Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Not looking forward to rainbow ride 100 coins... But we're close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Absolutely shameful supper mario broth would be tricked by such a terrible image. He of all people should know that Mario canonically does not use toilets. time for him to hang it up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

45 shines down, all nozzles and yoshi unlocked. i really do think people give this game way too hard of a rap, i'm enjoying almost all of it now, occasional frustrating shines aside. i'd mostly like to use this space to say one thing in particular

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

45 shines down, all nozzles and yoshi unlocked. i really do think people give this game way too hard of a rap, i'm enjoying almost all of it now, occasional frustrating shines aside. i'd mostly like to use this space to say one thing in particular

getting toward the end of the Caged Shine Sprite only to get knocked right down into the drink by one of those was one of the worst feelings ever as a kid

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Not looking forward to rainbow ride 100 coins... But we're close

me when im only 2 stars away from completing super mario 64

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

lol the salt only makes the meal more epic. i felt like a loving king when i got that shine

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Fungah! posted:

I'm not enjoying the level design of sunshine and these 'carefully walk along this mess of narrow platforms' sections are one reason why

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Milkman posted:

I'm not enjoying the level design of sunshine and these 'carefully walk along this mess of narrow platforms' sections are one reason why

You have a hover nozzle bro

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Milkman posted:

Have you played 64 recently because there is a lot more walking along messes of narrow platforms than I remembered

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah, almost anywhere that's set up like that, you still have the hover nozzle and can just skip past it, it's like playing DKC2 with Dixie.

I'm going to wait until the last possible moment to turn in my blue coins this time, I think, and get like 30 shines all at once. I'm only on the third level (and i don't have the stuff from the first two levels that require yoshi yet)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Looking back at GC sunshine I’m struck by how relatively huge the UI is, you lose like a quarter of the screen

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The whales in super mario 2 were so cool. I'm surprised these guys haven't been in anything else.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Looking back at GC sunshine I’m struck by how relatively huge the UI is, you lose like a quarter of the screen

doesn't most of the stuff at the top slide off the screen a few seconds after you pause, though?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

heard the sunshine news bulletin noise in my head

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

doesn't most of the stuff at the top slide off the screen a few seconds after you pause, though?

yeah pretty much none of that appears outside of the pause screen, you just get coins and FLUDD

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

also yeah, this. i understand people complaining that the hover nozzle makes platforming too easy but that also means that every level's a playground where you can figure out how to get to weird places with the nozzle and skip the tough bits. thats honestly pretty cool

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

64 is much worse for it especially when it has a timer up

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

heard the sunshine news bulletin noise in my head

nintendo soundd design ftw

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, almost anywhere that's set up like that, you still have the hover nozzle and can just skip past it, it's like playing DKC2 with Dixie.

I'm going to wait until the last possible moment to turn in my blue coins this time, I think, and get like 30 shines all at once. I'm only on the third level (and i don't have the stuff from the first two levels that require yoshi yet)

It was incredibly satisfying to do that after 18 years

https://twitter.com/RSwtich/status/1309149168485752832?s=20

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I hated the wiggler boss fight this time around but I didn't find the sand bird nearly as hard as I'd remembered it was.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Some of the Bonus stage red coins have a really tight timer, I'm blowing a lot of lives on one of the 'easy' ones.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The amount of public domain music in Land is crazy

e: Lmao, you grab the switch behind the first boss that the bridge he's on is attached to, and instead of falling in he just explodes.

Arrhythmia fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 2, 2020

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I can't for the life of me remember how to do this watermelon stage, lol. I can't get it past the duck things

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

I can't for the life of me remember how to do this watermelon stage, lol. I can't get it past the duck things

recommend stunning the duck things that pose the highest risk to the watermelon

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

recommend stunning the duck things that pose the highest risk to the watermelon

can you pwrma stun them? I can kill the ones on the beach but the ones on the platforms in between usually have the melon before I can even reach them

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

can you pwrma stun them? I can kill the ones on the beach but the ones on the platforms in between usually have the melon before I can even reach them

no perma stun, but iirc you can refresh the stun timer by jumping on em once theyre stunned. i think i kept 2 or 3 of em on a stun loop while i worked my way past em

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
lol the watermelon one is horseshit, if you get fed up just :gb2gbs: (gelato beach skip)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm going to get every shine, even the one with the poison river and the pachinko coins

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao I don't think I knew you could skip the whole back of the ferris wheel at pinna park by just jumping the gently caress over it with the nozzle. also you basically get 100 coins accidentally during that star.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
picking up some moons today after not playing at all this week. lake kingdom is so good. good water stage feels

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Mario 35, the mario battle royale, is out for Switch Online subscribers btw. hopefully get a win soon..

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's fun enough but it hurts my loving thumbs because it uses the garbage original physics and you gotta mash super hard just to jump over 3 feet.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

American McGay posted:

It's fun enough but it hurts my loving thumbs because it uses the garbage original physics and you gotta mash super hard just to jump over 3 feet.

really? i've seen people complaining it doesn't use the original physics

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
It adds jumping high off of enemies which wasn't in the original SMB but was in Lost Levels I think

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Caithness posted:

It adds jumping high off of enemies which wasn't in the original SMB but was in Lost Levels I think

lost levels rules.....my favorite mario

WEEDCAT
Oct 31, 2005

*sets you on fire*
It is not easy to get a win with all the Mario gods playing. The game has some awesome chaotic moments. I had a game with four Bowsers on 1-1 and managed to kill three of them in a row with star power, felt so powerful haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

a Loving Dog posted:

really? i've seen people complaining it doesn't use the original physics

Yeah I'm sure it doesn't have SMB1 physics.