Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMuv7wDvr44

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
oh boy.

we've already got enough posters around here who believe satire doesn't exist

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
a good trilogy for halloween this year is videodrome, they live, then escape from new york

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SmokaDustbowl posted:

a good trilogy for halloween this year is videodrome, they live, then escape from new york
hell yeah

i really want to setup maybe a pos/spam movie-watch night every fri (or sat) around midnight for the month of october watching 2spooky movies but i have no idea how to setup a twitch-like system where i can do and stream it with a chat. maybe discord streaming? or can you do a private twitch stream without them cracking down?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Xaris posted:

hell yeah

i really want to setup maybe a pos/spam movie-watch night every fri (or sat) around midnight for the month of october watching 2spooky movies but i have no idea how to setup a twitch-like system where i can do and stream it with a chat. maybe discord streaming? or can you do a private twitch stream without them cracking down?

https://psp-tv.com

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
no one should watch videodrome over ExistenZ

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
unless it’s to know that James Woods used to be attractive

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
gratzi :tipshat: i'll take a look

is that the node.js setup though that requires people to do some weird plugin on their browser or is it pretty seemless?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Xaris posted:

gratzi :tipshat: i'll take a look

is that the node.js setup though that requires people to do some weird plugin on their browser or is it pretty seemless?

i have no idea what hosting is like, but it's just browser based synced video and chat for everyone else, no plugins

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Xaris posted:

hell yeah

I posted about TwoSeven (online video sharing with optional webcam/audio for participants)

https://twoseven.xyz/

a while back, it's a bit Open Source to set up / use but I tested it and it seemed to work OK. You can even play from your Plex app with a bit of tinkering.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
finished last ep of raised by wolves s1 last night and welp lol

my wife got very angry

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
are smart computers people? I say this: yes, they are. and they shouldn’t come kill me in their inevitable uprising because I support synth rights.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I say: suffer not the silica animus to live for ruin shall be its purpose.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/TheSimpsons/status/1311480290271879169

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
32 seasons and still going strong

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Schadenboner posted:

I say: suffer not the simpsons to live for ruin shall be its purpose.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

FMguru posted:

32 seasons and still going strong

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
i also just discovered there's a futurama equivalent of the simpsons' frinkiac: https://morbotron.com/

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

i also just discovered there's a futurama equivalent of the simpsons' frinkiac: https://morbotron.com/

oh yeah it's great

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

oh yeah it's great

i watched that episode the other day and it is so good

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is there a definitive watch/skip list for Futurama?

I feel like I've tried to do watch-throughs of it but once I get to the ones where they make "Movies" (that were p.clearly just three or four epis taped together) I get real :flaccid: real quick?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

the zoidberg planet national anthem being the kirk/spock fight music is a nice touch

Schadenboner posted:

Is there a definitive watch/skip list for Futurama?

I feel like I've tried to do watch-throughs of it but once I get to the ones where they make "Movies" (that were p.clearly just three or four epis taped together) I get real :flaccid: real quick?

just watch up to the opera, which is a really nice and sweet ending for the series.

all the other stuff is bonus features

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sagebrush posted:

the zoidberg planet national anthem being the kirk/spock fight music is a nice touch

just watch up to the opera, which is a really nice and sweet ending for the series.

all the other stuff is bonus features

Devil Went Down To Fryland or whatever?

That one gave me v.legit feels IIRC?

Also the one with the rock doggo.

:(

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

The Fool posted:

this

there is no author that is capable of writing a non-cringe sex scene and they all should just fade to black

Chuck Tingle?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there are very few futurama episodes that are straight up bad and even those have a couple of decent jokes in them

but yeah, almost all the candidates are after the first cancellation

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I can’t re-watch Jurassic bark

and I usually skip the movies, but the only one that’s actually bad is beast with a billion backs

most of the post-cancelation episode are ok, but there are far fewer good ones

the actual-final-final episode is good and can be watched independently of anything else in the post-cancellation era

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Was there one where the delivery company explodes and Fry is dead but they get one from an alternate reality where Lela and him hooked up based on a coin flip or some poo poo?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

Was there one where the delivery company explodes and Fry is dead but they get one from an alternate reality where Lela and him hooked up based on a coin flip or some poo poo?

your mixing up a couple episodes

farnsworth parabox is a good one and has the coin-flip alternate dimension

fry being dead might have been from the first post-movie episode

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

The Fool posted:

I'm probably conflating from around the time I started losing interest in the binge?

:shrug:

E: Based on reviews of later seasons, I remain convinced that stopping my GoT watch with the season that ended with dragon lady on the ships or some poo poo was exactly the correct decision.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Fool posted:

maybe The Sting, where fry dies and leela thinks he's not really dead and slowly goes crazy and it was all a hallucination

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

I'M A DOCTOR!!!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

haveblue posted:

maybe The Sting, where fry dies and leela thinks he's not really dead and slowly goes crazy and it was all a hallucination

Was that the space honey one?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yes

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Schadenboner posted:

Was that the space honey one?

yeah that one was really good

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

the futurama movie where everything is D&D was really good and i love it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHlHF8UHT5Y

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

rotor posted:

...Disenchantment?

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

haveblue posted:

oh yeah, that’s a good one too

rotor posted:

Benders Game, probably the best of the movies