Cross, Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler all missed Clash of Champions despite being booked to be on the show, but no specific reasons were given for why.
  • Cedric Alexander joined The Hurt Business, beat up Ricochet and Apollo Crews a lot, and then missed the last Raw of the month, with MVP claiming he was in training but people suspecting it may have been COVID related in some way.
  • Vigilante anti-WWE group (and bullshit antifa parody) Retribution signed WWE contracts and revealed their names to be T-Bar (Dominik Dijakovic), Mace (Dio Maddin) and Slapjack (Shane Haste), with the two female members apparently called Retaliation (Mercedes Martinez) and Reckoning (Mia Yim). Reactions to this online appear to have been largely disbelief mixed with uncontrollable laughter.
  • Retribution lost their first ever official match when one of the the guys in the match broke up a submission attempt on his partner when Bobby Lashley wouldn't break it despite being against the ropes... and Retribution got DQed.
  • The Miz is suing Otis for beating him up, and claims he will drop the suit if Otis gives up the Money in the Bank briefcase.
  • Alexa Bliss is now apparently brainwashed or obsessed with The Fiend Bray Wyatt.
  • There was a bizarre ending to an Asuka/Mickie James title match, where the ref suddenly called off a match claiming a clearly shocked Mickie had tapped out. Evidently he believed she was knocked out/injured.
  • Aleister Black now wears a weird contact lens in one eye and has terrible new music. He has also lost every single match he has had for the last 3 months, except for one match in July against Buddy Murphy which he won... by DQ.
  • Bray Wyatt introduced a new member of the Firefly Funhouse: Wobbly Walrus. It is a clear and unbelievably lovely parody of Paul Heyman.
  • BIG E's supposed singles push involves him stuck in a feud with Sheamus.
  • Sami Zayn spent the month insisting he was the real Intercontinental Champion while commentators claimed he stopped showing up to work for six months "for some reason" (the global loving pandemic). Then Sami finally got to have a match against Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles and beat them, then had a ladder match at Clash of Champions and beat them again, and insisted he hadn't won the title, he had retained it.
  • Asuka defeated Zelina Vega clean by submission at Clash of Champions. They then had a rematch due to <FILE NOT FOUND> the next night on Raw, where Asuka defeated Zelina Vega clean by submission.
  • Universal Champion Roman Reigns successfully defended the title at Clash of Champions against Jey Uso, after savagely beating his cousin down to the point that Jimmy Uso threw in the towel.
  • Bayley and Sasha, the best double-act in WWE, broke up when Bayley savagely beat Sasha. Bayley refused to apologize for this, saying Sasha would have tried to turn on her if she hadn't done it first, while Sasha declared she was now dedicated to ruining Bayley's life and getting the title off of her.
  • Rey Mysterio's family have been stuck in unbelievably lovely segments with Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy that defy belief. The last involved Seth Rollins revealing the 32-year-old Buddy Murphy sending text messages to the 19-year-old Aalyah Mysterio, a couple days after allegations were made that 70-year-old Jerry Lawler was sending DMs to a 16-year-old. This segment was hosted by... Jerry Lawler.
  • A big Raw Underground match between Dabba-Kato and Braun Strowman was built up, finally happened and Braun just quickly beat Dabba clean and then disappeared from TV. Raw Underground also just wasn't on or mentioned at all in the last Raw of the month.
  • Bobby Roode returned and lost a title match against WWE Champion Drew McIntyre.
  • Drew McIntyre defeated Randy Orton in an Ambulance Match at Clash of Champions when Big Show, Christian, HBK and Ric Flair came back for revenge on Orton. On Raw, in an insanely terrible closing segment to the show, Orton snuck into an arena he hadn't been kicked out of in disguise, put on welding goggles that were supposed to be night-vision, turned off the lights in Big Show, Christian, HBK and Flair's luxury lounge and a lot of bad sound effects played and the lights came back on with the guys all lying on the ground. Orton put his disguise back on ON CAMERA and then managed to walk away without the guys who just watched him on screen putting the disguise back on realizing who he was.

Thread title:

ChrisBTY posted:

Mood. But also I can't just 'not read the recaps' because even being vaguely cognizant of the existence of this poo poo angers me beyond reason. Fox, USA, stop...stop giving them loving money. Wrestlers...I know this is your dream and all but...it's dead, it's dead and I'm sorry and I wish the best for you even if I don't care about you as a performer. I know for a lot of you that despite everything these are still the greatest moments of your lives but...most of you deserve better greatest moments of your lives. Just...try giving a crap about yourselves. And stop empowering this vulgar ball of hell-phlegm in the guise of a business venture. McMahon family and associated bootlicks just...you know what? Can't even go there. Just gently caress you.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Reserved for my favorite WWE-related posts for the month

Momentary posted:

He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Dog.

karmicknight posted:

Kurt Angle is more of a Ship of Theseus to me.

Luigi Thirty posted:

WWE shut down AJ's Twitch, Fightful has a transcript of Paige's Twitch stream tonight

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/paige-wwe-taking-away-twitch-i-had-my-neck-taken-away-twice-you-can-t-take-my-twitch

quote:

There may be a time where I have to stop streaming. I'll have to walk away. If I have to leave, we have to make today and Saturday loving crazy. I've honestly gotten to the point where I cannot deal with this company anymore. Now I have to make a very important decision. I'm loving tired, man. I broke my loving neck twice, twice for this company. Over loving worked. I broke my loving neck twice for this company. They don't realize that this community isn't about subs. We build a community and family where this is an escape for a lot of people, including myself. I can't wrestle anymore. I was worked so hard in WWE that I can't wrestle anymore because my neck is hosed. My whole dreams got taken away. I had to have something that fulfilled that huge loving void that I lost with wrestling. I couldn't wrestle anymore, something I lived and breathed since I was a fetus, and it got ripped away from me. I had to find something that I could fill a little bit of that and Twitch was a wonderful thing for me. It's such a wonderful place for me.

njsykora posted:

If you thought past WWE documentaries were whitewashing, you're gonna loving love this one!
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1321922316146778117

quote:

Pylons posted:

RAW STAR UNDERGOES NAME CHANGE

Matt Riddle is now just "Riddle".

MotU posted:

Riddle me this
Riddle me that
Someone arrest the rapist named Matt

Mage_Boy posted:

This is what happens Jey. This is what happens when you wrestle a Roman in a cage.

Silly Burrito posted:

"He's my big dog, I have to do this."

quote:

Seams posted:

Vince demanded they hire "that tall green guy"

CopywrightMMXI posted:

They’ve had tons of tall green guys over the years.

Dimebags Brain posted:

OMG, Pat Mcafee, WTF, thought he was dead LOL.

ChrisBTY posted:

There are some people, not a lot, but some people who simply belong in WWE. Baron is one of them. Dude basically has the comfiest chair in hell and it's not like not-WWE is Heaven.

Lid posted:

They are a sinking ship and they are throwing any and every idea out trying to find a life raft but instead are crabs in a boiling pot.

quote:

STAC Goat posted:

Is it just me or does breaking off Big E from the New Day and having him go from a fun tag wrestler to a serious solo wrestler sound like the storyline is "Big E's depressed"?

CarlCX posted:

"Internet wrestling fans just don't appreciate the WWE's long-term storytelling" I cry from the pile of nazi paraphernalia my ex left at my house as the show format changes drastically on a month to month basis with no explanation

Blaise330 posted:

To everyone who is confused (including several reviewers and brian alvarez) the draft doesn't kick in until Hell in a Cell so dont freak out about every tiny cross brand match before then.

quote:

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

I'm blinded by growing up in the Attitude Era when everyone had one finisher for years and it usually won, so I love the Stunner, the Rock's Bottom, and the Jackhammer

MassRafTer posted:

We all love The Rock's Bottom but we have banned horny posting on these forums :(

quote:

Senerio posted:

Davros1 posted:

God, I PRAY there was an editor for this thing
Oh no no no

Neodoomium posted:

WWE has gone from "Absolutely zero video games backstage under penalty of death" to "You all are mandated to play video games on stream from home when we tell you to under penalty of death"

Pylons posted:

There are only downsides to posting in WWE threads

Benne posted:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2..._medium=twitter

quote:

Wrestling Inc. has learned that Vince McMahon sent an email to talent this week reminding them that they have until this Friday, October 2nd, to sever any unauthorized business relationships with third parties. It was noted that talent who fail to comply could be fined, suspended or terminated.

As Wrestling Inc. first exclusively reported in September, McMahon issued an edict instructing talent that they can no longer engage with third parties. The company later clarified the edict, stating that talent could maintain Twitch and YouTube accounts under their real names, however they would still need to inform the company of those accounts.

Wrestling Inc. has also learned that talent were told this week that the company will be taking control of their Twitch accounts in four weeks. WWE will own those accounts, however talent will receive a percentage of the revenue, which counts against their downside guarantees.

Former Democratic Presidential candidate Andrew Yang openly criticized the edict when it was first revealed last month, and said that he would take action if Joe Biden were to be elected President. Yang spoke with Wrestling Inc. recently about why he feels that WWE has been able to get away with some of their labor practices.

"A lot of it is that wrestlers are afraid to speak out, and I've had wrestlers past and present reach out to me and say that Vince has been getting away with exploitation of wrestlers calling them independent contractors while controlling their activities for years and years," Yang said. "A lot of it is just that they are a quasi-monopoly, and wrestlers fear that if they do try and unionize or organize in any way that Vince doesn't like, that it will never work again."

We have reached out to WWE and will provide any updates, and will provide updates if we receive any.

I'm sure this will go over well

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 31, 2020

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Now you can commemorate one of the greatest WWE title reigns of all time. But act fast, supplies are limited

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://m.facebook.com/DirtSheetRadio/posts/370159347683853

Tessa training with Sasha?

Just posted today.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Tato posted:

Now you can commemorate one of the greatest WWE title reigns of all time. But act fast, supplies are limited

is this just a lovely 3d print

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

gronk retired, found cbd, got a grip of money from wwe to do almost nothing, and then got a grip of money from the bucs to do almost nothing

i live in pats country and thought he was a meathead but he might be a loving genius

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Slap-jack

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Critical posted:

gronk retired, found cbd, got a grip of money from wwe to do almost nothing, and then got a grip of money from the bucs to do almost nothing

i live in pats country and thought he was a meathead but he might be a loving genius

Him and his family also have a company called GRONK FITNESS which isn't particularly related but I do find very funny.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

New thread? gently caress WWE

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Friend and friends, I am so excited to have this announced shortly whenever AEW announces their second show and the day and time for it each week.

This will be quality programming I have no doubts. None whatsoever!

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1311704802091577347?s=21

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
NXT will now have a brand split with a second show so that oh wait that's just NXT UK

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

This is in the upper ranks of the most validated I've ever felt. Right up there with when Ronnie Filyaw of Whomp! fame did a comic based on a tweet I sent him.
Also my friends and I once gave Gronk the distinction of being 'the smartest dumb guy in the room' so none of this surprises me.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Holy poo poo wwe creating a 2nd nxt just to counter program aew is the most shook I've ever seen them.

I don't know if yall have ever watched the Monday night wars DVD but wwe did all these interviews saying they never once worried about what wcw was doing and just focused on having their best show. The argument presented was that wcw did worry and that's why they lost. I wonder if they can even see the irony.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ICR posted:

Friend and friends, I am so excited to have this announced shortly whenever AEW announces their second show and the day and time for it each week.

This will be quality programming I have no doubts. None whatsoever!

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1311704802091577347?s=21

They are on a sinking ship but BAH GAWD every last moment they have left will be spent on spite broadcasting and destroying anything not McMahon. I remember a quote from somewhere that went "they would burn the world if it meant they could be king of the ashes".

WWE sucks so bad

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shard posted:

Holy poo poo wwe creating a 2nd nxt just to counter program aew is the most shook I've ever seen them.

I don't know if yall have ever watched the Monday night wars DVD but wwe did all these interviews saying they never once worried about what wcw was doing and just focused on having their best show. The argument presented was that wcw did worry and that's why they lost. I wonder if they can even see the irony.

Nope. They've long since talked themselves out of any notion of personal flaws.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Warner is gonna put the second AEW show on HBO Max, WWE responds by renaming the WWE Network to WWE NXTWork.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

posting in the wwe thread to say wwe have done more damage to professional wrestling than painkillers

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My new work colleague is a WWE fan :gonk:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

Perhaps this is an opportunity to introduce them to...alternative choices?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

Show them Tanahashi and/or Taichi

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

I have one of these too. It's like a a weird mirror reality to talk to him about wrestling.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

When Kenny Omega gets new coworkers who are wwe fans he shows them Ishii vs. Shibata

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
where's the champion of the month poll coward j-ru

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

KungFu Grip posted:

where's the champion of the month poll coward j-ru

Not needed, the champion was clearly the King of Pro Wrestling Toru Yano

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

Not needed, the champion was clearly the King of Pro Wrestling Toru Yano

Someone post the moxley picture

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Shard posted:

Someone post the moxley picture

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Critical posted:

Gronk supposedly never spent a dime of his NFL salary, only living off of his endorsement deals. You're not the only one who thinks he's had a drat good plan.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Miro revealed on the AEW pod that instead of being a sex addict, Vince had originally pitched the idea Rusev would have erectile dysfunction to... Get Heat?

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Spiderdrake posted:

Miro revealed on the AEW pod that instead of being a sex addict, Vince had originally pitched the idea Rusev would have erectile dysfunction to... Get Heat?

"sorry honey, it's a rusev day :("

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Spiderdrake posted:

Their relationship lives rent free in Vince's head.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

JT Smiley posted:

Their relationship lives rent free in Vince's head.
It’s really quite something

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Vince absolutely brain rotted xenophobic mind cant wrap his head around Miro and Lana being a thing

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I like WWE a lot. At least Smackdown, and when Hurt Business is on RAW, or anything in any of their women’s divisions. To me their highs are very high and the lows suck but it’s better to just not watch the parts you don’t like, for me at least.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Seems like a lot of wrestlers were given ultimatums and are making public personal twitters for streaming and other things as well as their wrestling accounts. Saw Dakota Kai and Killian Dain making and promoting new accounts. Unless its just that circle doing it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I saw that! Yeah, didn’t have a choice I’m guessing. Such is life with the E.

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1311795487251591168?s=21

drat, can’t believe this ethical place really is doing this I am shocked.

A company ruled by its politics I love it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2..._medium=twitter

quote:

Wrestling Inc. has learned that Vince McMahon sent an email to talent this week reminding them that they have until this Friday, October 2nd, to sever any unauthorized business relationships with third parties. It was noted that talent who fail to comply could be fined, suspended or terminated.

As Wrestling Inc. first exclusively reported in September, McMahon issued an edict instructing talent that they can no longer engage with third parties. The company later clarified the edict, stating that talent could maintain Twitch and YouTube accounts under their real names, however they would still need to inform the company of those accounts.

Wrestling Inc. has also learned that talent were told this week that the company will be taking control of their Twitch accounts in four weeks. WWE will own those accounts, however talent will receive a percentage of the revenue, which counts against their downside guarantees.

Former Democratic Presidential candidate Andrew Yang openly criticized the edict when it was first revealed last month, and said that he would take action if Joe Biden were to be elected President. Yang spoke with Wrestling Inc. recently about why he feels that WWE has been able to get away with some of their labor practices.

"A lot of it is that wrestlers are afraid to speak out, and I've had wrestlers past and present reach out to me and say that Vince has been getting away with exploitation of wrestlers calling them independent contractors while controlling their activities for years and years," Yang said. "A lot of it is just that they are a quasi-monopoly, and wrestlers fear that if they do try and unionize or organize in any way that Vince doesn't like, that it will never work again."

We have reached out to WWE and will provide any updates, and will provide updates if we receive any.

I'm sure this will go over well

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

That is incredibly ghoulish.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

What a poo poo company.

Reminds me of the story Hulk Hogan told about being in the AWA, when he began printing up Hogan shirts on his own, and selling them, and Verne Gagne demanded 50% of the profits.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 2, 2020

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

loving carny motherfuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Fuuuuuck this bloated sack of poo poo company.

Image taken from the FaceApp Thread.