Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
it doesnt and even if it did i dont know what you would need to mash in order to jump high lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

checking out mario 64 for the first time and uhh i dont get how everyones thumbs dont get tired tapping the analog stick over and over to make mario run?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

checking out mario 64 for the first time and uhh i dont get how everyones thumbs dont get tired tapping the analog stick over and over to make mario run?

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

it doesnt and even if it did i dont know what you would need to mash in order to jump high lol

yoy have to hold the button slightly longer and you need to make sure you have a good balanced diet and a proper 8 hours sleep for the energy to do that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You need to have run speed which is impossible to get in tight spaces with the screen real estate.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to poo poo myself and die.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Got 120 Stars in Mario 64 :cheers: Still fantastic after all these years. I think my favorite level was Tall Tall Mountain just for the variety of stuff going on in that level... I give worst level to Dire Dire Docks just because its such a nothing course, Tiny Huge Island sucks too but at least there's something to that level. Now to decide which I'll play next...

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm going to poo poo myself and die.

Don't do it!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
you can still do the double jump glitch in mario 35 ftw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HalfHazard posted:

Got 120 Stars in Mario 64 :cheers: Still fantastic after all these years. I think my favorite level was Tall Tall Mountain just for the variety of stuff going on in that level... I give worst level to Dire Dire Docks just because its such a nothing course, Tiny Huge Island sucks too but at least there's something to that level. Now to decide which I'll play next...

I was a little disappointed in Tall Tall Mountain's stars themselves because all of them basically just follow the same path and have you doing most of the same things. The one with the monkey's cage in particular, it's just going to the location of the first star then walking 10 seconds down a hill lmao

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I was a little disappointed in Tall Tall Mountain's stars themselves because all of them basically just follow the same path and have you doing most of the same things. The one with the monkey's cage in particular, it's just going to the location of the first star then walking 10 seconds down a hill lmao

I get what you mean, but I guess I just really love climbing that mountain lol. It was also cool that this stage had something I'd totally forgotten about, rediscovering it blew my mind... I totally forgot SM64 has three slides

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

only two shines left in the plaza are pachinko and leaf surfing and then I can move on to more levels

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I'm loving Super Mario Odyssey. The weird wiggling caterpillar things you can play as are so cool!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

okay, I'm prepared to call both packinko and the leaf one bullshit rather than good-hard. pachinko sucks because it doesn't seem to follow the physics of the rest of the game, when much of the appeal of sunshine is using FLUDD to gently caress around with things.

the leaf level itself is fine - it's hard, but it's hard in a good way, and letting you walk along the edge if you want to risk it to get that coin you missed is great. BUT, the way to get there involves waiting around for boats repeatedly, which isn't difficulty, it's just teduim. also, overall, yoshi kind of sucks in this game. he's supposed be a fun bonus power and instead they use him to make jumping over water more difficult and add to the scavenger hunt.

this is enough to render my verdict for this compared to Mario 64

I think the game overall has a lot going for it and that a lot of what people complain about is actually fine but that the flaws do weigh it down. it has too many unkillable nuisance enemies (the platform ghosts, some of the duck guys that throw you, etc) and timers (the red coin ones in the secret stages are fine) for a game whose appeal is big, vast stages to explore. the boss fights mostly feel boring and repetitive. it annoys me that the cutaway videos for things like the O and X graffiti/the shine appearing can happen mid-action and screw you up. all of the flaws are minor, but they drag the game down in a way that the major flaws of Mario 64 (the camera, mostly) DON'T drag that game down.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I walk into a random building in New Donk City and end up driving a moped away from a T-Rex. This game is so good!

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Just started Galaxy for the first time since it originally came out. My god. Gaming nirvana

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I just did the red coin fish in noki bay and then got a game over on the secret red coins in the seashell. if I had this as a disc I would hide it in a drawer under a pile of sweaters. I'm too far in to quit because I have like one stage and two shines left but galaxy is going to be a breath of fresh air.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i decided not to 120 shine sunshine for exactly this reason. theres a lot of huge pain in the rear end shines and i'd reather just not

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1321074181983916032?s=20 Oh lets freaking go.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Edit they also added Gamecube controller support to Sunshine so you can use the analog shoulder buttons etc. Pog!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Skylark posted:

Edit they also added Gamecube controller support to Sunshine so you can use the analog shoulder buttons etc. Pog!

W

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I wish this had happened like a month ago, but enjoy, all those starting the game now

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

I started playing MK8 7 years too late, it's a fantastic game. Wish there was an IZ tourney.

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

King Boo ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im so hype for 3d world. it's an S tier mario and it's gonna have a ton of new stuff in the switch version, it's the other mario party

been replaying the luigiu campaign and forgot how tricky it was lol, the first few levels are more challenging than anything in mario u, shame theyre so short

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What's better Super Mario 3 or World?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NienNunb posted:

mario 3 without question but world is still a solid god-tier

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

NienNunb posted:

i pick world because of all the secret level exits and keys and stuff, and star road.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
its 3

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

world for me, but it's a very close one. i prefer the 3 tileset in mariomaker 2 cause I think it's prettier

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
World. it has a better world

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mycophobia posted:

World. it has a better world

nsmbu's overworld is pretty epic and it;'s why it towers above all the other nsmb games

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

mario 3 without question but world is still a solid god-tier

:hai:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

NienNunb posted:

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

world. mario’s movement feels better in world

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I vote World mostly out of nostalgia since I played it to death as a kid but it's a really tough call. Both are godlike

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

3, i thought we could put this all behind us with how much blood has been shed in the past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Whatever I said last time, I've changed my mind and it's the other one.