Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

luxury handset posted:

it's fine to eat raw honey, the main benefit to processing is to remove bits of wax and dead bee. pasteurization extends the shelf life too. but honey is one of those things that most people can eat directly from nature, if you can figure out how to deal with the angry bees

I never pasteurise my honey basically because I don't have an easy way to do it. But I would say that it does not increase its shelf life. Honey that's not from rape seed will remain pretty stable for years. You only pasteurise it to make it safe for infants or the elderly. Through good bee handling you can prevent botulism a lot anyway.

It reminds me of the story of them opening a tomb in Egypt and finding a pot of 3000 year old honey, opening it and finding it was still good. Only after eating some of it did they investigate further and find the remains of a child in the jar.

Aramoro has a new favorite as of 08:15 on Oct 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Aramoro posted:

Only after eating some of it did they investigate further and find the remains of a child in the jar.

Wow can't believe the conspiracy goes back to ancient egypt.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

there wolf posted:

Actually they started prepping her to be queen before all that. At some point they just assumed Edward wasn't going to have a legitimate heir and they'd better be ready for the crown to pass to her.

She was 10 when her uncle abdicated.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
We really should figure out a better name for rapeseed at some point

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The US calls it canola I think.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

goblin week posted:

We really should figure out a better name for rapeseed at some point

Weirdly enough, it's derived from 'rapa', the latin word for turnip.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

oldpainless posted:

What do you do if there’s a black cop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaX-ZzEJ4bM&t=120s

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

OwlFancier posted:

The US calls it canola I think.

No, they're different things, technically

https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-between-canola-and-rapeseed-206047

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016
RE: Pasteurised honey

Just WHY?

I mean, sucking honey straight from the comb might mean I'm a bit biased, but processed honey just tastes like Fanta with the water boiled off

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Raw honey made me poo poo my absolute doodoo guts so I'll stick with pasteurized

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

This thread right now https://youtu.be/jvkhVqWHR7k

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

https://twitter.com/realchrisrufo/status/1312978966278402048

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Mak0rz posted:

tl:dr; Raw meat is the tits.

Thank you for this. I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought of the crazy goons who loved spoiled meat.

Raw honey is the bomb, though I can see how it would creep people out to eat propolis and bits of wax if you get the unfiltered stuff. Or if you're my sister who didn't realize that uncapped honey ferments and opened a jar months later to find what was basically mead.

We need a honey/beekeeper thread.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Do adverts on Social Media count?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): I'm existing just for listing!!! > Idiots on Social Media: slavery was hard and so is this workout

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Aramoro posted:

loving ouch. Jesus Christ.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Already gone I am afraid.

Aramoro posted:

WHAT?!

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

hyperhazard posted:

Thank you for this. I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought of the crazy goons who loved spoiled meat.

Raw honey is the bomb, though I can see how it would creep people out to eat propolis and bits of wax if you get the unfiltered stuff. Or if you're my sister who didn't realize that uncapped honey ferments and opened a jar months later to find what was basically mead.

We need a honey/beekeeper thread.

You won't beelieve what's already in DIY: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3091681&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): I'm existing just for listing!!! > Idiots on Social Media: slavery was hard and so is this workout

please

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

Already gone I am afraid.

It was a white Republican's commentary on critical race theory. You're not missing much.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

:mods:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Sweet, thanks!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ultrafilter posted:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Aramoro posted:

Reminding me of a bakery which had a bun product stuffed with lemongrass chicken named The Killing Fills

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
All the replies to this are full of idiocy but this one is my favorite.

Imagining a comic book cover depicting Trump bursting out of a medical gown like the Incredible Hulk, holding a puny weakling in CDC garb by the neck while a dozen kitted out enemies look on in terror.

https://twitter.com/HillTownTrader1/status/1313145065536184321

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Aramoro posted:

There's... so much to unpack here. Where does one even begin with this

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The 12 Years of thing looks so familiar even though it’s dated today. I could’ve sworn another gym has done the same thing in the past to the exact same reaction.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Skwirl posted:

She was 10 when her uncle abdicated.
And he already had a long-established habit of loving older married ladies, together with no interest at all in suitable unmarried ladies.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Harmless idiocy

https://twitter.com/mikeisaac/status/1312950068660502528?s=21

https://twitter.com/mikeisaac/status/1312953721265950720?s=21

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/bearloga/status/1313154496873279490

Announcer voice: the issue was Excel.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/kayaburgess/status/1313104752826347525?s=20
Oops.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Aramoro posted:

:wom:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

She admitted she's too broke after her last payout for being a shithead to pay any damages. Right now she's trading (bullshit) while insolvent.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/1313102777623732226

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Skwirl posted:

She's only the Queen because her uncle was a nazi.

afaik part of Hitler's big plan to conquer England involved sneaking Edward VIII by U-boat from the Bahamas back to England to install as a sympathetic monarch, because Hitler was sure he'd go along with it.

He'd been sent to the Bahamas in the first place to keep him far away from Europe, because everyone else was sure he'd go along with it too, and Germany had already started making him offers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think I'd rather chill in the Bahamas with my fascist mistress then be in charge of a war torn UK that would almost certainly have huge amounts of civil unrest if not open civil war.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Skwirl posted:

I think I'd rather chill in the Bahamas with my fascist mistress then be in charge of a war torn UK that would almost certainly have huge amounts of civil unrest if not open civil war.

He spent the rest of his life pissed off because the British government wouldn't call Wallis "Her Royal Highness". No, seriously. He would have been ecstatic to have been 'in charge' of the UK.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

there wolf posted:

Actually they started prepping her to be queen before all that. At some point they just assumed Edward wasn't going to have a legitimate heir and they'd better be ready for the crown to pass to her.

Going into abdication, they were pretty sure that Wallis couldn't produce an heir. Nobody wanted to risk that, however, and made sure he gave up that as well.

Skwirl posted:

Edward figured out that Americans have a deep fascination with royalty and lived off that after the war.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Edward figured out that Americans have a deep fascination with royalty and lived off that after the war.
Our education is legit so terrible that to many of us the role of President = King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

mind the walrus posted:

Our education is legit so terrible that to many of us the role of President = King.

That's absolutely not my experience and I went to a public school in the heart of yeehaw Alamo Texas. I'm genuinely convinced that there's a "woe is we, the americans, dumbest and worst of all peoples ever, we've never even heard of another country, except for me the smart one" for every MAGA fucker