Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

This got a genuine laugh out of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Linux Pirate posted:

I'm whatever that purple and blue thing is on the right.
Nice, I'm a drowned corpse too.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

That's when Kenner was kitbashing ideas for new characters. That's the head of Squid Head/Tessek turned upside down:

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/drdrewsteen/status/1172547846479831040

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Action Jacktion posted:

That's when Kenner was kitbashing ideas for new characters. That's the head of Squid Head/Tessek turned upside down:

And I recognise those arms:

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Action Jacktion posted:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The_Epic_Continues

The sequel trilogy that never was

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Megillah Gorilla posted:

And I recognise those arms:

Free Boba Fett indeed

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I just noticed it's the banned version of Boba Fett, too.

The one with the choking hazard missile.

EDIT: Yours for just $185,850

No, that's not $185 - $850. The last time one went to auction it sold for just over one hundred and eighty five thousand dollars.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 29, 2020

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I just noticed it's the banned version of Boba Fett, too.

The one with the choking hazard missile.

EDIT: Yours for just $185,850

No, that's not $185 - $850. The last time one went to auction it sold for just over one hundred and eighty five thousand dollars.

Yeah it basically never went to market and in that sense is barely even a product, but Star Wars mania means that a true collector must have this unpainted choking hazard miniature

https://www.fanthatracks.com/news/collecting/l-slot-boba-fett-sells-for-record-breaking-112926/

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
To be fair, that's a prototype. That's basically like saying "hand crafted by the ILM gnomes out of George's discarded beard clippings".

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Arquinsiel posted:

George's discarded beard clippings"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I have no idea who this is and if the packaging didn’t tell me, I wouldn’t know what movie he’s from.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That’s actually not too extreme as far as obscure character action figures go. He had speaking lines and everything, and was even in episode II. Yes I am a dork.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

III too

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
This figure exists.

I feel like it's at least partially just a way of selling nerds like me a HK-50 arm, but still... it exists.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I mean, the Ice Cream Maker Guy/Willrow Hood had been a combination joke/minor EU thing for like 20 years before they released that figure, and I think that whole line was similar stuff like video game characters, random alternate outfits, designs and what not.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I somehow missed that people cared about that guy until the ice cream maker showed as the beskar tote in the mandalorian

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That character is at least kind of a jokey reference, To me, the pinnacle of obscure Star Wars character action figures is this guy:

It's not only not a character anyone would ever recognize, it's not really a good toy because he's barely articulated. His arms move, but his body is just one solid piece of plastic. I kinda liked that it was both obscure and a character incapable of fighting to defend itself, but that's just my weird ideas from when I was 12.

I didn't actually know what this guy was from when I first got him. I assumed it was some senator in the background of some political scene, since it was part of the Attack of the Clones toyline, but apparently he's "Kren Blista Vanee" a guy who was an unnamed extra from some scene of Return of the Jedi that I don't remember at all.

He's also not the only one from this scene to get an action figure, but the other one's not the one I wish it was.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

fartknocker posted:

I mean, the Ice Cream Maker Guy/Willrow Hood had been a combination joke/minor EU thing for like 20 years before they released that figure, and I think that whole line was similar stuff like video game characters, random alternate outfits, designs and what not.
That's exactly the point, isn't it? The fans latched onto him and at some point it was decided that he was carrying the Deathstar II plans from the Bothans. In the end Disney included a reference to that fan weirdness in the show they were using to launch their streaming service.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Sheev's cabinet are probably the most underrated background characters

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I somehow missed that people cared about that guy until the ice cream maker showed as the beskar tote in the mandalorian

It had been a thing for years if not decades. There are photos of dozens of Willrows at every annual SW Celebration. Much like the Graflex flash, that particular ice cream maker model is really hard to come by because Star Wars nerds snap them up whenever they pop up for sale.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Beginnersaber63/status/1211629374572654593
https://twitter.com/Kabayan0628/status/1305343333254877184
https://twitter.com/MTFBWY_Kn/status/1304369943450800128
https://twitter.com/ginsun9/status/1302925122399993857

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/PeK4O.gifv

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

When I first saw that top thumbnail, I thought I was seeing one of the Duras sisters showing off their assets.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The blue makes it look like Firiona Vie from Everquest.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

While you guys were ogling Lelsa I have several questions about gas mask guy who’s been photoshopped in

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Hazo posted:

While you guys were ogling Lelsa I have several questions about gas mask guy who’s been photoshopped in

:same:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Hazo posted:

He's coming to save us from this terrible mishmash of Disney IP.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
This is a promo from the annual May the 4th party in Detroit, they renovate a bar to look like the cantina, costumes are mandatory so everyone is dressed up, they get themed bands, build giant props, every year it gets bigger and better (til this year of course) it's the most I look forward to anything all year.
https://vimeo.com/331818800
Edit:Fixed link

I'm the smoking Rodian.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 4, 2020

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
not a picture, didn’t look

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I love this picture becuase it looks like they're doing an mid 90s hip hop album. Like "Dizciples of the Dark Side : Straight outta Korriban Drops May 9th 1994, get it at your local Sam Goody or Suncoast"

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
You could fill this entire thread entirely through the JW Rinzler "Making of" books (he does other franchises, too! Just came out with "The Making of Aliens")

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

I love this picture becuase it looks like they're doing an mid 90s hip hop album. Like "Dizciples of the Dark Side : Straight outta Korriban Drops May 9th 1994, get it at your local Sam Goody or Suncoast"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

for some reason i'm getting a huge Black Adder vibe off these dudes

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU