Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Casey Finnigan posted:

The animation looked really bad, even at the time. I remember renting The Legend of the Crystal Coconut from Blockbuster at age 6 or whatever, and DK looked so weird I couldn't even watch the thing.

I mean for late 90s CGI animation it's not like they had a lot of competition. The best looking one (and probably the best overall show) was Starship Troopers Roughneck Chronicles, but apart from that you had utter crap like Beast Machines, Butt Ugly Martians or Monster By Mistake.

Teletoon and YTV were a wasteland of bad Canadian programming and Dragon Ball Z reruns for the longest time until Teletoon got the WB catalogue and they started playing Justice League. Then YTV turned into Canada's Toonami equivalent.

Before that the best place to watch proper good shows was on Global because they had all the Batman and Superman shows, MIB and Godzilla the Series. Now that I think about it, Jeff Kline and Adelaide Productions made a lot of the really good cartoons from the late 90s and 2000s. MIB, Godzilla, XTreme Ghostbusters, Jackie Chan Adventures, Big Guy and Rusty were all done by them and they all kick rear end.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Iambic Pentameter posted:

If you live outside of Canada, you seriously have no idea how much they played that god drat DKC cartoon over here, Canadian TV channels have an obligation to air like 50% Canadian made programming per day which lead to a lot of really bad trash playing nonstop, Donkey Kong cartoon included

There are those of us who still remember Johnny Test here in the US.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

There are those of us who still remember Johnny Test here in the US.

Totally spies also Canadian also a horrific sin.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I dunno, I have to applaud the man who conned a production company into financing his fetish show.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

That's a serious glow up. He looks great with a beard :3:

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I remember being very young and not understanding why the kids on Are You Afraid Of The Dark talked so weird. I saw a few clips recently and realized they were all just extremely Canadian.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

I didn't recognize him.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

grittyreboot posted:

I remember being very young and not understanding why the kids on Are You Afraid Of The Dark talked so weird. I saw a few clips recently and realized they were all just extremely Canadian.

Its the denim.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I had exactly one Canadian teacher in high school. He had no hair anywhere, at all. He was the only guy who used "doctor" in his name in the entire school, and his name sounded exactly like "Dr. Cronus" which made him sound like a supervillain (that's not his real name, though, please don't doxx my high school chemistry teacher, he was a nice guy).

I assume that's just how Canadians are.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

grittyreboot posted:

This was also my experience on revisiting the Fraggles as an adult.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Totally Spies was cool and I luckily managed to not come out with inflation or any of the other fetishes that show undoubtedly planted on some people.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Harris stepped into a teleporter at the same time as Dan Olson?

Meanwhile Todd In The Shadows takes a look at that hit song, what was it called ... Wallpaper And Paint?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ3UjZEdxiY

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

DeafNote posted:

I wouldnt mind the headless if they werent such a drain on my Confetti.

Still had a lot of fun with Sekiro though.

Same.

I only fought the first Headless I encountered a couple of times before I went "nope, gonna wait until I can buy Confetti before I do this poo poo," and nope'd out of there.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

rudecyrus posted:

I didn't recognize him.

He's preparing for the post-Brexit wastelands.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Arcsquad12 posted:

Now that I think about it, Jeff Kline and Adelaide Productions made a lot of the really good cartoons from the late 90s and 2000s. MIB, Godzilla, XTreme Ghostbusters, Jackie Chan Adventures, Big Guy and Rusty were all done by them and they all kick rear end.
That's a hell of a catalog, all of those shows were phenomenal.

Like you would think a show called "EXTREME GHOSTBUSTERS" couldn't possibly be good, but that show was excellent.

Big Guy and Rusty was great too, but that got canceled and never really had a conclusion to the story or finale, right?

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Oct 2, 2020

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Congrats to Harris for accepting his fate as the British Binging with Babish.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

SteelMentor posted:

Congrats to Harris for accepting his fate as the British Binging with Babish.

It was the natural endpoint after the Sonic curry stream.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Good to see he accepted the bald.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Totally Spies good

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Max Wilco posted:

I think the nadir of the ironic visual novels/dating sims scene is the Colonel Sanders dating sim because A.) we now have to live in a reality where KFC published a dating sim, and B.) it apparently drops a huge spoiler for one of the Dangan Ronpa games without warning.

What's the spoiler?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Totally Spies made me learn certain things about myself that I'm ashamed to learn about.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Totally Spies gave me every fetish at once, causing them to all cancel out like Mr. Burns and making me tremendously boring.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

deanpeltonthisbetternotawakenanythinginme.gif

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Thanks to Totally Spies I'm now the most sexually flexible human on earth. No fetish is too wild for me.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

What's the spoiler?

What I heard was that it spoils who the killer is or some big plot reveal along those lines. I dunno what it was exactly. I just read somewhere that one of the characters in the KFC game just drops the reveal out of nowhere.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
...I watched Totally Spies and like, apparently I didn't pick up any of the kinks I should have.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
after watching totally spies as a kid I now have an insatiable kink for whatever this is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_T7kasdwM

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Casey Finnigan posted:

after watching totally spies as a kid I now have an insatiable kink for whatever this is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_T7kasdwM

Cartoon physics?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this is clearly fake, british people can't grow beards

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
he didn't grow a beard, he moved the hair that was on top of his head down to his face

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I remember one Totally Spies episode when they were bathing in coffee

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

macabresca posted:

I remember one Totally Spies episode when they were bathing in coffee

I feel like thats an actualy thing. Like a New Age treatment kind of thing.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Augus posted:

this is clearly fake, british people can't grow beards

Explain Brian Blessed.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Mr Phillby posted:

Explain Brian Blessed.

He's a god, not british.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is Nakey Jakey a chud?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is Nakey Jakey a chud?

I hope not his RDR2 video is one of the best video game criticisms ever.

edit: oh looks like he just dropped a similar video for Naughty Dog. It's titled similarly at least.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is Nakey Jakey a chud?

Not to my knowledge. He seems pretty cool.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I don’t know the man who made a video about his favorite Disney Channel Original Movies seems pretty sus.

Not everyone who talks negative about TLOU is bad.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

now Jakey Nakey, that guy you gotta look out for, real piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Finding new people via the youtu e algorithm is a crapshoot.