Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

rotor posted:

the futurama movie where everything is D&D was really good and i love it

this was also the premise behind a borderlands 2 expansion, and it was weirdly fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

infernal machines posted:

this was also the premise behind a borderlands 2 expansion, and it was weirdly fun

agreed, that was a good one

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the luck of the fryrish got me teary-eyed when it first came out

my brother and i fought a lot and we werent friends back then, but we're friends now :unsmith:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Carthag Tuek posted:

bender finally obtaining john larroquettes' spine was powerfully moving

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Carthag Tuek posted:

my brother and i fought a lot and we werent friends back then, but we're friends now :unsmith:

big samesies. love it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The Fool posted:

Benders Game, probably the best of the movies

https://i.imgur.com/QIBBUWo.mp4

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jonny 290 posted:

big samesies. love it.

hell yeah

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Bender's Game has one of my favorite jokes in the series

What? I'm not the Tunneling Horror. I hate that guy! Always with the tunneling. Anyway, I'm dead

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
my favorite joke in the entire series is from whichever episode it was that had the history museum

VO: "here we see a 20th century assembly line, where cars were assembled by primitive robots"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

haveblue posted:

my favorite joke in the entire series is from whichever episode it was that had the history museum

VO: "here we see a 20th century assembly line, where cars were assembled by primitive robots"

wow i thought musk only got a cameo on rick and morty

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

haveblue posted:

lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

haveblue posted:

"no no no, space travel was just a metaphor for beating his wife!"

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
i just fuckin love futurama

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

rotor posted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

rotor posted:

for four years they had some of the strongest most consistent writing talent on television

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Uptime Sinclair posted:

finished last ep of raised by wolves s1 last night and welp lol

my wife got very angry

it was hilarious

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

rotor posted:

"no no no, space travel was just a metaphor for beating his wife!"

i love how they changed the tone to one of reverence

one day alice; bang, zoom, straight to the moon

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

somebody posted about into the badlands not too long ago and it reminded me that I never finished season 3. just finished it. it dragged in places, but the ending was satisfying and I'm interested to see what happens next.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i love how they changed the tone to one of reverence

one day alice; bang, zoom, straight to the moon

Space travel began with one man. A man with a dream.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
if anyone needs me I'll me in the anime dome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiCZP09F6FQ

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

this isn’t futurama but I must vent

know what bugs me about the Jurassic park sequels? the carnivores. they’re just a bunch of bloodthirsty morons. do you ever see a trex that ate a whole triceratops and just wants to take a nap? no. apparently humans are a delicacy. snap snap snap, going to injure myself on an electric fence for a chicken wing. if real animals were like that we’d be extinct

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Roosevelt posted:

know what bugs me about the Jurassic park sequels? the carnivores. they’re just a bunch of bloodthirsty morons. do you ever see a trex that ate a whole triceratops and just wants to take a nap? no. apparently humans are a delicacy. snap snap snap, going to injure myself on an electric fence for a chicken wing. if real animals were like that we’d be extinct

they aren't actually dinosaurs

dr henry wu has in fact created genetic monstrosities superficially resembling dinosaurs from what is essentially scratch, or frankenscience

this is more explicitly stated in the 2015 film jurassic world, wherein he dreams up an entirely new "dinosaur" from nonsense instead of mosquito amber

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
hannibal lecter fuckin owns. he only ever kills pigs and rich people

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

the futurama episode with the pre crime division was legit genius and was really late on

"that's a violation of the law of lorentz invariance, bust him! "

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Shaggar posted:

it was hilarious
that’s the way i took it lol.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Roosevelt posted:

i skipped jurassic park 3 and i skipped jurassic world 2. sadly nothing holds up to the first one.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

the futurama episode with the pre crime division was legit genius and was really late on

"that's a violation of the law of lorentz invariance, bust him! "

I like the bit where Bender is apparently shot dead but it turns out he's fine because he had a bullet-proof vest hanging on a coat-hanger inside his chest cavity??

And the bit where it turns out they were able to outthink the prediction robot by hiding behind "prediction-proof glass"?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

if anyone needs me I'll me in the anime dome

that's a good name for a thread

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Doom Mathematic posted:

I like the bit where Bender is apparently shot dead but it turns out he's fine because he had a bullet-proof vest hanging on a coat-hanger inside his chest cavity??

I like the recurring gag where we're reminded that robots are effectively immortal

"We thought you were dead!"
"Nah, they just shot us a bunch of times and buried us in the desert as a warning"

"Boy, I'm glad you got that beam off my head when you did. Another few hundred years and I'd be done for"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"Unless something is done quickly, the trapped robots will be dead within 300 years."

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Starting to re-watch Disenchantment. This isn't as bad as I vaguely remembered it being?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

the zoidberg planet national anthem being the kirk/spock fight music is a nice touch

just watch up to the opera, which is a really nice and sweet ending for the series.

all the other stuff is bonus features

yeah anything after “the devils hands” should be viewed as dvd extras.

some of it is good, but that’s the “real” ending

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
also i will never not laugh at whalers on the moon

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
its a cartoon, i dont really care about an N-season long story arc. I'm just there for the jokes.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

Starting to re-watch Disenchantment. This isn't as bad as I vaguely remembered it being?
it’s deece but had huge shoes to fill on release

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

yah
I re-watched it on Netflix recently and it was fine

when it was new though, it really fell short of the “futurama but fantasy” premise

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The Fool posted:

yah
I re-watched it on Netflix recently and it was fine

when it was new though, it really fell short of the “futurama but fantasy” premise

this is correct

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
This is indeed q.-to-v.deece, I like the funny signs the stores have.

That was always good in Futurama too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's not bad, it's just not very good either. the writing is flat and there aren't that many laugh out loud jokes

it's also incredibly cheaply animated. it looks cheap.