Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sony switching O to "no" is bizarre. O being yes is super ingrained in Japan and I don't see some huge benefit to making this mandatory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Barudak posted:

Sony switching O to "no" is bizarre. O being yes is super ingrained in Japan and I don't see some huge benefit to making this mandatory

What?

Why don't they switch America back the right way so I is also yes here?

It's where the A button was when I played final fantasy 3 on snes. Any other button is wrong

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its why Im confused. I got a deck at work here in Japan and the entire thing was just lists of stuff with circles put on top of entries to denote the correctly implemented ones. Its weird to me Sony is universalizing and doing it this way.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

13 sentinels is really good btw

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Barudak posted:

Its why Im confused. I got a deck at work here in Japan and the entire thing was just lists of stuff with circles put on top of entries to denote the correctly implemented ones. Its weird to me Sony is universalizing and doing it this way.

Maybe they just wanted to do what Nintendon’t.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

13 sentinels is really good btw

What the gently caress is happening in this game lol :psyduck:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I started Nioh 2 and I am not a souls guy, only having played a fair bit of Bloodborne, but I like it despite it having a billion systems in play, many of which I simply ignore to my repeated peril. End of day, "gotta grind something" game though? Check.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

il serpente cosmico posted:

It really depends on whether ATI starts investing heavily in AI or not. Image Sharpening helps, but it's nowhere near as good as DLSS 2.0.

They will get to it, they are spending their money wisely and letting Nvidia figure it all out. ML is easy to implement something that's already been done and hard to patent.
A ps5 pro which is mostly the same hardware but some image reconstruction dedicated hardware would be a pretty safe bet as the mid gen upgrade.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

hatty posted:

Cowards should have gone the other way

:hmmyes:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
these are all the hands on from japan prem'ing in about 2 hours time. they are all mostly playing astro, balun, godfall and two of them are doing dmc5. i am assuming we might see the UI but lol, who knows with sony these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4GrrGhKi3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUrmTmMtNSw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZxe1fM27k8

dmc5 in this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3vCP2HWM9c

dmc 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dg9cEGj4L8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy7dO2qH2t0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_EAOkK8dL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZfzi-E-drA

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

there was no UI in any of them lmao

astro's playroom being sony mario 64 sure is something. but with the controller button coins, feels more like a soulless corp thing, also feels more like a tech demo for the dualsense. but people say astro vr on ps4 is the mario 64 of vr so what do i know, i never played it. (despite owning it and vr for nearly a year)

speaking of, anyone hear anything about the free vr dongle for ps5 we're meant to be getting? is coming with the console or do we have to claim it? if we have to claim it and we've not heard anything yet, im thinking we need to provide our ps5 serial numbers to get it and that means no vr stuff at launch... wanted that ps4 pro boost mode for re7 before i play it :negative:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I don't know why anyone thought we'd get UI breakdowns from Japanese cat enthusiasts

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Those load times on respawn are nuts, but I'm not a fan of the way the little cute robot screams and dies.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Fix posted:

I started Nioh 2 and I am not a souls guy, only having played a fair bit of Bloodborne, but I like it despite it having a billion systems in play, many of which I simply ignore to my repeated peril. End of day, "gotta grind something" game though? Check.

On Dream of the Samurai difficulty, Nioh 2 is more of an action game and you don't need to worry about the other stuff.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1312691928077565954

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1312696689879285760

quiet launch unit... could it be...

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

hatty posted:

Cowards should have gone the other way

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If the lightbar is gone I wonder how well the PSVR will track it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

If the lightbar is gone I wonder how well the PSVR will track it.

its not gone completely, theres still a little bit of light going around the top and sides. its probably that and a combo of gyro at least. which psvr game used the controllers lightbar tho? all the ones i played either needed move controllers or just used the controller as a regular controller.

plus you can use the psvr without the camera, im just remembering right now, its a little less smooth but doable.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

its not gone completely, theres still a little bit of light going around the top and sides. its probably that and a combo of gyro at least. which psvr game used the controllers lightbar tho? all the ones i played either needed move controllers or just used the controller as a regular controller.

plus you can use the psvr without the camera, im just remembering right now, its a little less smooth but doable.

Lots of big PSVR games use the lightbar - Resident Evil 7, Astrobot, Moss. Even a lot of games that are better with Moves have DS4 modes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Pretty sure the camera is mandatory for PSVR, it's how it does positional tracking for the headset itself and they haven't sold a VR bundle without a camera since shortly after launch (for the ten people who already had the camera before VR)

haveblue fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Oct 4, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Necrothatcher posted:

Lots of big PSVR games use the lightbar - Resident Evil 7, Astrobot, Moss. Even a lot of games that are better with Moves have DS4 modes.

re7 doesnt? it has no need to use the lightbar since nothing is really movable with regards to aiming, you do that with the headset. you just use the controller like you would normally, nothing special about it requiring the lightbar. then again, i only played the beginning hour in it fully. i played abit of the intro tho of the full game. but something tells me that this is another zelda SS doesnt need the wii sensor bar/ports of wii games will just gyro moment.

again, you can play the psvr without the camera, so...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

haveblue posted:

Pretty sure the camera is mandatory for PSVR, it's how it does positional tracking for the headset itself and they haven't sold a VR bundle without a camera since shortly after launch (for the ten people who already had the camera before VR)

i can confirm, it is not.

well, you dont need it pointing at you to pick up the lights on the headset, to be specific, i've not tried playing it without it plugged in. it just doesnt need 100% since i have the camera hidden behind my entertainment unit and poo poo still work but the movement in vr felt a bit more wobbly.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

re7 doesnt? it has no need to use the lightbar since nothing is really movable with regards to aiming, you do that with the headset. you just use the controller like you would normally, nothing special about it requiring the lightbar. then again, i only played the beginning hour in it fully. i played abit of the intro tho of the full game. but something tells me that this is another zelda SS doesnt need the wii sensor bar/ports of wii games will just gyro moment.

again, you can play the psvr without the camera, so...

Oh yeah, thinking back it is just gyro controls for aiming in RE7. Oh well, the point stands for the other two.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm curious how does the stand work to place the console in horizontal position. Still, the day I get one I'll get my gooncave ready to place it vertical with plenty of space around. I'm starting to dig how it looks compared to the black fridge (wich I don't mind being just that, a black fridge).

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Guillermus posted:

I'm curious how does the stand work to place the console in horizontal position. Still, the day I get one I'll get my gooncave ready to place it vertical with plenty of space around. I'm starting to dig how it looks compared to the black fridge (wich I don't mind being just that, a black fridge).

There’s at least one picture out there of the stand attached to the horizontal, it kind of looked like it clipped around the back of the console.

Edit allegedly this from Reddit:

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 4, 2020

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

There’s at least one picture out there of the stand attached to the horizontal, it kind of looked like it clipped around the back of the console.

Oh, I noticed some kind of retractable hook or something in one of the stand pics so that may be it? I hope that is stable enough.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I heard the system comes with a stand because you'll need it in both vertical and horizontal positions.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m gonna keep mine at 45 degrees

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m gonna keep mine at 45 degrees

Yeah....

Celsius :greenangel:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Seems it would wobble on the horizontal stand. Like my very fat cat will step on it and it’ll tilt and shred the disc or something.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think they made the top like that so people would not stack another console on top of it. Cause if not I would definitely just plop my switch dock on there.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

thats not even going to fit in any ones living room. i demand pictures of your rooms and your proposed ps5 placements because the only place i can put mine will be on the roof. :colbert:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i have never placed a console vertically and i sure as poo poo won't do it with the Tower of White Power over there

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I place the Wii and Wii U vertical but they are not nearly as tall.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hatty posted:

I place the Wii U vertical.

:raise:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah it came with little vertical stand shoes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hatty posted:

Yeah it came with little vertical stand shoes.

Wild, I got mine second-hand so I didn't even realise you could stand it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I might need to place mine vertical, hope it comes with the stand.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It do

Its standatory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFqsldOKvBk

First direct-feed PS5 gameplay of...

Godfall :smith: