Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

This is a thread for all the undecided voters for the 2020 American election who can't decide if Donald Tump or Joe Biden would be a better president.

According to this WP article I just googled, between 3% and 10% of voters still are unsure who to vote for.

I'm sure at least some of these people are also people that had to run from wildfires

Anyway, this thread is a safe space for those people to see if they can hash it out. Remember, appealing to these people is what the presidential debates are all about! If you can give feedback about how a moment in the debates helped you make up your mind, please do so.

Please do not complain about X who should have been the nominee, or that Y (Skeletor) would have been a better president. Trump v. Biden is what's being voted on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Undecided vorer

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the options are both just so great I can't choose!

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i'll have coffee and, uh, three eggs over easy, bacon, sausage, hash browns. do you do french toast? yeah french toast

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Can’t decide between La Riva & Hawkins

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
*muffled voice from the voter booth* I'll have the... uhhhh... I'll have... sorry hold on. Should have thought about this more before. *paper rustling* Gosh darn everything looks so good on here!

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

if im gonna vote at all its going to be

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

place holder

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Malkina_ posted:

la riva isnt on the maine ballot so that made this choice easy.

we have ranked choice now so im prob going howie, bernie write in, rocky de la fuente, jorgensen, biden, and trump in that order i guess? im undecided on everything beyond the first two

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
saw an absentee ballot here in MO and it didn't have ye. smh our democracy has failed

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

So I take it after the first debate undecided voters need more?

CBC:
U.S. presidential debate leaves undecided voters unmoved, say expats living in Sask.

Debate offered more interruption, yelling, personal attacks than insight into candidates' beliefs: expats

CNN:
Undecided voter reacts to debate: I'd consider not voting

Sad, failing NYT:
For Voters Still Mulling, One Thing Is Clear: That Debate Didn’t Help

Frankly at this point I feel like Trump personally showing up to these people's houses and threatening to murder their pets would not be much help

breadnsucc
Jun 1, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
many of us have candidates on our ballots other than those two, and also have write in spots. Fortunately we have the option of voting for any of those other people if we choose or our own pets even. gently caress Trump and Biden if you vote for either you're a piece of poo poo and deserve what is coming to you.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

gently caress me how is this real:

CBC posted:

When Biden mentioned the far-right group Proud Boys, Trump replied "Proud Boys stand back, stand by," and added "somebody's got to do something about [the anti-fascist movement] Antifa and the left, because this is not right-wing problem. This is a left-wing problem."

Dunning, who is right-leaning, said he couldn't understand why the president couldn't "call a spade a spade in this instance."

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Malkina_ posted:

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Malkina_ posted:

more like can't tell the difference between Gloria La Riva and Alyson Kennedy

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Wait, there's an election going on? Who's running, and for what?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
assuming they win, who would willing to cut me a check? Trump or Joe

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Just Who Are These Undecided Voters, Anyway?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

assuming they win, who would willing to cut me a check? Trump or Joe

bernie would have cut the checks

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

The big question is: does Donald Trump's covid infection make him more human to undecided voters?

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

hmmm, Biden talks a lot about solving the pandemic and I like that. but Trump is actively dying and I also like that. I’m torn tbh

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Just Vote!

If you don’t know who to vote for just fill in the top bubble in every race. You’ll get full credit.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Malkina_ posted:

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

I remember a twitter feed (or perhaps a website?) that shared examples of voters with weirdly contradictory demographics/voting patterns that were extrapolated by public records (ie: 32 year LGBT female, teacher, Obama->Trump voter in Pennsylvania). Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

TrixRabbi posted:

hmmm, Biden talks a lot about solving the pandemic and I like that. but Trump is actively dying and I also like that. I’m torn tbh

Remember the bounce George Wallace got after his assassination attempt!

(To clarify, somebody tried to kill Wallace, Wallace did not try to kill Nixon)

e: though he'd probably get a bounce either way

Pretty Little Angel
Jun 26, 2006
I'm still undecided as to whether to vote for Biden or a 3rd party candidate.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Nebakenezzer posted:

Please do not complain about X who should have been the nominee, or that Y (Skeletor) would have been a better president. Trump v. Biden is what's being voted on

Might I suggest Howie Hawkins in this trying time, provided the democrats haven't removed him from the ballot in an act of blatant voter suppression in your state?

Or, should you be so lucky theres Gloria La Riva

Trump v Biden is a false dichotomy.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Malkina_ posted:

La Riva isn't on the ballot in NYS, so unfortunately i have decided on Howie. But yea, overall I'm a bit upset at the lack of choices on the ballot.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Nix Panicus posted:

Um hello this thread is entirely about people who cannot decide if they should vote Trump or Biden, not CSPAM and its malcontents

It's what the debates are all about! Undecided voters! Who apparently *still* could not make up their minds between the two

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Crazypoops posted:

Undecided vorer

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
wowie zowie so many names who is howie I am too stupid to live smetime strump says a mean thing but I think biden might raise a tax

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

forget La Riva, vote for a Kennedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp-yjC7fWpc

MixMastaTJ
Dec 14, 2017

Private Cumshoe posted:

wowie zowie so many names who is howie I am too stupid to live smetime strump says a mean thing but I think biden might raise a tax

Don't worry friend, both will give us tax!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Malkina_ posted:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

Might I suggest Howie Hawkins in this trying time, provided the democrats haven't removed him from the ballot in an act of blatant voter suppression in your state?

Or, should you be so lucky theres Gloria La Riva

nebakenezzer is canadian lol

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
what is voting even

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

barnacle jim is dead

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Farm Frenzy posted:

barnacle jim is dead

he seemed like a good guy to roll with the jokes over the years, a lot of great content and laughs. it's really sad, my condolences to his friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
I'm undecided because both sides have some valid concerns.