Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Currently buying three boxes a week of the expensive Tonkotsu ramen. I regret indulging my family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Any of you dudes try out this flannel?
https://www.costco.com/orvis-men%27s-big-bear-flannel.product.100568885.html

It's not the Jachs from the last few years, but it looks nice. 100% cotton heavy flannel is very much my jam. If anyone has gotten one of these lemme know the fit!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

These are good you should buy them and put them in your mouth they're on sale in my store right now for 6 bucks a tin.

https://www.costco.com/la-grande-galette-french-butter-cookies%2C-1.3-lb%2C-6-pack.product.100302567.html

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

bird with big dick posted:

These are good you should buy them and put them in your mouth they're on sale in my store right now for 6 bucks a tin.

https://www.costco.com/la-grande-galette-french-butter-cookies%2C-1.3-lb%2C-6-pack.product.100302567.html

I loving hate those things. They have shards of sea salt in them and it fucks up the whole :airquote:mouthfeel

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

It's not the Jachs from the last few years, but it looks nice. 100% cotton heavy flannel is very much my jam. If anyone has gotten one of these lemme know the fit!

eh, i guess let me know but not a big fan of anyu of those color combos.

i regret not buying more jachs when i had the chance, i still wear mine (white/black plaid-type) constantly and it's really loving good. easily the best flannel for a good price. i have a couple of the Grayers Heritage brand flannel and it's fine, not as good as the Jachs though. i feel the jachs wears in a lot better while being heavy whereas the Grayers has mostly stayed a bit stiff

Xaris fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 4, 2020

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

FilthyImp posted:

I loving hate those things. They have shards of sea salt in them and it fucks up the whole :airquote:mouthfeel

you will regret this

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

loving French; they'll pour a shaker of salt on a perfectly good chocolate to 'balance the flavor'. Stick with the Danes if you want a good butter cookie, I guess.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's a shame because those really are great cookies. Not too thick, nice and crumbly, and with a savory buttery flavor.

And then you crunch into a deposit of salt along with your morning coffee and it just goes to poo poo.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos
Whoever doesn't like salt on their cookies or chocolate are plebians

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
I loving love salt, I bet I'd love those cookies with coffee but I'm already addicted to the muffins and have no reason to quit my poppy seed and blueberry addiction.

Although my roommate was eating so many everything bagels and poppy seed muffins that she hit a positive on a drug test so maybe that should be a cautionary tale.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
ultimate sherpa throw

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

ultimate sherpa throw

ULTIMATE MEANS BEST

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I'm tempted to try one out but why is the red the only one that's not 100% cotton??? TF I'm trying to get my lesbian aesthetic on without contributing to microplastic pollution

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
I have to wait 3 more weeks to get the jamón. Besides snacking on it hourly, what goes well with it? Thinking some good olives on the side and a little strip of jamón on top of a warm bread, of course, but what are some more advanced jamón pairings?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The North Tower posted:

I have to wait 3 more weeks to get the jamón. Besides snacking on it hourly, what goes well with it? Thinking some good olives on the side and a little strip of jamón on top of a warm bread, of course, but what are some more advanced jamón pairings?

jamon on toasted crusty bread with manchego or queso iberico is a classic pairing, as is on top of tumaca (tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, toasted bread). I'm not a fan of those cheeses, but I will destroy a couple of servings of pan tumaca con jamon.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I might pick one up if they have it in stock locally when I go next. I have been wanting another heavier shirt style thing, as I've been enjoying them a lot lately

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
all of my pets love the costco sherpas lol

one of my cats is ex-feral and while he's very friendly he's still extremely skittish and generally won't sleep on me besides maybe on top of my feet through the covers, but the sherpa is high-value enough he'll cuddle up next to me and sleep if I have one on the bed

I keep a sherpa in my office for while I'm working and my dog will come sleep on my feet on it, and generally uses the sherpa as a bed while I'm not using it

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 5, 2020

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FilthyImp posted:

Just like that bastard captain crunch...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
pet approval of blanket quality is about as legit as it gets

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

shadow puppet of a posted:

Currently buying three boxes a week of the expensive Tonkotsu ramen. I regret indulging my family

That's 24 servings of ramen a week. I really hope its being spread across 5-6 people. Everything single packet is an entire day's sodium.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
speaking of ramen, got one of the pork bellies that was on sale (at my store at least), what's the best way to prepare this guy for ramen or pho or similar? would ideally like to use it as an ingredient for something else and not a recipe in itself although I could be persuaded

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Pork belly seems too fatty for me for instapho/Ramen.

But if you were to slow cook the broth with the pork in it...

You could also give it a good char in a pan to give it more texture.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Just dip it into some well marketed almond paste and move on with your life.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Paul MaudDib posted:

speaking of ramen, got one of the pork bellies that was on sale (at my store at least), what's the best way to prepare this guy for ramen or pho or similar? would ideally like to use it as an ingredient for something else and not a recipe in itself although I could be persuaded

Have never encountered pork belly in Vietnamese soups but this is for ramen: https://www.justonecookbook.com/homemade-chashu/

Other pro uses for pork belly follow.

https://blog.themalamarket.com/chengdu-challenge-8-twice-cooked-pork-hui-guo-rou/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cooking/comments/6e5tw0/recipe_how_to_make_chinese_homestyle_red_braised/

https://www.justonecookbook.com/braised-pork-belly-kakuni/

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

FilthyImp posted:

Pork belly seems too fatty for me for instapho/Ramen.

But if you were to slow cook the broth with the pork in it...

You could also give it a good char in a pan to give it more texture.

The ramen shop I used to go to in the Before boiled their pork belly in their soup stock for 5+ hours, then cooked it in a different sauce. I'm pretty sure they put it in the fridge before slicing, because the slice or two that came in their ramen melted like butter.

Cryomancer
Jan 22, 2005

Indeed.
The world is changed.
I feel it in the water.
I feel it in the earth.
I smell it in the air.
I taste it in the more expensive Costco hotdogs.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Just like that bastard captain crunch...

Guilty as charged.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

CaptainCrunch posted:

Guilty as charged.

mods... MODS

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Anyone got coffee bean recommendations for Costco? How's the grinders?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Chinatown posted:

I really like the Lavazza Crema e Aroma beans they come in a brown/beige bag and good for both drip and espresso.

For grinders I would look for someplace that sells Baratza. Dunno if costco carries those.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CaptainCrunch posted:

Guilty as charged.

:piss:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Chinatown posted:

The grey Kirkland cougar coffee. It’s great.

From my pantry:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

And the in-store grinders are nice

Edit: I mean the one they have up front to let you grind your poo poo before you leave. Dunno about the ones they sell.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I honestly prefer the House Roast. A nice balance of roast and perk.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Costco has these palmier cookies sometimes that are amazing. I haven't bought them in a couple years because every time I do I go all piggy style and destroy a box in 36 hours

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Ohhh in-store grinders, I have never seen that in Canadian costcos.

I have several at home being a reformed coffee snob :haw:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cyrano4747 posted:

From my pantry:

I'm a Kona man, but that's been getting stocked less and less.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I bought a Capresso burr Grinder from Costco for $70 and it’s been pretty awesome thus far. It improved my coffee experience compared to the other way I was doing it and made it more tasty and better feel.

I also decided all my coffee would come from Costco and thus far I am enjoying the Mayan 5lb bag

Gatts fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Oct 6, 2020

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Cyrano4747 posted:

And the in-store grinders are nice
They don't allow you to use them anymore due to Corona.

But yeah they're rock solid and fast.
Though it reminds me of the time I forgot they supply scissors and I exploded 1/2 a bag of beans all over the floor :negative:

Iirc the Kirkland bagged coffee is the b-grade Starbucks roast beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Cyrano4747 posted:

From my pantry:

I got this one a while back to put through my espresso machine (Breville barista express). It was awful, it's such a dark roast and just not great at all.
It might be ok with other preparations.

There was an Italian one in an orange bag that was great but they only stocked it here for like a week.

Currently have this one, it's ok but nothing special.