Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Carthag Tuek posted:

im pretty sure everybody takes math in uk schools

Not at hogwart, apparently?

Like, one of the little fashie fucks takes it as an elective or some poo poo?

I dunno, I never read them. BVMW insists on reading them to BVMTH so I hear weird third-person retellings of everything that happens.

Kids is like a more-hallucinatory version of telephone.

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

oh then idk, i dont care about the books i only care about unit systems

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Didn't the UK decimalize recently (like, within living memory)?

IIRC Steven Fry makes an off-hand comment about it in his reading either of Mythos or Hitchhiker's Guide?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Schadenboner posted:

Didn't the UK decimalize recently (like, within living memory)?

IIRC Steven Fry makes an off-hand comment about it in his reading either of Mythos or Hitchhiker's Guide?

1972, and people still occasionally refer to 5 and 10p coins as a bob or two bob (the one shilling and two shilling coins were kept the same size and design when decimalised to help ease the conversion), even if they were born after then. it's only the fact that they're effectively useless to buy anything on their own that's killed it off as common slang

also you *might* have it confused with this footnote from good omens:

NOTE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE AND AMERICANS: One shilling = Five Pee. It helps to understand the antique finances of the Witchfinder Army if you know the original British monetary system:

Two farthings = One Ha'penny. Two ha'pennies = One Penny. Three pennies = A Thrupenny Bit. Two Thrupences = A Sixpence. Two Sixpences = One Shilling, or Bob. Two Bob = A Florin. One Florin and one Sixpence = Half a Crown. Four Half Crowns = Ten Bob Note. Two Ten Bob Notes = One Pound (or 240 pennies). One Pound and One Shilling = One Guinea.

The British resisted decimalized currency for a long time because they thought it was too complicated.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

you owe me ten bob for making me read that

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

we decimalised in 1875, and people still sometimes refer to 2 kroner (crowns) as 1 daler (thaler, dollar) per the change over exchange rate

but yeah you cant really buy anything for that so its dying out as well

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

p is stored in the quids

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

p is stored in the quids

three pee makes two breasts

(a little cockney engima for you there)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Carthag Tuek posted:

oh then idk, i dont care about the books i only care about unit systems

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The company now earns profits from its catalog of Billboard-charting hits, by the original artists, particularly songs from the 1950s through the 1980s. Tracks include "The Twist" by Chubby Checker, "What I Like About You" by The Romantics, "Tutti Frutti" by Little Richard, "Surfin’ Bird" by The Trashmen, and "Help Me Make It Through The Night" by Sammi Smith.

K-tel distributes more than 200,000 songs worldwide per year on digital platforms, including Amazon, Spotify and iTunes, and licenses songs from its catalog for use in commercials (e.g., Nike, Fiat, Coke and KFC), films (e.g., Spider-Man, The Dallas Buyers Club and Hotel Transylvania 2) and television programs (e.g., Ray Donovan, Breaking Bad, Californication, Mad Men and Transparent).

K-tel has also produced Mini Pop Kids, a series of recordings in which a group of children aged 9 to 13 sing current, family-friendly pop hits. The series sold millions of copies when it was originally distributed in the 1980s. K-tel brought the series back in 2004, and has continued to produce recordings. The latest album, Mini Pop Kids 15, reached #1 on the iTunes Kids Chart. The series is promoted by a touring group that performs shows across Canada.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

At least two bench-clearing brawls have taken place in the Lingerie Football League

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

quote:

Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, which currently supports the E-3's radar

But it seems like the fuselage is what actually supports it? Or maybe the proximate support would be the pylon?

:confused:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the pylon's official name is Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, actually.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sagebrush posted:

the pylon's official name is Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, actually.

You must construct fewer pylons

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Music critic Johnny Rogan interprets the titular bird as a "metaphor for a doomed relationship."[6] Rogan finds some hopefulness in the final lines "And though these wings have turned to stone/I can fly, fly fly away."[6] Music journalist Nigel Williamson is reminded of imagery from Young's 1968 song "The Loner" by the line "Danger bird, he flies alone."[7] Music author Ken Bielen finds additional themes in the song as the comfort we find in complacency and our fear of being vulnerable, for example in line in which the titular bird sings that "freedom's just a prison."[5]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
catching up on the past ten pages and frowning harder and harder at the number of schadenboner posts in the only good yospos thread

ed: you fuckers keep quoting him jesus christ :negative:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sham bam bamina! posted:

you fuckers keep quoting him

yeah seriously knock that poo poo off please

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
my personal brand is Always Quoting the Wrong Guy

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
The error is imagining there can be any good threads in YOSPOS, though?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Some commentators wrote articles agreeing with this view, including Toby Young, who agreed that sex robots could be a "workable solution"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

posting to verify that i am not a fucker

nor will i ever be

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Minsky also invented a "gravity machine" that would ring a bell if the gravitational constant were to change, a theoretical possibility that is not expected to occur in the foreseeable future.[3]

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Nábrók (calqued as necropants, literally "corpse britches") are a pair of pants made from the skin of a dead man, which are believed in Icelandic witchcraft to be capable of producing an endless supply of money.[1] It is unlikely these pants ever existed outside of folklore.[2]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Nábrók (calqued as necropants, literally "corpse britches") are a pair of pants made from the skin of a dead man, which are believed in Icelandic witchcraft to be capable of producing an endless supply of money.[1] It is unlikely these pants ever existed outside of folklore.[2]

they have a pair of those pants in a museum

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
what if you were really tall and all the potential nabroks would be the wrong size

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
possibly you could graft skin from other parts of the body? it doesn’t just have to be the legs does it

I guess you could be so tall that your legs have more surface area than anyone else’s body and it would just suck to be you

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
hmm fair. i guess i kinda defaulted to imagining human leather pants to be just hollowed out legs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Soricidus posted:

possibly you could graft skin from other parts of the body? it doesn’t just have to be the legs does it

I guess you could be so tall that your legs have more surface area than anyone else’s body and it would just suck to be you

it has to be initially skinned all in one unbroken piece

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

if it's unbroken that seems to imply that a dick is attached.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh. looking at the picture yeah i guess there's a dick attached.

quote:

A coin must be stolen from a poor widow and placed in the scrotum along with the magical sign, nábrókarstafur, written on a piece of paper. Consequently, the coin will draw money into the scrotum so that it will never be empty, as long as the original coin is not removed.

krona is stored in the balls

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

yes, it is called a coin purse after all

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Do you have to wear the pants for them to work? Or can you just stick them in a closet somewhere and periodically go and take out the coins that have accumulated?

Also do the coins just appear inside the man-bag or do they like, continuously roll in from the street? Are they stolen from other people or created de novo?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

sounds like as reasonable an investment strategy as any

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

duz posted:

yes, it is called a coin purse after all

the word is pungur, which both means pouch (wallet) and scrotum

its basically a super old pun

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Achmed Jones posted:

oh. looking at the picture yeah i guess there's a dick attached.

krona is stored in the balls

there's a dungeon and dragons magic item that behaves similarly, where as long as you leave money in it, it creates more every night :spergin:

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

The directors commentary track starts out in the traditional fashion with the director and co-stars but soon adds in extra characters and descends into a largely unrelated comedy experience. Halfway through a seemingly chaotic recording, it stops and is replaced by the directors' commentary for There's Something About Mary.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
wasn't my first guess but I will defend my first guess as very reasonable gremlins 2

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

The language's mascot is "Camelia, the Raku bug". Her name is a nod to the camel mascot associated with Perl, and her form, in the pun-loving tradition of the Perl community, is a play on "software bug". Spiral designs embedded in her butterfly-like wings resemble the characters "P6", the favored nickname for Perl 6, and off-center eye placement is an intentional pun on "Wall-eyed".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
One teacher at the school claimed to have "Urkeled" up to 80 students per week, although after five weeks the number dropped to 18.[11]