Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Pinus Porcus posted:

That made me throw up in my mouth a little.

The Malaysia flag in these always gets a sensible chuckle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Ambitious Spider posted:

It's been a while but I think you're mixing up the girl who got her brains scrambled when her memory was erased after being rejected by the magic school, and goes on an underground magic quest to fix herself and ends up getting sexually assaulted by a fox demon, in the second book and the girl who uses too much power and becomes a sylph/dryad or whatever at the end of the first.

You're absolutely right. The fox demon scene was long and gross. I also forgot that in the first book the hero's One True Love sacrificed herself to save the world.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
One true loves be like that

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/btharris93/status/1312000077020434432?s=20

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Nepal flag greatest flag, no questions at this time
🇳🇵

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

AlbieQuirky posted:

🇳🇵

pls

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Wales has a cool dragon on their flag tho. Mozambique has an AK-47 on their flag, which also seems sweet.

e:beaten by seconds

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nah, the lovely clip art over the star kinda sucks.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Pictured: one culturally neutral icon.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

AlbieQuirky posted:

🇳🇵

:colbert:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

AlbieQuirky posted:

🇳🇵

https://youtu.be/f2Gne3UHKHs

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Scratch Monkey posted:

fixed to show a greater truth

A lot of people don't seem to understand this. I had a guy tell me on twitter that the Proud Boys couldn't possibly be racist because their current chairman is of Cuban heritage

people think only white people can be racist. and some white people think only americans can be racist. everyone can be racist. even against your race.

i want to post a decent chris rock bit about it but all i can find is nword vs black folks bit and i hate that bit. the bit i was gonna post is the one where he says you wanna know who the most racist people in the world are? old black men. you know why? because you complain about getting a cab but back then they were the cab a guy in a buisness suit would jump on their back and yell giddyup nword. my old black uncle is always cracker this cracker that. but he's married to a white woman. he says ill kill her and my cracker kids to just to show those honkies i mean buisness when the revolution starts.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

snergle posted:

my old black uncle is always cracker this cracker that. but he's married to a white woman. he says ill kill her and my cracker kids to just to show those honkies i mean buisness when the revolution starts.

this guy owns

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Necrothatcher posted:

this guy owns

It's a Chris Rock bit.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Skwirl posted:

It's a Chris Rock bit.

well chris rock's uncle owns

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Wales has a cool dragon on their flag tho. Mozambique has an AK-47 on their flag, which also seems sweet.

e:beaten by seconds
I feel there should be some Welsh-Bhutanese solidarity.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The Idiot King of Social Media, America's biggest specialest boi, hasn't tweeted in more than thirteen hours. I'm worried about him.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

One of the symptoms is sometimes diarrhea, and given his usual big wet diet, both hands are probably white knuckling the toilet seat as we speak.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

snergle posted:

people think only white people can be racist. and some white people think only americans can be racist. everyone can be racist. even against your race.

i want to post a decent chris rock bit about it but all i can find is nword vs black folks bit and i hate that bit. the bit i was gonna post is the one where he says you wanna know who the most racist people in the world are? old black men. you know why? because you complain about getting a cab but back then they were the cab a guy in a buisness suit would jump on their back and yell giddyup nword. my old black uncle is always cracker this cracker that. but he's married to a white woman. he says ill kill her and my cracker kids to just to show those honkies i mean buisness when the revolution starts.

Isn't that mostly an issue of definition? IIRC the latter define it merely as prejudice but the former are using a narrower definition of prejudice + power

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

To be honest I kind of agree UK flag is kind of neutral, its the england one thats racist.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Annabel Pee posted:

To be honest I kind of agree UK flag is kind of neutral, its the england one thats racist.

I'm sure people in India and China really appreciate the distinction.

Probably changed in the last few years but before that I think the English flag was mostly associated with rooting for a mediocre soccer team.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

You're absolutely right. The fox demon scene was long and gross. I also forgot that in the first book the hero's One True Love sacrificed herself to save the world.

The woman who becomes a dryad at the end of the first book in the weird fast forward is the one who was raped by a demon, you just don't find out what happened to her when she was learning magic until the second book. I only read the first book, and I thought it was kind of gross but at least had a point by not ending happily, and then the epilogue came along and everything shat the bed even harder. Reading summaries of the other books, it seems things just kept getting worse, somehow.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

redgubbinz posted:

One of the symptoms is sometimes diarrhea, and given his usual big wet diet, both hands are probably white knuckling the toilet seat as we speak.

but they just said trump isn't tweeting :confused:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

luxury handset posted:

but they just said trump isn't tweeting :confused:

can't tweet when both hands are white-knuckling the safety rails around your golden toilet

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Annabel Pee posted:

Doesn't even have representation of Wales on it, gently caress the Union flag.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Everyone knows that this is the most neutral flag

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

TinTower posted:

So a couple of weeks ago in London, an untaxed, uninsured, and unmaintained car made a prohibited left-turn and almost knocked a cyclist – who had the right of way – off his bike.

But of course, people reckon the cyclist is at fault.

https://twitter.com/SthLondonPress/status/1311258296716791809

Whenever a local article about bicycles on the road gets online in my neck of the woods (western Canada) the comments are always filled with people who seem to have one goal in life and that goal is to kill every cyclist with their car.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

Pictured: one culturally neutral icon.

But in general, you can display the US flag and not be immediately branded as a nationalist weirdo. Which is frowned upon in a large part of the world, except during sports or eurovision.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Madkal posted:

Whenever a local article about bicycles on the road gets online in my neck of the woods (western Canada) the comments are always filled with people who seem to have one goal in life and that goal is to kill every cyclist with their car.

car people are loving weird

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

lobsterminator posted:

But in general, you can display the US flag and not be immediately branded as a nationalist weirdo. Which is frowned upon in a large part of the world, except during sports or eurovision.

I think this increasingly becoming not the case. Outside of stuff like Fourth of July, I increasingly only see US flags flanked by no step on snek, or thin blue line flags, or various MAGA flags. Non-right-wingers see to be letting them have the flag.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I live in a left coast elitist liberal anarchist jurisdiction. If I see a flag, even by itself, I jump to a 90% assumption that the owner is a chud. If the flag is on a truck it's 99%.

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019

Madkal posted:

Like 50% of youtube is dashcams of cars doing backflips on the highway because people drivw like assholes but that's obviously not an indictment of drivers in general. But ALL CYCLISTS EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME are the worst!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/aita_reddit/status/1312002537738862592?s=21

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
What are the actual non-patriotic racist reasons people fly flags? In Scandinavia they're used as generic symbols of celebration, and if you're flying a flag and not a government agency, it's either someone's birthday or high school graduation or something or you're some kind of weirdo.

It took me inviting some Canadian and German friends to a birthday themed party and them being super weirded out by the decorations for me to even realize that it could be understood differently.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

OP not idiot.

https://twitter.com/maxwelltani/status/1312150374892019715

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Necrothatcher posted:

this guy owns

Please don’t use the words “owns” to describe black people

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Ambitious Spider posted:

It's been a while but I think you're mixing up the girl who got her brains scrambled when her memory was erased after being rejected by the magic school, and goes on an underground magic quest to fix herself and ends up getting sexually assaulted by a fox demon, in the second book and the girl who uses too much power and becomes a sylph/dryad or whatever at the end of the first.

The girl who got magic brain wipe and was assaulted by Reynard the fox demon does become a Dryad in the books.

The other girl becomes a magic energy spirit in both show and books.
:shrug: I liked the books

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/imjustinrandall/status/1312043146629406720

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

loving coward.