Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VideoGames posted:

Today I finished Hollow Knight! :) That is one game down out of that tremendous list in my earlier post. Going to keep on playing and making headways in the others!

:toot:

That's one that I really want to finish, not the least because Stux constantly yells about how good it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

Did you finish it or did you finish it?

I somehow managed to do the first good ending - but I watched the super good ending after spending a few hours in godhome and realising that I am not that good. :D That last boss was very, VERY tough, but I did it. The hyper version though? nah. Nope.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I somehow managed to do the first good ending - but I watched the super good ending after spending a few hours in godhome and realising that I am not that good. :D That last boss was very, VERY tough, but I did it. The hyper version though? nah. Nope.

I only meant the radiance, I haven't even done godhome it's insane

So good show!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'll update this list more tomorrow.
My list right now is
Switch: Okami, Megaman 9, Megaman 10, The Messanger, Unravelled

PC: Othercide, Assassin's Creed Origin, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Duskers, FTL(beat it with at least every ship.), Trine 4, Torchlight 2, tonight we riot, night in the woods, white door, a short hike

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 27, 2020

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

VideoGames posted:

So you managed to get through the White Palace and everything?

But yeah, gently caress Godhome. I don't mind hard bosses but having a hard boss at the end of a 40 boss gauntlet? Forget it.

That's my biggest criticism of Hollow Knight. It's a beautifully atmospheric game and yet all the extra content is geared exclusively to "git gud" masochists and even the best normal ending is gated behind the game essentially going "gently caress you. You're playing Super Meat Boy now."

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
My big complaint about Hollow Knight is the over-reliance on sword flapping. Any boss, regardless on what they are requires minutes of sword flappage and it never feels like you are making descisive blows, that's why I like to equip the Nailmaster's glory and do lots of special attacks and concentrate my other charms on different things.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

So you managed to get through the White Palace and everything?

Yep! Only because it was platforming and no combat. Platforming is the genre I grew up with as a kid and my most favourite style of game. That with the hive charm meant that I could make the occasional mistake and heal.

I did not do path of pain though! haha

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

That's Pillars of Eternity 2 completed. Overall way better than the first game, and the turn based combat was a lot of fun all the way through.

I kind of... didn't like the final confrontation at the end? It makes sense that I wouldn't be able to fight Eothas or do anything like that, and honestly it kind of felt like talking to him didn't do much to change his mind except for one "Oh yeah you make a good point, yeah i'll do something about that" *continues to break the wheel of reincarnation*. I suppose that was Obsidian biting off a little bit more they could chew, but as far as PCRPGs go this was pretty solid the whole way through.

I ended up siding with the Huana and was all sorts of gay for Tekehu. I hope Pillars 1 gets a remaster so I can see what it's like doing a fresh game as a completely evil bastard and siding with the Principi at the end.

JohnnyBme
Aug 21, 2020
I'm not sure what toxxing means and I need to lurk more.

I want to finish the most notable games (for me) of this year before going back to older games in the backlog.

Games I already finished: Doom Eternal, Ghost Of Tsushima
I'm playing 1993 Doom now, so I'll finish that before coming back to 2020 games, the third mission is sure hard on ultra-violent.

I want to play these games:
Ori and the Will of The Wisps
Superhot Mind Control Delete
Samurai Jack Battle Through Time
Death Stranding (it's 2020 for PC, but I need to upgrade mine to play it well enough, should be in a few weeks after Nvidia new cards come out).

these games:
Nioh 2
Resident Evil 3
Paper Mario: The Origami King
Serious Sam 4
Crash Bandicoot 4

I'm probably not going to play since I want to play their previous titles.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Haven't managed to finish anything backlog lately, but also haven't been gaming as much. Currently working on AC: Odyssey. I'm one chapter 7 of 10, but closer to 50% in terms of total completion of the base game. I am aiming for the Plat since only one or two easy trophies were out of the way from 100% ingame completion, which is my usual plan. I have the DLC, but will probably take a break after the main game since my game time is already 90 hours.

I'm also working on Ghost Trick for the DS as an easy relaxation thing. It's super good. Also still plugging away at the 100 endings for The 25th Ward, only like 50 more to go. The final DLC for Control drops next week, so that will interrupt things too.

Oh, I did sneak in a playthrough of Battlefront 2 and enough multiplayer to get a feel for it. Story was 5 or 6 hours and I played about as much multi. It was all fine. My goto multiplayer remains GBO2 however.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

JohnnyBme posted:

I'm not sure what toxxing means and I need to lurk more.

:toxx: is a forums pledge to do something, or receive a ban if you don't perform.

You can also call out any posters who claim they're about to do something by quoting them and posting :toxx:, if they don't perform, they get banned.

All of this is only enforced if it's actually funny.

hth

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Yeah toxxes are in kind of a weird limbo right now anyway with the site ownership situation. Any failed toxxes will probably not be processed until the sale is complete. Any changes on that front and I'll make a new post.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
My :toxx: deadline is rapidly approaching, and I'm maybe six hours into Atelier Ayesha. It's clicking with me a little more than it was initially. I probably have another 15-20 hours to go by end of month...it should be close!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

DC Murderverse posted:

And I beat The Outer Wilds with about 21 hours to spare!

https://twitter.com/nickostrem/status/1266996932431446017

It really is such a wonderful game, I've definitely never played anything like it. It's sort of a cross between Metroid Prime and a detective game, and the intricacies of the design of the world and how fluid it is to get around are really astounding. Plus there's no killing things, it's all tools and exploration and puzzle-solving. I cannot wait to see what that team does next, or if someone goes out there and tries to top it. I just hope it doesn't take as long to make the second time around.

Now watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIK2uceHow8&t=555s

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I cut it close, but I just finished Atelier Ayesha. Feels good. Now for those pesky final fantasies that aren't #14

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Finished the second Control DLC. I enjoyed it, but its very much what you would expect from a second DLC almost a year after the game. Didn't clear up any lingering plot threads, but there weren't a tonne left after the previous DLC. Mostly a setup for a sequel and/or a new Alan Wake game. It also includes some hilariously OP new mods and a truly game breakup power upgrade.

Otherwise, I feel like the rest of this is a repeat of last time. Still playing Ghost Trick on the side, but only done a chapter further.

AC: Odyssey I am still on chapter 7, but like 25 hours later. Just one more main questline/map region left until I can actually move on to Chapter 8. To be fair, I also cleared out most of the remaining non-plot related islands and territories, as well as finished half the Artifact Questline. This game is pushing absurd levels of content, particularly if you are going for 100% completion/Platinum, which I am because I am broken with no life. I'm still absolutely having fun, its just remarkable how much crap there is to do.

I hit the original level cap of 50 at about the halfway point of the game, and am already at 61 of 70 for the revised level cap from one of the expansions. Apparently they moved the cap to 99 at some point, but even when you hit it you still can gain more skill points. At 50 you also get access to a whole bunch of overpower levels (literally hundreds) that you can spend your skill points on instead of skill levels. I will have every single skill I want (All passives, 8 melee skills, 4 range skills) at maximum level by 67 thanks to the bonus skill points scattered around the map. I suspect I will hit mid 80s by endgame (at least) and who knows what during the 6 DLC.

At 115 hours so far thats only 25 hours short of my entire playthrough of Witcher 3 + DLC, which while I didn't Plat did do roughly 100% ingame completion on Deathmarch. Most likely I will hit 150 before the end of the main game, at which point I am taking a huge break before doing the first 3 DLC, which will also take me to the remaining map areas to finish off the Plat. I have done 100% ingame for literally every AC game since the first, excluding the mobile and portable titles, and this is just kinda... way too loving much. Origins wasn't nearly this bad, I don't think I even crossed 90 hours for my 100% ingame plus DLC playthrough. DLC4-6.. who the hell knows. Certainly getting my $25 worth though.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Sep 1, 2020

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
While I usually run out of steam to plat AC games, I do greatly enjoy the density of them in ways that surprise me every iteration.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I'm going to forgive myself for Xenoblade Chronicles. Three times over the past decade I've picked up this game, gotten sucked in for about 20 hours and then completely lost all motivation. This time I got further, to the snow area, but I can't be bothered. Maybe I'll get back to it later.

Instead I want to play games that I enjoy. :toxx: to finish the main story of Dragon Quest Builders 2 before the end of September.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Well I did it, I finished the base game of Assassin's Creed Odyssey with all areas 100% clear, except for the 3 areas where the first 3 DLC take place. Final time was 150 hours almost exactly and I hit Level 70 (first revised level cap) with the XP from the final epologue mission. I got the best ending.

Overall I enjoyed it, but the bloat was real. It never stopped being fun, and I was massively overpowered pretty quickly. I really didn't run into any of the complaints people have about assassination being weak. Only the very highest level enimies could survive a critical assassination by about midgame, and they would usually have only a tiny bit of health left which an Overpower combo or Rage of the Bloodline would clean up nicely. I didn't even use that engraving that gives you double damage at the expense of quarter max health, since it would have made the game far too easy. Played on hard with the default level scaling for the record.

If I did get caught in open combat my Warrior gear slot would get applied and I would be practically invincible unless there was like 6 enemies at once. Toward endgame I absolutely was fighting off entire forts, the reinforcements and whatever mercenaries would show up. For fun. I didn't use much Hunter build, but it is broken quite frankly and that was more or a personal challenge.

I don't quite have the Plat yet, but the first 3 DLC will take me to the remaining areas which should be all I need for it. Started the first one already, seems pretty quickly paced compared to the base game. I know all about the controversy and don't care to dredge it up, gonna play it anyway since I paid for it and this is the obsessive game completion/write off thread.

Oh I also played through CoD WW2. It was okay. The story was kinda dumb and seemed to confused as to whether fighting for personal glory or sacrifice for the greater good was more noble. Even after it seemingly settled on the latter. I did somewhat enjoy the banter between the characters, and the gunplay was good as always. I didn't so any multi, just the story and moved on.

Next up I am playing Knack.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I finished Builders 2! The third chapter kind of drags but overall it was a good time.

https://twitter.com/fragranthills/status/1305671915005120513?s=20

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How do ya’ll choose what game to play?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

bowmore posted:

like...generally or specifically for this?

Zushio
May 8, 2008

bowmore posted:

I like to get black out drunk, then whatever game is downloaded when I sober up thats the new game.

Related beat Knack 1 and 2.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You’ll all be pleased to hear that I’m making progress in Pillars of Eternity, roleplaying as a member of the ruthless and expedient paladin order, thereby justifying my need to skip most sidequests so I can sort of speedrun through the game

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Ok Im officialy abandoning ever bothering to finish Assassins Creed Rogue, buuut I will get through DOOM 2016 by 10/20.
EDIT: Actually gently caress that, I forgot how goddamn annoying it is to even be able to get to the settings menu, like who the gently caress puts it two menus deep after 4 different loads? Also unskippable production credits is some horseshit.
I'll finish Witcher 3 instead, I really don't want to deal with DOOM anymore.

Dreadwroth2 fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 7, 2020

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Dreadwroth2 posted:

Ok Im officialy abandoning ever bothering to finish Assassins Creed Rogue, buuut I will get through DOOM 2016 by 10/20.
EDIT: Actually gently caress that, I forgot how goddamn annoying it is to even be able to get to the settings menu, like who the gently caress puts it two menus deep after 4 different loads? Also unskippable production credits is some horseshit.
I'll finish Witcher 3 instead, I really don't want to deal with DOOM anymore.

Finishing AC: Rogue, or 100%ing it? The AC games are long, but going to 100% in any Ubisoft open world game is a goddamn mess.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I switched to Witcher 3.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Dreadwroth2 posted:

I switched to Witcher 3.

The Switcher 3.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:siren::siren:I'm going to stop running this at the end of 2020 -- Any toxxes from here on out should have an end date of 12/31/20 or earlier:siren::siren:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ban me if I don't finish 13 Sentinels this weekend :toxx:

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Bold

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

It is done.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Congrats!

Bluehay
Aug 3, 2008
I'm giving up on Super Mario 64. After attempting it several times on emulator throughout the years and now in 3D All Stars, I just can't deal with the clunky camera and controls. I love Mario, but I'll leave that one to people who grew up with it and can love it enough to look past its many flaws.

As a Toxx, I vow to finish Death Stranding by the end of the year! I've spent far too long avoiding spoilers just to "play it some day", the time has come.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Welp since I got distracted by apartment hunting Im not going to make my toxx date. Is the SA shop totally in Jeffery's hands now? I dont want to give RICHARD any of my money when I rereg.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Dreadwroth2 posted:

Welp since I got distracted by apartment hunting Im not going to make my toxx date. Is the SA shop totally in Jeffery's hands now? I dont want to give RICHARD any of my money when I rereg.

Yeah, once the store opens back up the money will be going to the site.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Finished Pillars of Eternity 1... by setting the difficulty to Super EZ and rushing through the main plot. The ending slides were... not as mean as I expected.

And I'll be doing the same for Pillars of Eternity 2!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pillars of Eternity 2 defeated!

But I vow to replay it very soon. I only scratched the surface, and there were so many enticing threads that I opted to skip due to the nature of my playthrough.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Another tough game can be crossed off my list!

Bloodborne is hoonted! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Congrats! Quite the feat!